Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8589 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor, slow or fast?

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kaladar007:

※With Mjolnir -Yes

※Combat speed- Peak human or slightly above at best

※Without it-No. He is not even as fast super soldiers in a foot race. They surpass him

Well said sir

KALADAR007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinforgod

Look, I asked you nicely to stop tagging me in your posts because quite frankly I have nothing to say to you at this point. You posting out of context scans of Superman being tagged by slow bricks will not change my mind about Superman having the obvious advantage over Thor in speed, more in importantly Superman being tagged by slow bricks (which is a poor attempt of a low ball by the way) doesn't remove THE OBVIOUS speed he has over Thor. He (Supes) is well known to have super human speed, he has raced the Flash on many occasions, blitzed folks, moved so fast that people were statues, ran on foot at super speed (JUST LIKE THE FLASH) and in the media (TV, Movies, Series and Cartoons) he has used super human speed. Hell, what does faster than a speeding bullet mean? Hmmm, I have asked you for scans of Thor doing either of these things that Superman has done (and he is still doing them for your information) and you purposely dodged and avoided my question (for obvious reasons, lol).

This is seriously my last response to you, if you tag me again I will just report you now. Now, just to amuse you, out of all the out of context scans you posted, I will address the Darksied one where he pimp smacks Superman. Ha ha ha, I bet you don't even know the context of that fight right? You are aware that Superman has also humilated Darkseid right? As a matter of fact, I'll post a scan where Superman blitzes Darksied and ends the fight in one page!!!!! Here:

No Caption Provided

Superman throws a left (or a right) hook at Darksied right? Darksied gets pissed, look how Superman deals with him, PAY ATTENTION:

No Caption Provided

There, the fight ends there....a pissed off Darksied is owned in one panel before he can even react!!!!! So much for you Darkseid pimp smack scan

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slightly above average peak human fast yeah.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinforgod FLAGGED

I warned you and even addressed you nicely to stop with your BS out of context scans that your dumping in my inbox but you simply chose to be pig-headed and stubborn. I even gave you the attention you were seeking for when I answered some of the out of context scans you dumped in my email and the response I got was "Dude, your still tagging on this speed issue?" Lol

I noticed that in one of your out of context scans (as usual), you posted a scan of Superman being tagged by one of the prophets of doom then you ask me a stupid question why Superman was tagged? Well that's interesting, it's either you (on purpose) left this scan out or forgot about what happened further on in the fight:

No Caption Provided

There you have it, Superman beats the prophet of doom so bad that he literally begs for mercy!!!! lol, so much for Superman being tagged by a slow brick

I'm done with you, I asked you for scans of Thor doing things that Superman has done.....since hey, Superman has done SIMILAR things that the Flash (who is known as a speedster, you know that right?) has done but you have avoided my questions like a father avoiding to pay child support. I can't believe I even wasted my time debating with you and even falling to your bait to TRY AND PROVE THAT SUPERMAN HAS SUPER SPEED just because slow bricks tag him???? LOL, talk about desperation in hating a character (who doesn't even exist, lol) who happens to have something your IDOL doesn't have. Oh, I have now also blocked you as well......sheesh you are definitely the worst Thor debater I've met....and that's saying something considering Thor fans are one of the worst people to debate with. Don't feel bad that you will no longer get responses from me hence forward, perhaps other Superman fans out there will have the tolerance for your BS so I'm handing them over to you.

Goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maalik: Agreed, but apparently some Thor fans out there can't get the grasp that Thor flying at light-speed is a travel feat and does't make him to move his limbs at that speed (hell, it's mjornir that can even travel that fast to begin with, lol).

But hey, we have some Thor fans who say Superman is just as slow (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? LOL) as Thor just because slow bricks and peak humans tag him. Yet we have countless feats of Superman running at super speed, blitzing opponents at super speed, racing speedsters like the Flashes on foot, vibrating so fast that his opponent's punches go right through him, moving so fast that people and objects remain frozen and many more (and I have not even gotten to the media aspect of it). Thor doesn't even have one of these feats but some Thor fan-boys (they must be hardcore fans or just trolls) yet believe that their viking god is somewhat a speedster yet the dude moves his limbs like the original Robo-cop

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: They're trolls or coping my dude I wouldn't waste time. It should be self evident that Superman can act like a speedster when he wants and he often does, whereas Thor has more than a dozen more feats of him being consistently tagged by street level foes.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

☝️

True

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flight speed- MFTL (He flew to the edge of the universe in seconds after Odin pissed him off).

Two things here, number:

1) That's flight travel, that has nothing to do with Thor being able to travel that fast. Thor's flight speed is based on mjornir considering it's the weapon that can travel at speedster level speeds, it's like me getting inside a car and driving it 200 mph and then waving my hand outside the window. I can't travel as fast as my car and that's the same thing with Thor holding unto mjornir, that's why we never see any speed feats of a hammer-less Thor (lol)

2) Mjornir flying to the edge of the universe in less than 60 seconds wasn't it's own doing, it was Odin who sent mjornir back to Thor when Odinson tried to commit suicide. The scan is from the Marvel Graphic Novel #32: The Mighty Thor- I Whom the Gods Would Destroy and it has been debunked many times on the Vine so I'm not going to go any further with it. Just a suggestion, try at least to have an understanding on the scans you present here so that you don't mislead people.

Combat speed- MFTL (He’s blitzed Gladiator, SS, Galactus, and Celestials)

Thor has never blitzed Gladiator to my knowledge but he has reacted to Gladiator's bull-rush or attempted blitz (if you will), which I have to admit is impressive. As for Silver Surfer, the dude doesn't even have super speed to begin with, he only has flight travel (much like Thor) thanks to his board (lol)

Hammer swing speed- Same as flight speed.

Where do you get this from? Is this the scan that you are referring to:

No Caption Provided

?

It all depends on who he’s fighting. Just like with Superman. Superman has been tagged by street lvl characters,

What does being tagged by street levels have to do with anything? Everyone gets tagged by street levels and slow bricks, speedsters like the Flash family, Marvel's very own Quicksilver and Speed-Demon get tagged by all the time by non-speedsters, peak humans and even slow bricks. Hell, Flash has trouble with a villain who controls mirrors and a dude who throws boomerangs for a living (lol). Jokes aside, we don't say Thor is slow because he is tagged by slow people, we say he is slow because:

1) We've never seen him run at super speed on foot, Superman has done this plenty of times

2) We've never seen Thor race a speedster on foot (like Speed Demon or Quicksilver), Superman has raced pretty almost every member of the Flash family ON FOOT.

3) We've never seen Thor move his limbs so fast that people are frozen like statues, Superman has done this plenty of times (which is a common trademark used by the Flash family)

4) We've never seen Thor throw 100 or 1000 punches/kicks on opponents in one hit, something Superman has done numerous times

5) We've never seen Thor vibrate his body so fast that he becomes invisible or phases through his opponent's attacks

6) Other forms of media (TV, cartoons and movies etc) are full of feats of Superman using super speed (and no, not just him flying in a straight line) while Thor has none of those!!!

If you can show us scans of Thor doing either of these things, then we will have something to debate on. So far, the only speed feat Thor has is travel speed and I dare may say he might be faster than Superman on that department (thanks to mjornir, of course)

yet no one in their right mind is gonna say he’s that slow. Same with Thor, he’s holding back against street lvl characters.

Superman has feats to show that he is fast and I've just listed 7 points (just naming a few) to back up that not only does he have super speed, but he is ALSO a speedster and is probably the second closest person behind the Flash family in the speed department. Being tagged by slow bricks and street lvl characters doesn't take away the many feats Superman has showed in the speed department. He has used speed from his early creation (faster than a speeding bullet), pre 52 run and is still using super speed in the New 52 run. Speed is a part of his trademark, you guys like to bring up the fact that Superman is tagged by slow bricks/street lvl characters yet some of these characters who have given Supes trouble they themselves have been humiliated by Superman. Yes Thor does hold back but hey so does Spidey, but that doesn't stop him from blitzing people (lol)

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KevinforGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: This is like 2 or 3 times you have accused me for tagging (flagging you). I don't like it. If you are having email error, please check the comicvine very well before accusing me of tagging you. (It's has been long that i have stopped tagging you but you choose to continue accusing me of tagging you) Please Check very well.... . ...... .... IT'S WELL

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: This is like 2 or 3 times you have accused me for tagging (flagging you).

Look man, let's leave this now. I already said to you that I will not talk to you again, this is why I said "This is my last response to you." So I'm only responding to you now because you tagged me, the last time I spoke to you (which was my last response to you) was 11 days ago and I want to keep it that way.

I don't like it

You posted scans on this thread and you asked me why Superman is tagged by slow bricks since he is a speedster. I ignored those scans and I found those scans in my inbox and it annoys the hell out of me. I don't know how your scans got into my inbox, if you didn't post them then we will leave it at that.

. If you are having email error, please check the comicvine very well before accusing me of tagging you.

The scans are there in my inbox and I have no idea how they got there, like I said, let's just leave it at that.

(It's has been long that i have stopped tagging you but you choose to continue accusing me of tagging you)

No brother I'm not choosing anything, you know very well how this argument between you and me started. Even another Thor user here corrected you when you misjudged me and you even apologized for it. Look, like I said (and for the third time), let's just leave it. You stand in your side of the fence and I will stand in my side

Please Check very well.... . ...... .... IT'S WELL

We're not the first people to butt heads and we are certainly not the last, this is my way of saying to you, IT IS WELL.

Peace

KevinforGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian: Whatever it is, enjoy yourself and stay here (More grease to your elbow)

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Alligatian

@kevinforgod: Whatever it is, enjoy yourself and stay here

Nah, I'm good hommie (lol)

(More grease to your elbow)

John Cena Thuganomics Era Freestyle: Smackdown, April 24, 2003 on Make a GIF

Avatar image for homelandersweak
    Homelandersweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is fast its just that comic writers don't show his true speed as much because thors true speed should be mftl

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.