Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Ragnarok news.

• 126 results
    ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Thor Ragnarok trailer was awesome but I had one problem with the trailer. It seemed as if marvel had cut out the scene of the Thor using lightning without mjolnir but in a leaked picture of a lego set, it seems Thor will show this power on the big screen. Also is seems that Fenris is confirmed for the movie as well. Let me know what you guys think of the news. http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-thor-ragnarok-box-art-images/

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a behind the scene where they are adding lightning aura to Thor when he fights Hulk.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thorthunder98

lol was just about to create this thread myself

No Caption Provided

I've seen people saying it's actually because he's using the space stone but I think more likely that it is him using lightning without mjolnir which will be great!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he is more than likely to have his lightning.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By antithetical

Still waiting to see how this plays out. I know a times the trailers will differ from the actual scenes in the movie, so hopeful we see Thor generating lightning without Mjolnir.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yea in the past they've added lightning in after the trailers like in TDW Vanaheim battle

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I never liked that they reduced Thor to just producing lightning strikes straight from the hammer. There was something....elemental about Thor calling down lightning from the heavens so to speak. They never developed his natural abilities past the first film. He could cause a ton of damage without even lifting a finger. I know CGI is more expensive and needs more editing, but imagine Thor mowing down an army of Dark Elves or whatever with some type of insane hurricane with otherworldly gale force winds.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to control the weather, not only shoot lightning from his hands.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

he better go offf, which i kinda doubt

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More proof of Thor's lightning powers.

No Caption Provided
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: I saw that a couple days ago and immediately thought this likely means he will still have his lightning/weather manipulation abilities without Mjolnir.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor doing lightning manipulation with Mjolnir? So sweet, i like it, can't wait to see it in the movie, he has to spam the hell out of it. :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol now they are Gods.

will they make up their mind lol.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GodDamnIronMan
    Loading Video...

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better with the new Justice League trailer...then this came out :))))

Avatar image for deactivated-59a10bc833249
    deactivated-59a10bc833249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Sorry but where is ODINFORCE THOR? All I saw in the last was Thor using his lightning..Or powering up.

That doesn't seems like any ODINFORCE.

That aside,my personal opinion is him staying away from any external amp until infinity war.I want to see him using his OWN full power,not his Daddy's one's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does Odinforce even exists in MCU???

he is weak af.

he couldn't beat some random elves...

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
    The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last moment where he seemed to glow brightly might have been the Odin Force, or something close to it.

I don't think it was his own power, because if it was then he would've used it earlier in the film against Hela or to escape the arena.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: check out my thread on this discussion: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/thor-ragnarok-official-trailer-not-rkt-or-odinforc-1889197/#11

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, still not sold on Thompson as Valkyrie, which could be distracting, but the rest is looking great. A load of epic scenes, hoping this movie ends up doing very well at the box office. From the previews alone it's easily the best of the Thor films.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last moment where he seemed to glow brightly might have been the Odin Force, or something close to it.

I don't think it was his own power, because if it was then he would've used it earlier in the film against Hela or to escape the arena.

for me it was his.. remember what he said to banner "before i met you , i went on a journey of self discovery" .. this may be the time he undestands his latent power. also in the vision from AOU heimdall was telling him of his power. seems to me that he relied too much on mjolnir and in ragnarok he just learnt his innate power

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden said:

for me it was his.. remember what he said to banner "before i met you , i went on a journey of self discovery" .. this may be the time he undestands his latent power. also in the vision from AOU heimdall was telling him of his power. seems to me that he relied too much on mjolnir and in ragnarok he just learnt his innate power

Good point

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Taika Waititi on why Thor and Loki are using guns in the trailer:

"I think we really wanted to challenge Thor in this film. He's challenged more than in any of the other films," said Waititi. "He loses the hammer, which is the source of his power, and he's really on the back foot most of the film. We didn't want him to be able to utilize magic, or to have Loki's magic. We didn't want him to have too many advantages. He had to really find his way out of this predicament using his brain and using his friends."

Looks like Thor won't be at full power for the majority of the film then.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

"I think we really wanted to challenge Thor in this film. He's challenged more than in any of the other films," said Waititi. "He loses the hammer, which is the source of his power, and he's really on the back foot most of the film. We didn't want him to be able to utilize magic, or to have Loki's magic. We didn't want him to have too many advantages. He had to really find his way out of this predicament using his brain and using his friends."

That's annoying, hearing this combined with the short runtime I might be losing my faith in Taika tbh. I like what I've seen so far from trailers but things like this dull my faith in it and that I think Chris said he gets his ass kicked in the film a lot that's not what I want to see I want to see Thor kicking ass Thor gets used as a punching bag way too much

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's annoying, hearing this combined with the short runtime I might be losing my faith in Taika tbh. I like what I've seen so far from trailers but things like this dull my faith in it and that I think Chris said he gets his ass kicked in the film a lot that's not what I want to see I want to see Thor kicking ass Thor gets used as a punching bag way too much

One thing i was not a fan of in the MCU thor movies is tthe guns, laser guns that were used by the dark elves. now thor uses them. I also didnt like asgards defenses. all in all i havent seen an arrow or axe from asgard except volstaggs..

I'm really having doubts now after being hyped from the trailer.. same reasons. Thor admitting in the panel he gets his A kicked a lot, runtime, seeing thor using a gun. if its a 100min movie, we can see thor fighting like "Thor" for what?15 -25 min?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
    @lvenger said:

One thing i was not a fan of in the MCU thor movies is tthe guns, laser guns that were used by the dark elves. now thor uses them. I also didnt like asgards defenses. all in all i havent seen an arrow or axe from asgard except volstaggs..

I'm really having doubts now after being hyped from the trailer.. same reasons. Thor admitting in the panel he gets his A kicked a lot, runtime, seeing thor using a gun. if its a 100min movie, we can see thor fighting like "Thor" for what?15 -25 min?

Yea like I want to be super hyped but hearing these things ain't helping me the trailers get me hyped then I read shit like this and dulls me down. I was hoping we'd finally see Thor showing his power and kicking all kinds of ass this film but clearly not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: hehe its science fiction.

MCU is aiming for that.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

if THOR is still weak we should riot.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
    The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New international trailer.

Loading Video...
    Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I'm more impressed by valkryie blocking all those hela knives...

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice very nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: you mean the Valkyrie one or the Thor one???

anyway, Hela is hela OP :)

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Not really. You can clearly tell that he’s spinning mjolnir as a shield the way he does in the comics. This put a smile on my face....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.