Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

THOR Plunges Hammer-First Into EMPYRE After It Hurts His Mom GAEA

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By lazarus4tempest

No Caption Provided

EMPYRE: THOR #1 (OF 3)

Written by RAM V.

Art and Cover by PASQUAL FERRY

RESHAPING THE COSMOS!

The Earth is under attack — and for Thor, the fight is personal! Gaea, goddess of nature and Thor’s birth mother, has fallen ill…and it has something to do with the reason the Kree and Skrull are here! The journey to save her — and all Midgard — will expand the Asgardian pantheon in a whole new direction! Critically acclaimed writer Ram V. (These Savage Shores, Justice League Dark) and fan-favorite artist Pasqual Ferry take Thor to the ends of the Earth!

Empyre: Thor #1 launches this May, tying the God of Thunder to Marvel's next big event with a three-issue series

Written by Ram V with art from Pasqual Ferry, Empyre: Thor ties Thor's mother, Gaea the Earth goddess, to Empyre, with Thor working to save her from the influence of the combined Kree and Skrull empires.

"I jumped at the chance to write Thor’s tie-in to the Empyre event,” Ram V said "He's one of those characters that's the perfect mix of all the things I enjoy. I get to blur sci-fi and fantasy genres. I get to play with world mythologies and I'll be taking Thor to unexpected places, facing off against exciting new threats. All of that with glorious art from Pasqual Ferry whose work has been nothing short of iconic!

"I think fans are going to see some thunder and lightning like they’ve never seen before. And I'm thrilled it's tying into the big summer event at Marvel. It's brilliant working in that sandbox, weaving Thor's story in with those from the other brilliant creators involved!"

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Marvel events make me sick but not this one not yet

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel events make me sick but not this one not yet

lol ..you have a point

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

they remembered Gaea.

a shocker.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

they remembered Gaea.

a shocker.

I said the same thing when i saw it ....his Elder-god heritage needs to be explored more , the possibilities are endless

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.