Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor In Avengers 2 : Skills & other things [Spoiler Alert]

• 58 results
    ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ThePhoenX

Last week-end, I saw Avengers 2. I found the film really good. Alternating very well, fast and slower paces.and humor is sucessfully distilled along the film.

But I think, the thing that amazed me the most is the avengers' skills.

As soon as they switch to "combat mode" they are like some kind of professionnal assassins : the right move at the right time. The synergy between them during the fights definitely worth a look.

And Thor is no exception.

About Thor, I don't want to say to many thing, but from my point of view it's one of the best way he was ever depicted : funny, skilled in combat with his bare hands, "enlightened". He has something of the "classic Thor".

There is just two moments in the film that a Thor fan can be disapointed but think about

that : Mini spoiler

five two seconds after whatever happens to him is he really hurt?

Just remind you that the guy who managed the feat :

- is depicted as a pure being;

- has one of the most powerful artefact in the universe

- who gave him a (huge) spark of life?

And you, what did you think about it?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By THORSON

Not surprised to know THOR would get smashed by vision.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson Hi Thorson!

I was worried about that!

But it's "not exactly what happened!" ;)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Perhaps i will enjoy more the Blu Ray extend edition, for me Joss Whedon didn't made the best final theatrical Cut, Thor and his Visions sequences were affected by Whedon's cut, that visions set Ragnarok but they feel short for AAU, he still has great moments, and his humor delivery in every scene, but some more Valhallan Spirit was needed to his character in the Ultron fight sequence, i think that the humor that follow that sequence would still delivery, his relation with the Vision (Character) was great one of the best things in the movie for me, the really negative fact is that he didn't get rid of Jane yet and that gives me headaches for the Ragnarok...

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had it's hick ups, sure, but Thor was great.

Firstly, bare armed Thor is way better.

second-I don't think he ever breaks a sweat during the whole movie. Ultron went after thor personally and thor let him hit him around just to set vision up for a hit.

3rd-He blew up the whole floating island!!!!!!

Bonus-vision giving himself a cape because Thor was wearing one.

He may not have had the most screen time, but he really showed he was essential to the team and the main power house.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup Thor totally owned. A much watch as a Thor fan. For all these months of draggin Thor through the mud, He definetly solidifies his status as the power house. He has the most incredible feats and is never in any real danger. He also plays a part in tearing off vibrainium.

must watch as a Thor fan, must watch.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Thor really looked like the go-to powerhouse of the film. I was really pleased that he had more to do dialogue wise. He really looked like a true founding member next to Iron Man and Captain America, and I really liked how the three of them were portrayed and shown as the "Big Three." It was a nice homage to the comic books. As far as physical feats...

Instead of making them into weaklings, Whedon went a different route with both Thor and Hulk in this movie. He showed them both as incredibly powerful and dangerous opponents. Thor's striking ability from start to finish is really high-end, and really he never actually broke much of a sweat in the movie. I liked how Ultron was worried after Thor showed up and started demolishing a crapload of the robots all at once. Although I thought the Ultron/Thor fight could've been a bit longer, it's obvious that Whedon used that scene for the Vision to smash Ultron with Mjolnir as Thor was essentially tanking all of his punches. The super-charged lightning strike to blow up a chunk of the Earth was a pretty awesome moment.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee:

I think the Blu Ray cut will extend Thor Visions sequence, because that mystery female character from the trailers wasn't in the movie, but even with the theatrical Cut, it's now obvious that Thor Ragnarok will be the first real link with Thanos and the Infinity stones in the MCU, we debated before in what Ragnarok should be focused on, after watch Avengers 2 i think Thanos will have a more center role that i initially thought, did you notice that Heimdall spoke of Hel and Thor also mentioned Hel when he talking about Hulk's performance against Hydra? In my opinion in live action will be very hard to make believable that Thanos could love Death, but if that Death is personified in some character that could actually work... Hela ?

No Caption Provided

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Thor really looked like the go-to powerhouse of the film. I was really pleased that he had more to do dialogue wise. He really looked like a true founding member next to Iron Man and Captain America, and I really liked how the three of them were portrayed and shown as the "Big Three." It was a nice homage to the comic books. As far as physical feats...

Instead of making them into weaklings, Whedon went a different route with both Thor and Hulk in this movie. He showed them both as incredibly powerful and dangerous opponents. Thor's striking ability from start to finish is really high-end, and really he never actually broke much of a sweat in the movie. I liked how Ultron was worried after Thor showed up and started demolishing a crapload of the robots all at once. Although I thought the Ultron/Thor fight could've been a bit longer, it's obvious that Whedon used that scene for the Vision to smash Ultron with Mjolnir as Thor was essentially tanking all of his punches. The super-charged lightning strike to blow up a chunk of the Earth was a pretty awesome moment.

loved that scene as well as Thor taking out all those bots with that spinning move whoa mighty it was soo goood it was sooo good must see it again!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THORSON

I was so off with my prediction.

Not just THOR but everyone didn't have a moment where it was like that was the highlight which is a good thing. Everyone was on the same level.

I personally thought just like in EMH. THOR would have been banned from returning home. I was expecting THOR to return back down and say "I can't return home"

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

I was so off with my prediction.

Not just THOR but everyone didn't have a moment where it was like that was the highlight which is a good thing. Everyone was on the same level.

I personally thought just like in EMH. THOR would have been banned from returning home. I was expecting THOR to return back down and say "I can't return home"

Well considering he was cast out of Asgard in the first Thor movie I seriously doubt they'd have revisited that theme so soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, it looked like Thor was struggling against Ultron, which doesn't make any sense. In the first Avengers, Thor was matching Hulk in strength, and in AOU, Hulk was shown as basically trashing Ultron every time they met up. If Thor is as strong as Hulk, he should have easily taken care of Ultron. If Whedon completely looked over that, and just made Thor a lot weaker for whatever reason just to give Vision the spotlight, then Thor is ridiculously weak. His power levels are so inconsistent! And the hyped Vision vs Thor fight wasn't in the theatrical cut. I was looking forward to it...perhaps another oppurtinity to show Thor's power.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, it looked like Thor was struggling against Ultron, which doesn't make any sense. In the first Avengers, Thor was matching Hulk in strength, and in AOU, Hulk was shown as basically trashing Ultron every time they met up. If Thor is as strong as Hulk, he should have easily taken care of Ultron. If Whedon completely looked over that, and just made Thor a lot weaker for whatever reason just to give Vision the spotlight, then Thor is ridiculously weak. His power levels are so inconsistent! And the hyped Vision vs Thor fight wasn't in the theatrical cut. I was looking forward to it...perhaps another oppurtinity to show Thor's power.

Well it kinda seemed like he was stalling for Vision to get surprise strike in

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthunder4: I think Thor was purposely tanking Ultron's punches (he only took a couple) so that Vision could smash him with Mjolnir. I thought about all of the action scenes involving Thor, and really he doesn't get legitimately hurt at all. He personally is never really in danger.

Besides his mega-strike of the floating island-asteroid was pretty damn cool to see.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phisigmatau

@godofthunder4: I think Thor was purposely tanking Ultron's punches (he only took a couple) so that Vision could smash him with Mjolnir. I thought about all of the action scenes involving Thor, and really he doesn't get legitimately hurt at all. He personally is never really in danger.

Besides his mega-strike of the floating island-asteroid was pretty damn cool to see.

yeah that was entirely amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was awesome. He didn't actually take any damage against Ultron, he tanked his punches and tanked having huge pieces of rock and rubble smashed against him.

I don't think he could have beaten ultron there, but tanking everything up until that point was cool

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dum529001

@cgoodness said:
    @godofthunder4 said:

Yeah, it really did seem like Thor was just taking hits in order to stall for the Visions surprise attack.

And Thor didn't take any damage from Ultron's hits.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Perhaps i will enjoy more the Blu Ray extend edition, for me Joss Whedon didn't made the best final theatrical Cut, Thor and his Visions sequences were affected by Whedon's cut, that visions set Ragnarok but they feel short for AAU, he still has great moments, and his humor delivery in every scene, but some more Valhallan Spirit was needed to his character in the Ultron fight sequence, i think that the humor that follow that sequence would still delivery, his relation with the Vision (Character) was great one of the best things in the movie for me, the really negative fact is that he didn't get rid of Jane yet and that gives me headaches for the Ragnarok...

I completely agree with you and i actually made a thread expressing my disappoint of the cutting of this fight, but hopeful as you say the blu ray release will have the full version (3.5 hours i heard) with more action from Thor and the rest aswell maybe another nod to the black panther. I just hope that thy release a full cut, not just the movie and then you can watch the deleted scenes separately. Also do you have any idea whether or not (if they do release the full cut) all of the additional footage counts in the MCU continuity and if all the special effects will be finished?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say that Final form Ultron did not seem as powerful as the Accursed.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

@ironthor1 said:
    @asgaard said:

I completely agree with you and i actually made a thread expressing my disappoint of the cutting of this fight, but hopeful as you say the blu ray release will have the full version (3.5 hours i heard) with more action from Thor and the rest aswell maybe another nod to the black panther. I just hope that thy release a full cut, not just the movie and then you can watch the deleted scenes separately. Also do you have any idea whether or not (if they do release the full cut) all of the additional footage counts in the MCU continuity and if all the special effects will be finished?

This was what i read... http://screencrush.com/avengers-2-dvd-blu-ray/ i believe that the Blu Ray edition will be extended and canon, but not more than 3 hours long, the article also mentioned an alternate ending, that if true i think will be some kind of extra, to not confuse the MCU continuity...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought Ultron becoming ultron happened to fast. There was no slow, step by step of it.

It just happened and the next thing you know ultron is fighting the avengers.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

Thought Ultron becoming ultron happened to fast. There was no slow, step by step of it.

It just happened and the next thing you know ultron is fighting the avengers.

I think and hope most of it was cut to say the least.

I want to add a theory. I was going to make a thread of it but I doubt it would get many responses. So there is no point and I want to get it off my chest.

My theory is Loki influenced Stark to build Ultron, through the scepter. Stark seemed kinda evil when he decided to make Ultron.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:
    @godofthunder4 said:

Yeah, it really did seem like Thor was just taking hits in order to stall for the Visions surprise attack.

And Thor didn't take any damage from Ultron's hits.

He was absolutely stalling, that bit about running out of things to say before Vision slammed Ultron with Mjolnir should have made it unquestionably obvious.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Have you seen AAU? Didn't you get the feeling that AAU plot reinforces Thor and Asgard importance in the MCU with the Infinity Stones plot around Thor? I think that scene will be extended in the Blu Ray edition but now and like we discussed in the other topic i fear that Ragnarok could be to much centered in the Infinity Stones...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About Thor's cave scene... Link (Whedon)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@antithetical: Have you seen AAU? Didn't you get the feeling that AAU plot reinforces Thor and Asgard importance in the MCU with the Infinity Stones plot around Thor? I think that scene will be extended in the Blu Ray edition but now and like we discussed in the other topic i fear that Ragnarok could be to much centered in the Infinity Stones...

Yeah Thor definitely looks to factor heavily in moving the MCU forward towards Infinity Wars. In which case Ragnarok will likely have more to do with Thanos than classic Norse mythology.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Interesting what Whedon had to say about the cave scene and Thor's dream sequence. The cave did seem tacked on, though I'm not certain if Whedon is saying that was a Marvel Studios decision to include it or if it was part of his original vision for the film. I did think Thor's dream came off as being incomplete and hope that we get a full 3 1/2 hour director's cut when the DVD is released in three weeks (lol! I kid, but I'm sure it will be available by fall if not the end of summer.)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Interesting what Whedon had to say about the cave scene and Thor's dream sequence. The cave did seem tacked on, though I'm not certain if Whedon is saying that was a Marvel Studios decision to include it or if it was part of his original vision for the film. I did think Thor's dream came off as being incomplete and hope that we get a full 3 1/2 hour director's cut when the DVD is released in three weeks (lol! I kid, but I'm sure it will be available by fall if not the end of summer.)

I agree, I think what Disney executives wanted was tease Thanos and Infinity Stones, the way was somehow secondary, obviously Thor was the only character where that sub plot could fit, well in AAU main plot context didn't work that well, like you said just feels incomplete...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heimdall said that thor would be the death of all of them so they are still probably going with the mythology Ragnarok story to some degree.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
    The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yeah, I agree. Ragnarok is probably going to feature Surtur, and the woman we saw in the trailer is probably going to be Hela and she'll probably play a big part as well. In fact the premise is probably going to center around Loki's "rule" and he'll probably try to conspire from within Asgard to bring it down and give Thanos the Tesseract. By the end of the film I hope to see Thor inherit the Odinforce.

On a side note has anyone noticed that Thor loves taking a nap after exerting himself too hard (Thor: TDW, Avenger 2)? Perhaps this is his Thorsleep? Maybe he needs to recharge his powers after overuse?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: I hope so, and I'm also curious as to if Loki actually killed Odin off screen or not. Not sure if we will see the odinforce though since MCU Odin hasn't really done anything powerful.

And when did he need rest in AoU? I don't remember

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
    The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Odin has physical flesh transmutation abilities, shown when he banishes Thor to Earth and gives him a human body. But yes other than that, and some blasts with Gungnir, he doesn't have any feats.

Thor collapsed into the water after destroying the sky city.

THORSON2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does THOR ever rest in TDW?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Odin has physical flesh transmutation abilities, shown when he banishes Thor to Earth and gives him a human body. But yes other than that, and some blasts with Gungnir, he doesn't have any feats.

Thor collapsed into the water after destroying the sky city.

He did, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was napping with the fishes. That is one thing I will say about AoU, some of the cuts between scenes were awkward and seemed rushed. I thought there may have been a bit more to Thor plunging into the water after destroying that huge chunk of rock, but nope, nothing... so was there a point to showing it? Seemed unnecessary to me.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I wouldnt say Thor matched strength with Hulk in the first film in the sense that he showed himself to be just as strong. In fact I think Hulk clearly showed himself to be the stronger. As for Ultron yes it looked like he had Thor on the back foot until the Vision did his thing (while Thor was clearly trying to distract him while Vision set up the shot I dont think that means Thor was throwing the fight up until then).

At any rate I thought Thor did well - he played a big part in Ultron's downfall as part of the "cross the beams" trio and generally did well - i cant think of any part where he looked bad or anything. Didnt like his whole vision quest thing as it seemed to be solely to set up future movies but I suppose it makes Thor look wise and stuff if thats your thing.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with AoU is that it focused way too much on setting up future films as opposed to focusing on the Ultron narrative. It's why Marvel's villains suck.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324: @haveatthee: @asgaard: Thor and Vision were supposed to fight in AOU ? Is that scene going to be included in the extended Blu-Ray edition ?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: From what I've read the Blu-Ray/DVD has already been announced but no details on what will be included. I know a lot of people are hoping for a full director's cut and not simply stuck in a deleted scenes menu.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: @antithetical: Thanks !!

The video could have referred to his short fight with Ultron though, but I do hope there´s a scene where Thor fights Vision, that would be amazing and I really want to see that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: @antithetical: Thanks !!

The video could have referred to his short fight with Ultron though, but I do hope there´s a scene where Thor fights Vision, that would be amazing and I really want to see that.

No Caption Provided

Link

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: That´s great then, I hope that scene is included in the Blu-Ray.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard: That´s great then, I hope that scene is included in the Blu-Ray.

Same here, I didn't consider what we saw on the screen to equal a "big fight scene", so hopefully it was cut for run time and we'll get to see it all eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that a lot of people are forgetting one important factor when it comes to Ultron confronting Thor...Ultron had the huge advantage of surprise. Thor was in the midst of fighting an entire group of drones on his own when Ultron Prime swooped in and took Thor by surprise. All of the fight from there was basically in favor of Ultron because he took Thor by surprise. I think the fight would have been A LOT more even if Thor was prepared.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By antithetical

I think that a lot of people are forgetting one important factor when it comes to Ultron confronting Thor...Ultron had the huge advantage of surprise. Thor was in the midst of fighting an entire group of drones on his own when Ultron Prime swooped in and took Thor by surprise. All of the fight from there was basically in favor of Ultron because he took Thor by surprise. I think the fight would have been A LOT more even if Thor was prepared.

I'm not really concerned about whether Ultron had the upper hand since in the end it was shown that Thor was bluffing to distract Ultron for Vision's attack. Seriously, if they had shown Thor at full power the movie would've been over before Ultron fled Stark Tower, lol!

Spaceboy987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in AoU

When he smashes the sky island, there's a huge explosion where he stands in the middle

Confirmed that Thor is durable as fuck and can survive nuke damage?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceboy987: Well there was a huge explosion he was standing in the middle of when he wrecked the bifrost in the first Thor movie and I don't recall anyone saying that was a nuclear blast. Thing is with the AoU feat there's a healthy debate about whether the city was destroyed by the core exploding or because of Thor's strike on the vibranium core (which was foreshadowed earlier in the movie when Thor struck Cap's shield and the force waves radiated outward, plus the core itself appeared to fall from the sky intact). Either way it's either a legitimate striking feat or one of durability.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the Thor vs vision fight

I don't think the fight between the was supposed to happen after Thor wakes him. i think that after him an ultron fought the vision was knocked out (that we know) but they never show him reboot. he could have rebooted with ultron in his head and fought Thor then. and eventually Thor hits him and re-calibrates him or vision gets control back.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Was that scene missing? I thought it was in his second vision in the cave.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.