Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor fans have been getting screwed over

• 66 results
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@spiderman1997: I don't know if I'd call that doing him justice as to me it looks like he was simply holding his own, though it does appear he might be more than just a bit player in the larger scheme of things.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Thors #2. And I can't be sure if he is really back since Thor died in a completely different outfit and also died worthy.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By antithetical
    @spiderman1997 said:

Does Aaron have a multiple personality disorder or something ?! First, Thor is no longer Thor because he lost his hammer. But now there is more to bring Thor than having a hammer. Regardless, it's nice to see him done justice for once since Hickman's New Avengers ended.

What issue is this? And so Thor is no longer dead?

If I'm to guess it's from Thors #2. And as far as 616 Thor being/not being dead, there's a variety of opinion on the matter.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I'm not talking about the fight. I'm talking about part where he says "There is more to being Thor than a hammer.".

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe they took Thor, warrior thunder god and turned him into a space cop smh,

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By antithetical

@antithetical: I'm not talking about the fight. I'm talking about part where he says "There is more to being Thor than a hammer.".

oh, since you point it out seems Aaron is definitely suffering from some sort of mental malaise, lol!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@antithetical: Yea like that completely contradicts his whole Thordis concept seeing as she IS Thor because she picked up the hammer that line makes no sense coming from Jason Aaron, this whole thing has just been annoying me since the start of Thor being unworthy he keeps going back and forth on his ridiculous writing. Hard to think how badly it's gone downhill since the days of the Gorr arc and OKT fighting Galactus.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997 said:

Does Aaron have a multiple personality disorder or something ?! First, Thor is no longer Thor because he lost his hammer. But now there is more to bring Thor than having a hammer. Regardless, it's nice to see him done justice for once since Hickman's New Avengers ended.

Yeah I agree, first he did a wonderful job with the god butcher/bomb story.... But then after that he completely screwed thor over. I mean come on, he lost his hammer, his first name, his arm then to top it off he dies.

What issue is this? And so Thor is no longer dead?

This is from battleword I presume, as he is fighting ultimate thor

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

nothing new marvel hates THOR. They hate a key character of the MU which is silly.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thorson: Yea it seems like they're putting all their efforts into disrespecting his whole history in the MU at the moment

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, now also in the live action (Ragnarok) because Jane and Dacy made The Dark World awsome, and we don't deserve a great Thor movie with Asgardian elements, saturated from the treatment that Thor gets from all Marvel, feels like they don't want (or don't know) how to keep the current fan base......

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Get use to it. She-Thor is going to be around for awhile.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Asgaard

@dernman said:

I have no intention to read any marvel comic in foreseeable future, even beyond Thordis... But i had my faith for the Ragnarok movie, but not with the Hulk, (doesn't fit)...I really can't see what Feige and team are trying to do in a movie that supposedly was about the "end of all things" & "twilight of the Gods"...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@asgaard said:
    @dernman said:

I have no intention to read any marvel comic in foreseeable future, even beyond Thordis... But i had my faith for the Ragnarok movie, but not with the Hulk, (doesn't fit)...I really can't see what Feige and team are trying to do in a movie that supposedly was about the "end of all things" & "twilight of the Gods"...

After the first two movies I don't have much faith for the third. Hulk in it by the way. I stopped buying the comic and wont continue until marvel starts getting their shit together.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I think you, I, @asgaard and everyone else is in for a long, painful wait, unfortunately...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been the Marvel formula for about a decade now. Tear everything down and slowly build it back up only to tear it down again. Think about how many times an incoming writer talks about "stripping ______ down to its barest elements" and telling a "down to Earth" story. It's the Bendis/Millar formula. Make everything dark, sarcastic and hip. Worry about characterization later and try not to focus on a character's superpowers because then it's harder to write a story around that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.