Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor and Superman ..new

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By sommyt

No arguments for us fanboys ..lets admit one thing thor and Superman are arguably the most powrrful characters in their universe ...

What do you thor fans like about superman and vice verca and what do u dislike about each character ..

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55

Their both awesome characters, 'Ive always considered Thor to be the Marvel equivalent to Superma and vice versa, in terms of powers placement. I could read both of these guys all day and never get bored.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By selinaky

Even though I prefer Thor, Superman is also one of my favourite characters. I like them both for mostly different reasons - they just both happen to be super powerful as well.

I think they'd be good allies.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

Love them both but I'm more of a superman fan cause my dad bought me my first comic when I was a kid and it was superman.

lanebad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lanebad6

I like both, but I prefer thor because I like norse mythology and because of the hammer. I have to love the hammer okay xD.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's basically impossible to compete with Superman's feats. That's what I hate lol.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sommyt

@jumpstart55: @Selinaky: @Z3RO180: @lanebad6: @Fernando072295REBORN:

I agree with all the commentsthat's y I wanted just to discuss what u like not always who is stronger and whoc can lift 10planets with a finger .however to appreciate both characters ...

@Fernando072295REBORN: well ur right think about it ..superman is suppose to be the pinnacle of superheroism... t

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sommyt: Yeah...but he's got Thor beat in almost everything except for energy projection. It pisses me off lol.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sommyt

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

@sommyt: Yeah...but he's got Thor beat in almost everything except for energy projection. It pisses me off lol.

well strength is a toss up but Thor's Durabilty > Superman

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By New_World_Order

Not really. Only speed & maybe strength.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sommyt

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Not really. Only speed & maybe strength.

this

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Asagod

I'm not a big Superman fan, but I think Superman should be a little bit more ruthless.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
    age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah true but for me Gladiator is better

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sommyt

@Asagod said:

I'm not a big Superman fan, but I think Superman should be a little bit more ruthless.

Understandable ..I feel like sometimes he should just get the job done

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sommyt: @ThunderGodsWrath: I refuse to argue for Superman's side lol. So, agreed.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sommyt

@sommyt: @ThunderGodsWrath: I refuse to argue for Superman's side lol. So, agreed.

lol now thats logic

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By New_World_Order

@sommyt said:

lol now thats logic

LOL

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I prefer Superman by a mile but I have always liked Thor

@Asagod said:

yea me too

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is more of a Shazam/Wonder Woman, He doesn't even get pushed enough to compete with Sups as an Icon, nor do any of Marvel's actual Paragons. In terms of Powers and Role, I think Hulk is more of Superman in non flight situations (raw stats), while Thor is more WW/Shazam. It is hard to really translate because Avengers have Hulk, Hyperion, Ms Marvel and Thor.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By marvel123

marvel has a couple characters that resemble superman,

Gladiator :(similar powers, his name is Kallark, same colors, upsidedown symbol)

Hyperion :similar origin and powers

sentry: similar powers, wears an s on his costume

however i don't really any one taking after thor, or even hulk over in dc .................closest character to thor is proly WW or Orion, and for hulk.... well, dc is trying make solomon grundy more hulk like but i just don't see it (maybe doomsday as well)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oceanmaster21

im more of a superman fan but i respect thor

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By GunGunW

Superman isn't the most powerful hero in DC nor is it even arguable. Characters like Manhunter and Captain Atom beat him by a lot. Surfer also beats Thor by quite a bit.

Also, I understand, but as stated above and I whole-heartily agree with, Thor is more like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. He's a warrior. He's neither mortal nor does he understand us mortals. The only Marvel equivalent I see to Superman would be Captain America.

I remember my friend once saying that Superman is not only more famous than the Marvel version of Thor, but is probably more famous than the mythological one. It's a good possibility.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

Here we go! How long before Mjolnir drops?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By evilvegeta74

@GunGunW said:

Superman isn't the most powerful hero in DC nor is it even arguable. Characters like Manhunter and Captain Atom beat him by a lot. Surfer also beats Thor by quite a bit.

Also, I understand, but as stated above and I whole-heartily agree with, Thor is more like Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. He's a warrior. He's neither mortal nor does he understand us mortals. The only Marvel equivalent I see to Superman would be Captain America.

I remember my friend once saying that Superman is not only more famous than the Marvel version of Thor, but is probably more famous than the mythological one. It's a good possibility.

You're wrong on so many levels but I don't have time to tell you why. But I will!!! Go do a little research about Thor first and foremost, then research the other characters . Then go back and do it again and correct yourself, or don't someone will! Just a little friendly advice for now. I will be back to talk to you about Thor though!

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By GunGunW

@evilvegeta74 said:

@GunGunW said:

You're wrong on so many levels but I don't have time to tell you why. But I will!!! Go do a little research about Thor first and foremost, then research the other characters . Then go back and do it again and correct yourself, or don't someone will! Just a little friendly advice for now. I will be back to talk to you about Thor though!

Aren't you the guy who told me Superman could only lift 500 tons?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By evilvegeta74

@GunGunW said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@GunGunW said:

You have me confused, I'm the guy who's gonna tell you about Thor, for starters, have a look here http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/thor-experts-how-many-enemies-has-thor-killed/92-737472/ and http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/616-thor-vs-ultimate-thor/736465/ I'll talk to you once you visit these places!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

My favorite thing about Thor is that he knows who to pray to in his hour of need.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

*runs away*

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LastOblivion

@CitizenBane: HAHAHA LMAO

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sommyt

@GunGunW said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@GunGunW said:

lol now that stupidity lol

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sommyt

@CitizenBane said:

My favorite thing about Thor is that he knows who to pray to in his hour of need.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

*runs away*

hahaha u disrespect my boy lmao

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By SoA

Superman has a great assortment of abilities

Superman has a pretty cool origin

Superman is the granddaddy of all superheroes

Superman is universally iconic , there is no one on the planet who does not know who superman is .

Thor is a viking god - very metal

Thor has arguably the most powerful weapon in marvel

Thor existing gave us fans characters like Beta Ray Bill , Absorbing Man and the wrecking crew

Dislikes:

Supes has the worst secret identity

waaay too powerful , its just hard to find an opponent for him lol

even though i am a fan of some , Supes has a lot of imitators.

Thor, for all his power gets knocked around like a narcoleptic on a newly waxed floor .

Thor is blonde instead of a red headed barbarian warrior.

Thor should speak with a scandinavian accent as he was their god of thunder , not of Shakespeare.

he has his once -in-a-while abilities and is 90% reliant on mjolnir even though he does not have donald blake to shrink back to if he doesn't have it on him .

again with his supposed power got a chance to kill a very powerful entity (void) by having sentry give himself to Thor , no crazy fight scenes of powerful god-like beings smashing up a city just " you can hit me, i'll stand real still, Don't miss! " not to mention an earlier upsetting battle that i will not get into .

call it bad writing , pis , w/e all i gotta say is where is after stating my case where is your (thunder)God now?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By AllStarSuperman

said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

*runs away*

Thats awesome!

rondoudou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rondoudou

where did u get that scan?

rondoudou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rondoudou

@GunGunW said:

i not really im pretty sure thor is about the same strength as thor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.