Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

THOR #4...PREVIEW

• 79 results
    Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

Thor better not lose to her even without his hammer. I believe he still has the power cosmic.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Yes he does he better not lose , and even without the PC Thor is still better in hand to hand ..that is a fact

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Sif just commit treason , her loyalties should be to the crown nothing else ...She act as if she is ruler and not the man in front of her

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By asgardianweapon
    reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor better not lose to her even without his hammer. I believe he still has the power cosmic.

Now you outta know better than that...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
    deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has the Odinforce :o

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: She must be punished , i love her but that's undermining her king ..Odin would have let her know the pecking order ..

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor better not lose...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator

@reactor said:
    @takenstew22 said:

I haven't been reading this series.

SentryVoid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again, another female character has turned into an uppity feminist trop3. Time for Thor to get Puassy Owned.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:
    @takenstew22 said:

I haven't been reading this series.

I was just being facetious. For better or worse, sardonicism comes naturally to me.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.I love how people are bringing up Odin force and power cosmic like thor need it to slap sif back to the kitchen,is this a hint that thor is now a mid tier? Heimdal powers or not she isn't beating a base thor

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Moderator

Lol.I love how people are bringing up Odin force and power cosmic like thor need it to slap sif back to the kitchen

We know Thor can slap her without those, it's just that since he has all those amps it will be very stupid if he struggled with her or even lost.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434 said:

Lol.I love how people are bringing up Odin force and power cosmic like thor need it to slap sif back to the kitchen

We know Thor can slap her without those, it's just that since he has all those amps it will be very stupid if he struggled with her or even lost.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
    Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man please don't let thor job...

Prepare to be disappointed

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:
    @dami24434 said:

Honestly think the fight's gonna get interrupted somehow

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: He SHOULD be able to call it back to him, I mean the thing traveled across the nine realms like 4 issues ago

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest said:
    @takenstew22 said:
    @dami24434 said:

Honestly think the fight's gonna get interrupted somehow

i think the black winter will show up in this issue

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind Sif intervening in the fight as she cares for both, but the attitude with which she does is a bit juvenile. Would've been one thing to say something along the lines of "My King, I have abandoned my post in hopes to quell this needless conflict between you and Bill" in an appeal to reason. Then again, it is a preview.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cripes, they are trying too hard to make Sif look badass but she instead comes off as a complete jackass. Pretty sure she is commiting treason to boot.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Cripes, they are trying too hard to make Sif look badass but she instead comes off as a complete jackass. Pretty sure she is commiting treason to boot.

A lot of writers assume that a woman with testosterone-filled-male-bravado qualities makes for a good female character. It doesn't.

Sif is acting very much how a brash, air-headed Viking, which is not the characteristica befitting the guardian of the Bifrost.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Asgaard

Sure that this could go terribly wrong, but i don't see any problem yet... The problem is more in some of your posts (not losing time with those), because after read them all, i had to question myself if some of you really don't have a problem with some female characters, i wonder if it was some of you that gave munition to Aaron's so that he could hide his trashy writing, with the misogyny accusations...

@haveatthee said:

I don't mind Sif intervening in the fight as she cares for both, but the attitude with which she does is a bit juvenile. Would've been one thing to say something along the lines of "My King, I have abandoned my post in hopes to quell this needless conflict between you and Bill" in an appeal to reason. Then again, it is a preview.

I agree, but Cates may be actually acknowledging continuity (who could see that coming lol), and Aaron did portray Sif, when Thor was looking for who was female Thor in the lines that she was terribly frustrated with Thor, because he left her or something like that, you know when writers don't differentiate what can frustrate a mortal from what can frustrate a God.

Obviously that pick Aaron's continuity is never a good sign, but Cates actually picked some of Aaron's continuity to.... Undone it, so.... Its the logic thing to do here...

@theacidskull said:
    A lot of writers assume that a woman with testosterone-filled-male-bravado qualities makes for a good female character. It doesn't.

I agree.

Sif is acting very much how a brash, air-headed Viking, which is not the characteristica befitting the guardian of the Bifrost.

Disagree.

A lot of writers assume that when women are in a position that was previous from a male character, they should behave exactly like them, when they shouldn't, and Sif always was more emotional than her brother.

Here is what i already said about this subject some days ago.

I don't have (yet) a firm opinion in how i feel about Sif replacing Heimdall's* in his role, but one thing i am certain, for this to work she has to behave differently, even if she is fully committed with her new role, on character Sif should be way less cerebral, and a lot more involved than Heimdall ever was, she even should "argue" with Thor even if he is King, and in all that process make mistakes that will make her evolve as a character, you know the usual map for the great characters road...

* Not even know what happened to Heimdall.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, Thor acts more dumb than Sif tbh.

I guess it comes with being a king, especially since Aaron turned Odin into a biggest tyrant ever so it's natural that Cates follows that.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Oh yeah, absolutely. That's not good writing -- it just comes off as brash and cringy.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 morpheus_  Moderator

@brucerogers: Sif and Bill were lovers, and while she also has history with Thor, I could see why she would jump in to prevent Thor from injuring him further in an uneven fight.

If challenging the lord of Asgard and their decisions is treason then Thor himself has been wildly treasonous through the years, haha.

Cates also seems to play on Thor's insecurities regarding his leadership and capability to be King of Asgard, so people doubting the clarity of his judgment is unsurprising - if anything, my objection would be that Thor has been king at least four times already, it's needless for him to undergo the same struggles again.

SentryVoid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Sif hooking up with Bill a recent addition to Marvel lore? Sounds disturbing.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Yeah that's true. And lol, fair enough about Thor. But he was never such an ass about it. But of course, this was back when Odin was Odin and not this weird creature post 2014.

I too am sick of Thor sitting on the throne. Like just give it up already and go kick some ass like a warrior. Leave the ruling to Balder or even Freyja.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I mean he SHOULD be past that by now. There could be more at play here, like maybe he doesn't want to be king. There's also the fact thaf Mjolnir's getting heavier. I have enough faith in cates to think all will be explained in time

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 takenstew22  Moderator

Is Sif hooking up with Bill a recent addition to Marvel lore? Sounds disturbing.

She had an interest in him all the way back to Walter Simmonson's run.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@asgaard: I don't disagree that Sif should give Thor sh*t when he's being an ass, but my impression of this scene is that Sif is kind of getting a kick out of this, which, honestly, why?

Thor is trying to save the world, and while I understand Sif would have misgivings about the how, but her attitude here is definitely brash(er than it has to be) and it doesn't seem like she's here to resolve anything. She just showed up to tell Thor off.

I'm just tired of Thor constantly being humbled - I thought that was the point of Aaron's run and Jane Foster taking up the mantle. Ofc the issue isn't out yet, so we'll see. I'm just ready for the Thor-Squad to kick ass again and be on the same page as friends and warriors instead of constantly yelling at each other.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just find Sif asking Bill what day it is and Bill answering Monday a little laughable. He lives in space, why would he bother with Earth's calendar.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

There is an extreme abuse in how easily comic book characters fight each other...... For reasons....... And some lack of imagination from writers to introduce them in different circumstances, but in this specific case with Sif being completely sidelined by Aaron, i can understand some of Cates decisions, after several years of NOT Thor stories, i have to give the benefit of the doubt to a writer that picks a VERY cosmic narrative, undone Aaron's stuff right in the first issue, and like myself can see in Walt Simonson take a great mold to follow, even in terms of character importance, at least for now it feels like that.... Yet there is potential that i am completely wrong...

That said if this was not after Aaron's take, i think we all would react differently to the panels above...

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@lazarus4tempest said:

@alphamon: Sif just commit treason , her loyalties should be to the crown nothing else ...She act as if she is ruler and not the man in front of her

@brucerogers said:

thank you for seeing the bigger picture..Sif is not the ruler of Asgard , i love her but she is out of line and should be punished (a little hard i know) .Her personal feeling is irrelevant , i'm sure she know of whats at risk...THE MULIVERSE ! what a jackass she has become

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Sif and Bill were lovers, and while she also has history with Thor, I could see why she would jump in to prevent Thor from injuring him further in an uneven fight.

If challenging the lord of Asgard and their decisions is treason then Thor himself has been wildly treasonous through the years, haha.

Cates also seems to play on Thor's insecurities regarding his leadership and capability to be King of Asgard, so people doubting the clarity of his judgment is unsurprising - if anything, my objection would be that Thor has been king at least four times already, it's needless for him to undergo the same struggles again.

Sif is the gate keeper not the monarch of Asgard.. Thor is , whether or not it was an uneven fight it was not her place to interfere , her feelings for Bill is not a factor here the Multiverse is.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

I just find Sif asking Bill what day it is and Bill answering Monday a little laughable. He lives in space, why would he bother with Earth's calendar.

I could make the argument that since the English language days of the week come from the Norse Mythology, the heavily connected to Asgard Beta Ray Bill could be familiarized with how the days are perceived on Midgard.

But for that argument actually have some solid validity, Cates should have Bill saying, its not Thursday... Aka its not Thor's(day).

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Days are based on the rotation of Earth, Bill lives in space. Unless he's carrying around a watch and calendar it doesn't matter if he knows day names, he'd just lose track.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@asgaard: Days are based on the rotation of Earth, Bill lives in space. Unless he's carrying around a watch and calendar it doesn't matter if he knows day names, he'd just lose track.

Don't you think that Skuttlebutt & Korbinite technology in general has easily all that info?

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: All-speak too

Well i don´t get why people are so mad about that: She is prob not going to win,Thor would be holding back like no tomorrow, Sif has got heimdall powers plus (if cates remembers it) the warrior madness incantation or idk

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: All-speak too

Well i don´t get why people are so mad about that: She is prob not going to win,Thor would be holding back like no tomorrow, Sif has got heimdall powers plus (if cates remembers it) the warrior madness incantation or idk

while the it is impressive , it won't do much

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: that´s my point to be honest. It will just show how far beyond the normal asgardian Thor is

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Thor turned off the power of cosmic when fighting Bill. So he does not have the power of cosmic in this moment. Its why Bill stood his ground briefly.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point i am just uninterested in the characterization Cates is doing, the characters act all over the place for me, everyone acts like an asshole all of a sudden, so i am at least hoping we get some cool fights/action and feats from this run, cause everything else is just meh...

@sy8000 said:

I think that was a joke to the reader... like you know "it's the case of the Mondays", usually refers to the worst day for people since the working week starts then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.