Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor (2018) Comic Run Discussion Thread

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thor321: All she did was throw it to him. I dont call that much help really.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR #10

JASON AARON (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A/C)

SKRULLS VARIANT COVER by TBA

ALL-FATHER ODIN, FATHER OF RUIN! ROAD TO THE WAR OF THE REALMS!

For months, the realms have burned with the flames of Malekith’s war, while Almighty Odin did nothing. Now Asgardia is lost in the sun, the Rainbow Bridge is shattered and the All-Father sits alone in the empty ruins of Old Asgard, drunk on mead and despair. If Odin is going to save what’s left of the realms, he’ll have to undertake the most difficult labor of his very long life. Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.

No Caption Provided

adios, Odin.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well uh sounds like we might get a decent Odin by the end of the issue

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@kevd4wg: it's Aaron wait until you saw that first

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Thor-Parker

Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.

Also, what the fck with this description ? Odin has always been a GREAT father to Thor, always looking to prepare him for the task of being the All-Father and looking for his best interests, it's only post-resurrection that he became a shitty father and it only got worse when Aaron took over, I genuinely hope there is a huge retcon and that the Odin that came back in 2011 was an impostor and not the real deal.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: who knows ? I thank to god every day that I don't have parents issues

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thor_parker82: QFT, the Odin written by Stan Lee, Walter Simonson, Dan Jurgens to name a few was an inspirational father figure for Thor. Thor always admired and respected Odin even when he disagreed with him. Post resurrection Odin is a travesty on the wise and complex father figure he was Pre resurrection.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: @kevd4wg: @supermanthor: I genuinely think that Jason Aaron has father issues and is projecting his problems onto Odin.

yeah, definitely a possibility.

@lvenger said:

@thor_parker82: QFT, the Odin written by Stan Lee, Walter Simonson, Dan Jurgens to name a few was an inspirational father figure for Thor. Thor always admired and respected Odin even when he disagreed with him. Post resurrection Odin is a travesty on the wise and complex father figure he was Pre resurrection.

yep, perfectly said.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not by being the omnipotent All-Father, but by finally being just a father to the mighty Thor.

Also, what the fck with this description ? Odin has always been a GREAT father to Thor, always looking to prepare him for the task of being the All-Father and looking for his best interests, it's only post-resurrection that he became a shitty father and it only got worse when Aaron took over, I genuinely hope there is a huge retcon and that the Odin that came back in 2011 was an impostor and not the real deal.

Even when they had done stories in the past where Odin made a mistake or Thor thought he did something wrong, he always did it with the best intent trying to help either his people or Thor himself. I feel like Aaron has taken some of the interpretation of a misguided warrior king who loved his son into this monstrosity

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@supermanthor: Probably Stan Lee or Walter Simonson. Stan's Odin was grandiose and when he spoke about protecting the Realm Eternal or talked philosophy, the reader is pulled in to Odin's dialogue. As for Simonson, Odin's stand against Surtur both alone and with his sons is worth the vote alone. Plus he actually cared about his son when he saw Beta Ray Bill with Mjolnir and thought Thor had been harmed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: @lvenger: @kevd4wg: guys in your opinion who wrote odin best ?

Dan Jurgens and Walter Simonson

@lvenger said:

Exactly man.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I'd say Simonson with Jurgens as a close second. I'm not a huge fan of Lee's Thor writing, but his Odin was pretty good as well. Jurgens's Odin really contrasts with Aaron's because Jurgen's odin had made mistakes, yet they still portrayed him in a positive light. Like Lvenger said he was a very complex character.

Hopefully Remender writes Thor as the Odin he wrote for like 2 pages was perfect.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@supermanthor: I'd say Simonson with Jurgens as a close second. I'm not a huge fan of Lee's Thor writing, but his Odin was pretty good as well. Jurgens's Odin really contrasts with Aaron's because Jurgen's odin had made mistakes, yet they still portrayed him in a positive light. Like Lvenger said he was a very complex character.

Hopefully Remender writes Thor as the Odin he wrote for like 2 pages was perfect.

Remender will write Thor in the future ?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender is out of Marvel for good from what is known, so...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Remender is out of Marvel for good from what is known, so...

Why ? I heard something like that a while back but never really knew the reason.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

No one does since they never went public with that. Funny how Marvel keeps doing that. Fraction, then Remender. Brubaker and Hickman don't seem to be interested in getting back too. Something is off behind the scene and it's showing as we see the condition of their product was never that bad IMO..

Anyway, the rumor was he felt screwed over over the Axis event and it escalated with editorial which ended with him out.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@thor_parker82:

No one does since they never went public with that. Funny how Marvel keeps doing that. Fraction, then Remender. Brubaker and Hickman don't seem to be interested in getting back too. Something is off behind the scene and it's showing as we see the condition of their product was never that bad IMO..

Anyway, the rumor was he felt screwed over over the Axis event and it escalated with editorial which ended with him out.

Damn, that was the best talent they had, major mistake letting them go.

Makes sense, AXIS was fine, but you could tell there was a lot of editorial involvement that Remender wouldn't have done if it was up to him, some things felt very forced and rushed, and if we had learned anything from Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers both by Rick Remender, is that he doesn't do rushed, he takes his time to tell his story and it always pays off, one of my favorite writers.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By adamTRMM

@thor_parker82:

Axis was garbage with art that looked rushed and whole thing was but a seasonal filler that didn't fit into the overall direction of Marvel those days (it was about preparations to Secret Wars) and something in between is what most likely catalyzed the fall down the way I can see that. Maybe he was promised the major gig? Maybe he didn't even want this event but it was forced on him due to the aforementioned seasonal rules? Can't say for sure, but I'd look into this direction if I had to guess.

I don't really think of him all that highly as a writer. He has some nice concepts and his story structure is really on point, but his dialogue and characterizations are abysmal lots of times. I also don't think he gets symbolism well. Another observation, he does inspire his artists though, they are always on fire with him heh

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@thor_parker82:

Axis was garbage with art that looked rushed and whole thing was but a seasonal filler that didn't fit into the overall direction of Marvel those days (it was about preparations to Secret Wars) and something in between is what most likely catalyzed the fall down the way I can see that. Maybe he was promised the major gig? Maybe he didn't even want this event but it was forced on him due to the aforementioned seasonal rules? Can't say for sure, but I'd look into this direction if I had to guess.

I don't really think of him all that highly as a writer. He has some nice concepts and his story structure is really on point, but his dialogue and characterizations are abysmal lots of times. I also don't think he gets symbolism well. Another observation, he does inspire his artists though, they are always on fire with him heh

I'll have to heavily disagree on a lot of those points.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

First line was a joke, then confirmation of it in one word in the next, and then just "to each their own man" which was all it was about.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@thor_parker82:

First line was a joke, then confirmation of it in one word in the next, and then just "to each their own man" which was all it was about.

Lol ok, sorry bro, didn't get the joke :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He must be doing this just to spite Thor fans, that is ridiculous.

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Is there any way that comic fans can collectively organise themselves and contact marvel to fire Aaron or something...

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i always say vote with ur wallet

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplek said:

@thor_parker82: Is there any way that comic fans can collectively organise themselves and contact marvel to fire Aaron or something...

If there is, sign me in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another destructive week.

where to start first...

Asgardians of the Galaxy - rekt

No Caption Provided

Avengers #11 - Thor admits that She-Hulk can tear him apart

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
    deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So nobody read AOG ? It was quite a good issue .

DeadpoolUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Agreed with the general consensus, the present day Thor story was cringy nonsense and the Old King Thor backup was the most interesting thing. Aaron needs to step down as Thor writer, he’s long overstayed his welcome. Maybe the next writer will ignore or retcon all the damage he’s done to Thor.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm honestly still shocked that Aaron has been allowed to exclusively write Thor for this long hasn't it been like 4 years or something now and we haven't had a single change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor #8 preview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor #8 is out.

welp, I can't complain for this chapter.

Thor is actually smart, Thori is the best dog, Thor smiting Angels was pretty epic and the moments between Thor and Angela were nice.

I like Angela's answer to Thor, about him being worthy.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Same i thought it was decent. I like how thors will is what powers the hammer to return from the black hole, not the hammer itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9
    deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: Also loved how they mentioned Thor's healing ability. And when Thor took on the angels, Angela mentioning that Thor was legit serious was pretty cool as well.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Thor saying that She hulk can tear her apart. Do you think he is being sarcastic? because i know for fact that Thor has fought gods in a star with ease. He is being Sarcastic to make her happy.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: I see some guys on YouTube complaining about this issue that Thor is weak and all that because he got beaten by Angels in the first panel. I'm gonna reply them later but in my opinion, i think this issue focus of Thor's challenge, Thor's Indomitable will to fight back. Meanwhile, he had a plan. He still smite those Angels at the end of the day. Most of those people in the comment section haven't even read the comic, they just followed one guy who said something about thor and the crowd followed along. LMAO!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: yeah, a good one at last.

@medulaoblaganda: possibly but that was supposed to be a really serious moment.

Besides, considering that Thor is heavily underpowered for years now, it might be true.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By medulaoblaganda

@thor321: He is gonna get back to his fit in war of the realm. That's just what i feel though. Was this not the same Thor that was beaten by the Angels in one of thor's comic 2015? Now, look at him soloing those Angels with ease and trapping them in their prison forever by hurling his hammer forward. He basically fastened the entire prison ship and sent it flying. That's an insane feat though. Do you have any idea how huge that prison is? The prison is the size of a freaking planet. Damn!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Who is writing war of the realms?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.