Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor (2018) Comic Run Discussion Thread

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That last page would have been gold if not for the mention of hammers, he doesn't need a freaking hammer to beat Frost Giants.

It's like Aaron heard that quote from Ragnarok about "god of hammers" and made it his mission to portray him as just that.

plus, a gold medal for Sif casually saying that Odin is an idiot.

it seems to me Aaron forgot how much Asgardians respected him before.

fucking hell, if you touched Odin before, every Asgardian wanted to gut whoever touched him in any way.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Aaron has ignored continuity throughout his whole run and even changed it to suit his mediocre story, so no surprise there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: that’s only temporary but you already know she’s going to become the new Valkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: don't care.

she is a bitch.

and yeah, don't remind me.

it's all but confirmed at this point.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: wtf!? All mother?! she aint even asgardian/god. damn aaron try pushing jane too much.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: That was painful to read, all-mother my ass.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thor321: All hail the All-Mother does she have the Jane-Force ?

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Jane an All-Mother before Thor is the All-Father? lmao Jesus Aaron.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i vote with my wallet
    no way amm i paying for this garbage

Avatar image for theriogodofrage
    TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently not only does Foster become Valkyrie, but she gets her own wings (so Pegasus' are pointless), but she gets her own flaming chain weapon thing? I have no idea why Aaron has such a godsdamn hard on for Jane Foster, but I'll bet money that shells suddenly be "the greatest Valkyrie who ever lived" just like she's supposedly "the greatest wielder of Mjolnir". I'm glad Jason Aaron is off of Thor after WotR.

uprise951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS AHEAD

Odin isnt dead and brings an army of valkyries but he got a oneshot knockout from Laufey.

Frejya is seeningly buffed to fight evenly with Sindr and Queen of Angels

Wolverine and Punisher kill Dark Elves like nothing

Flagship of feminism Jane Foster keeps on cutting angels

Captain america oneshot kills a frost giant by flying at it

Malekith beheads Bruhndille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS AHEAD

Odin isnt dead and brings an army of valkyries but he got a oneshot knockout from Laufey.

Frejya is seeningly buffed to fight evenly with Sindr and Queen of Angels

Wolverine and Punisher kill Dark Elves like nothing

Flagship of feminism Jane Foster keeps on cutting angels

Captain america oneshot kills a frost giant by flying at it

Malekith beheads Bruhndille

garbage.

uprise951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: right? I expect thor to lose his prosthetic arm again in 3rd issue.

Meanwhile I have been taking a look at desc of part 6, Jane Foster might die at the and of series, as it says that Thor must sacrifice something important for him, could be his eye too but idk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also, why is Freyja so important all of a sudden???

no one gave any level of a fuck before. she was just a one night sex for Odin which accidentally resulted in birth of Balder during JMS run.

why is she suddenly the All Mother??? why the fuck is she so respected even though no one gave any level of a fuck before???

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By Spambot

@thor321 said:

no one gave any level of a fuck before. she was just a one night sex for Odin which accidentally resulted in birth of Balder during JMS run.

why is she suddenly the All Mother??? why the fuck is she so respected even though no one gave any level of a fuck before???

She was made part of some kind of triumvirate all mother nonsense during Fraction's run. It was her, Idunn I think and Gaea(which made so sense whatsoever). I don't even know what is currently going on with that but its something that's been around for like 6-7 years which is way too long. They've completely destroyed the Asgardian mythos. Girl power though amirite?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
    @thor321 said:

She was made part of some kind of triumvirate all mother nonsense during Fraction's run. It was her, Idunn I think and Gaea(which made so sense whatsoever). I don't even know what is currently going on with that but its something that's been around for like 6-7 years which is way too long. They've completely destroyed the Asgardian mythos. Girl power though amirite?

yeah, that was so idiotic asf.

Fraction and Aaron fucked up a lot of lore.

I have a feeling Aaron is insecure and his girlfriend is the big spoon which translates here unfortunately.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad Hickman couldn't succeed Aaron on Thor. I'd love to see him tackle the Asgardian mythos, as I think he would do it justice.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just re-watched the first Thor movie, it's pretty good, much better than I remember.

And damn was Odin good in it, wise king and good father, as he should be.

Also, I didn't know Strazcynski was behind the story.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just re-watched the first Thor movie, it's pretty good, much better than I remember.

I also rewatched it recently, Thor and Odin are great no doubt, but i would say the movie had too many slow moments for my taste.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently not only does Foster become Valkyrie, but she gets her own wings (so Pegasus' are pointless), but she gets her own flaming chain weapon thing? I have no idea why Aaron has such a godsdamn hard on for Jane Foster, but I'll bet money that shells suddenly be "the greatest Valkyrie who ever lived" just like she's supposedly "the greatest wielder of Mjolnir". I'm glad Jason Aaron is off of Thor after WotR.

Unfortunately, with this project, he'll still be able to do damage, even if not directly.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

I also rewatched it recently, Thor and Odin are great no doubt, but i would say the movie had too many slow moments for my taste.

Yeah, the New Mexico beats were slow, but overall the movie was much better than I remember.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Yeah, the New Mexico beats were slow, but overall the movie was much better than I remember.

My take as well, think the New Mexico setting detracted from the film, among other things, but location may have been a result of budgetary considerations. Anyway, I usually watch it about once a year and often wonder why so many people rank it as one of the worst MCU entries.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Indeed, I found it a strong tale, definitely on the better half of the MCU entries IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theriogodofrage said:

Unfortunately, with this project, he'll still be able to do damage, even if not directly.

expect retcons... heavy ones.

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By TheGodblast

As long as the word Thor stays away from the greatest mortal and god of all time Ms. Foster, i'm fine.

All this crap makes you wonder is this really Jason Aaron and not Loki possessing him?

From writing God of Thunder to Trash and Blunder!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone please bring back Stan Lee. Only he could bring back the character Thor was originally, now.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By titing2101
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. So what was the reason Freya abdicated her responsibilities anyway? I mean, that's something that makes no sense, like she's just giving up on her people because she thinks Jane can do a better job? Why, because she was the "greatest substitute Thor of all time"? There's very little I've seen, including the Jane Thor run which gives the impression all of Asgard would enthusiastically rally behind her as their newly anointed leader. Again I was hoping this event would be worthwhile, but just looking over scans of ONLY the first two War of the Realms books left me thinking this is complete garbage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. So what was the reason Freya abdicated her responsibilities anyway? I mean, that's something that makes no sense, like she's just giving up on her people because she thinks Jane can do a better job? Why, because she was the "greatest substitute Thor of all time"? There's very little I've seen, including the Jane Thor run which gives the impression all of Asgard would enthusiastically rally behind her as their newly anointed leader. Again I was hoping this event would be worthwhile, but just looking over scans of ONLY the first two War of the Realms books left me thinking this is complete garbage.

no idea.

to name a mortal All Mother instead of Sif is bullshit on many levels.

we should appreciate how Jane went from being a dying woman to Thor, from Thor to All Mother and from All Mother to Valkyrie.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:

no idea.

we should appreciate how Jane went from being a dying woman to Thor, from Thor to All Mother and from All Mother to Valkyrie.

Oh being a god is really easy now. just use the weapon of the gods and youre one now. like DD the god without fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:

no idea.

Oh being a god is really easy now. just use the weapon of the gods and youre one now. like DD the god without fear

yeah wtf was that!?

Whosoever holds this sword, if he be blind, shall possess the power of Heimdall

I guess Asgardians Godhooh is connected to their weapons now.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @titing2101 said:
    @thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:

no idea.

yeah wtf was that!?

Hmm thinking about it, Back in god butcher this was implied by volstagg to gorr. The necro sword a weapon of a god, made gorr a mortal into somewhat a god. Pretty sure this was his thinking way before this stupid DD sh*t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @titing2101 said:
    @thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:

no idea.

yeah wtf was that!?

Wait, where did that happen ? His sword actually said that ? Ridiculous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @titing2101 said:
    @thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:

no idea.

yeah wtf was that!?

Wait, where did that happen ? His sword actually said that ? Ridiculous

nah I made that up xd

but DD gains the power of Heimdall by taking his sword so I made a joke out of it.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That preview link isn't working for me, but did see in War Of The Realms 2 where Freya declares Jane Allmother, honestly wtf is Aaron thinking? This level of writing makes me wish Jane were still standing in for Thor, because what he's doing now makes little sense even as fan fiction.

Jane is just an extension of Aaron's wounded ego now.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:
    @theriogodofrage said:

I suspect this Jane Valkyrie title to either be a limited miniseries or likely not make it past 5-7 issues, 10 tops, before being cancelled. So far, nothing I've seen in the few teaser articles make this look worthwhile. About the only way I'd have the least bit of interest is if it turns out Annabelle Riggs switched places the moment Malekith delivered the killing blow in WotR 2, trapping Brunnhilde in Valhalla, and with no physical body to return to, or other Valkyries to assist her (due to them all being dead... though oddly enough Hildegard is still kicking, so far), Jane is enlisted to retrieve Brunnhilde and restore her to her proper place as the chooser of the slain. Of course, at the same time, killing Brunnhilde solves Marvel's "Valkyrie problem", and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this book keeps "Val" dead, Jane is tasked with assembling a new Valkyior and the Exiles (MCU) Valkyrie is moved into the main continuity.

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodblast:
    lol idk i just quoted someone who posted it first
    google say its fake

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Ahh thanks.

At first i was like woah! Mr. Obama did this!

More interesting that everything Aaron dished out post GoT.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:
    @antithetical said:
    @theriogodofrage said:

I suspect this Jane Valkyrie title to either be a limited miniseries or likely not make it past 5-7 issues, 10 tops, before being cancelled. So far, nothing I've seen in the few teaser articles make this look worthwhile. About the only way I'd have the least bit of interest is if it turns out Annabelle Riggs switched places the moment Malekith delivered the killing blow in WotR 2, trapping Brunnhilde in Valhalla, and with no physical body to return to, or other Valkyries to assist her (due to them all being dead... though oddly enough Hildegard is still kicking, so far), Jane is enlisted to retrieve Brunnhilde and restore her to her proper place as the chooser of the slain. Of course, at the same time, killing Brunnhilde solves Marvel's "Valkyrie problem", and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this book keeps "Val" dead, Jane is tasked with assembling a new Valkyior and the Exiles (MCU) Valkyrie is moved into the main continuity.

well Jane has a pretty big fan base, believe it or not.

it probably won't be a mini.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.