Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

The REAL Thors coming back (spoilers)

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Marvel are having ANOTHER reboot and this is the cover of the first issue, it appears that Thor has a new/modified arm as well as new golden hammer? Thoughts? How do you think this comes to be? Do you think Thor will gain a power boost? He deserves one after all that Jane crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The golden hammer is in all honest an amp,though I doubt it would turn out as an upgrade.

This avengers roster would be facing the 5th celestial host it seems

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone even read Marvel comics anymore... golden arm Thor with a golden hammer... that's then best they got jeez

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure it'll end up being the antithesis to the necrosword

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: Marvel has the highest share in the comic sales. They are currently the most popular, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully he gets the upgrade

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

That is my thinking as well.

imo, it's not the worst it could be, the real problem for me is that it makes Mjolnir less special

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: the moment that piece of crap Jane Foster touched Mjolnir he became worthless.....

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
    @asgardianbrony said:
    @kevd4wg said:

That is my thinking as well.

imo, it's not the worst it could be, the real problem for me is that it makes Mjolnir less special

what do you mean by this? are you saying it would be as powerful as the necrosword?

also they want him to be building/obtaining a new hammer (to stay aligned with infinity war i guess)

im pretty sure mjolnir will be destroyed in order to take mangog out. or mangog will destroy it along with jane and then thor will need the golden hammer to take mangog out.

so the original mjolnir will probably be gone. maybe permanently. it doesn't really matter imo, it's been around long enough. if he gets a comparable or better hammer i don't see the issue

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Asgaard

Why is everyone assuming that is a new hammer? Why would it be? Looks exactly like Mjolnir in a different color (looks awful by the way), that also happens to be the new color of his metal arm that also is made of uru...

Either way... Aaron leaving Thor title will probably be one of the happiest moments of the all canon...

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kevd4wg

@asgaard said:

Why is everyone assuming that is a new hammer? Why would it be? Looks exactly like Mjolnir in a different color (looks awful by the way), that also happens to be the new color of his metal arm that also is made of uru...

Either way... Aaron leaving Thor title will probably be one of the happiest moments of the all canon...

Actually yeah that makes sense, I hope it is Mjolnir.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Champion99

Marvel doesn't do Reboots. Just relaunches and the occasional retcons. But imo they really do need a reboot. But I just hope the book will be good.

@revan- said:

@marvelanddcfan24: Marvel has the highest share in the comic sales. They are currently the most popular, lol.

Marvel usually is more popular but DC beat them in January so we gotta wait until February sales are done to see.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99: sales aren't really that impressive for either company the way Marvels movies make money their comics should be doing way better

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Asgaard

@asgardianbrony:

Aaron was CLEARLY going to give the Ultimate hammer to Thor, when someone at Marvel said to him, don't do it or Thor Ragnarok will mock your current take even more (God of the hammers line from Odin), so Jason that (just like you said) never had a plan for Thor, gave that hammer to Volstagg for reasons...

Now even if Aaron stupidity has no limits probably Cebulski will tell him, don't come up with more hammers, just find a way for him and the other 2 main Avengers don't be exactly like their core so fast, (that Iron Man armor also looks outdated), because we want to parallel the next Avengers movies where the big three Avengers also will not start at their core in "Infinity War" but will be with their original weapons in 2019 Avengers 4, yeah Mcu Thor will have again his original hammer, the new weapon (whatever it is) seems just a plot device to fix the old weapon... Hope its well executed with a good context/story behind it...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot ? Ugj

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The golden part would mostly be an upgrade,since the next villain for the new avengers roster is going to be the dark celestials

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spoke too soon I think

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It shall be made from the golden statue that briefly held Mangog

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.