The Enchantment on Mjolnir

Avatar image for kgb725
#1 Posted by kgb725 (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

why doesnt he just get the enchantment lifted

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
#2 Posted by TheGodofThunder (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Exactly what enchantment are you speaking of and why would he want it removed?

Avatar image for kgb725
#3 Posted by kgb725 (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

the worthiness enchantment

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
#4 Posted by TheGodofThunder (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Why would he want just anyone to pick up the hammer? It's not like the enchantment hinders him at all. It's kind of like hammer insurance.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#5 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Why would he want to lift it? It has no cons.

Avatar image for jonsmith
#6 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

As mentioned before, why would he want to remove the enchantment? It's only a problem if he does something to make himself Unworthy. And suddenly not being able to lift Mjolnir is usually enough to shock him back to normal. So not only does it stop anyone else from wielding it, it also acts as a leash to ensure he uses that power wisely.

Avatar image for mccoym2
#7 Posted by mccoym2 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Good answer

Avatar image for blood1991
#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Loki or Amora ever tried removing or altering the Enchantment? Seems like common sense, but that isn't always so in comic books.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
#9 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: The enchantment is by Odin neither Loki nor Amora has the power to lift that level of magical protection.

Avatar image for blood1991
#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@Blood1991: The enchantment is by Odin neither Loki nor Amora has the power to lift that level of magical protection.

True, but Loki has gotten the upper hand on Odin before if I recall correctly "I haven't read much Thor" so I just think it could be an interesting story down the line.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#11 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Loki has made the same hammer before with the enchantments etc..4 of them to be correct. But a half broken Thor version still beat Loki's 4 :)

Avatar image for blood1991
#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Blood1991: Loki has made the same hammer before with the enchantments etc..4 of them to be correct. But a half broken Thor version still beat Loki's 4 :)

Hmmm if he changed the enchantment on Thor's he couldn't use it, then he could use his own hammers "Loki has alot of bad ideas doesn't he?" Meh just random tangents of thought.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#13 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: He can't change it as he is not Odin level.

Avatar image for blood1991
#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Blood1991: He can't change it as he is not Odin level.

Not through his own means, but he is a master of manipulation. With the right resources and allies I think it would be possible.

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Blood1991: He can't change it as he is not Odin level.

Not through his own means, but he is a master of manipulation. With the right resources and allies I think it would be possible.

Maybe with Surtur & Yimr.

Avatar image for sommyt
#16 Posted by sommyt (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: theres no need to lift the enchantment ..its the coolest enchantment ever

Avatar image for joshmightbe
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (27491 posts) - - Show Bio

This is kind of like asking why Batman doesn't just toss out keys to the Batman mobile to random people in Gotham and hope no one steals it.

Avatar image for blood1991
#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Blood1991: He can't change it as he is not Odin level.

Not through his own means, but he is a master of manipulation. With the right resources and allies I think it would be possible.

Maybe with Surtur & Yimr.

See awesome Thor story in the making.

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Blood1991: He can't change it as he is not Odin level.

Not through his own means, but he is a master of manipulation. With the right resources and allies I think it would be possible.

Maybe with Surtur & Yimr.

See awesome Thor story in the making.

I agree. It would be cool to see Thor fighting without Mjolnir.

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: To make it accessible to everyone, yeah that makes sense!

Avatar image for pyrogram
#21 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: He has done that so many times in classic comics...

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@jeanroygrant: He has done that so many times in classic comics...

No he hasn't. Also I want to see a morals off Thor without Mjolnir.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#23 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Yes he has lol, Go read some classic Thor.

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@jeanroygrant: Yes he has lol, Go read some classic Thor.

I meant a morals off Thor, not a morals on Thor without Mjolnir.

Avatar image for pyrogram
#25 Posted by Pyrogram (45636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: oww ok

Avatar image for rage_hard
#26 Posted by Rage_Hard (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

This is kind of like asking why Batman doesn't just toss out keys to the Batman mobile to random people in Gotham and hope no one steals it.

Yeah, why doesn't he do that?

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@jeanroygrant: oww ok

Ya

Avatar image for bigcimmerian
#28 Posted by bigcimmerian (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Has Loki or Amora ever tried removing or altering the Enchantment? Seems like common sense, but that isn't always so in comic books.

You must be more powerful then Odin to alter the enchantment.

Avatar image for blood1991
#29 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: We kinda already covered that, but thanks.

Avatar image for bigcimmerian
#30 Posted by bigcimmerian (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@BigCimmerian: We kinda already covered that, but thanks.

Yeah, I saw it later :D

Avatar image for selinaky
#31 Posted by Selinaky (692 posts) - - Show Bio

If the enchantment was lifted would that mean Thor's powers would be his alone to command as the God of Thunder, without the hammer? Mjolnir would just be a very powerful hammer, but with no weather abilities (because the 'power of Thor' was removed)?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.