Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Taika Waititi: "Thor will be Ragnarok's Best Character"

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

In in interview with Crave Online, Waititi discussed his pitch to Marvel, in which he told the studio that Thor "just needs to be the most interesting character," adding: "If you're going to call the movie Thor, Thor has to be the best character."

Additionally, the director also spoke to his improvisational style, which he's applying to Thor: Ragnarok. "I make up a lot of shots on the spot sometimes but I always have a plan," he explained. "I always plan what I’m going to do and then I’ll throw that plan away when I see what the actors want to do, and then we have to come to a common ground and figure that out."

Waititi also acknowledged the danger of incorporating too much CGI, noting he tries "as much as possible" to film "practically and on locations." While Ragnarok is a very different kind of film than his other movies, the director pointed to his experience doing "some big" commercials and familiarity with "changing pace on bigger sets" as a major benefit.

Source: IGN/Crave Online

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Not that we fans can trust what the director is saying completely or take him at his word yet but at least he seems to be starting out with good intentions for the film, its characters and its tone.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Can't disagree with this

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

please,just make him a God or is it just too late :).even Wonder Woman will be a demigod in DCEU.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree theoretically... But did anyone see Mad Max: Fury Road? Sometimes the title named character isn't the most interesting...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I agree theoretically... But did anyone see Mad Max: Fury Road? Sometimes the title named character isn't the most interesting...

The movie typically didn't hinge completely on him either though. You could've replaced him with another character and it would've been the same film. That can't be said for films like this.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Maybe. But, I don't see any strict reason why the named character of a superhero movie *has* to be the most interesting character in it, especially with how diverse the movie superhero scene is becoming.

I don't expect otherwise from Thor, but a few of the more recent big superhero movies have had really prominent side characters in them. I mean, heck, I wouldn't hold my breath for Captain America being the most interesting character in Civil War, especially after Black Widow ate up so much of his screen time in his last movie...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@deranged_midget: Maybe. But, I don't see any strict reason why the named character of a superhero movie *has* to be the most interesting character in it, especially with how diverse the movie superhero scene is becoming.

I don't expect otherwise from Thor, but a few of the more recent big superhero movies have had really prominent side characters in them. I mean, heck, I wouldn't hold my breath for Captain America being the most interesting character in Civil War, especially after Black Widow ate up so much of his screen time in his last movie...

Well a character is only as interesting as his supporting cast as well (IMO), but the lead character should be able to be interesting enough to carry the film through solo scenes.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yeah, making Thor the most interesting character in Thor seems natural. Is it really something that one has to point out specifically... oh, I get it. Its about Loki in Dark World.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Best character to job in his own movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.