Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Should Thor continue to grow and reach Odins power without the Odin-force?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you like a Thor who has embraced all of his heritage and grown in power to reach odin like levels or is that too powerful?

As most of us know Thor is the child of Odin All-Father of Asgard and Gaea Elder Goddess of earth. This was in order to create a being to be the best and most powerful of all the gods. Maybe if he fully embraces his asgardian/Elder god heritage he would grow and evolve in power.

In my opinion it would make sense based on his history if is natural power continued to grow and he reached a much higher level. I am unsure if i would like a level as high as a full powered odin, but i am unsure.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@coolcat4: Actually the Writer Oeming Confirmed that

Rune King Thor ascended to that lvl of power independent of the Odinforce.

Thor warping reality and bonding with the Cosmos, basically everything he has done was him clearing his mind & soul discovering his true potential

I asked him personally on Twitter

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Rune King Thor is more powerful than Odin

And the funny thing is his Elder God powers wasn't embraced .

Imagine if he did with all that he had already

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Wow i had no idea that is really cool. I think they should continue with that idea and throw in the elder god bit. It would make for a very interesting and powerful thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: nice find.

also, what's with the Storm > Thor on Twitter today???

people really don't know about Thor, do they xd

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

Actually it has being going for days now, but it reached its heights today because Marvel is doing a battle Royal (go vote by the way lol)

Her fans are one track ponies , always bringing up synapses ,i showed them this

No Caption Provided

But their ignorant asses still running their mouth...and they are so ratchet lmfao

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Wow i had no idea that is really cool. I think they should continue with that idea and throw in the elder god bit. It would make for a very interesting and powerful thor.

I hope Danny does him justice..I want him displaying god tier powers without his hammer

Oeming did it in Ragnarok there is no excuse

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: I think he will. It seems like Thor is the one he has wanted to write the most. I agree with that i have always wanted Thor to show that he is powerful without his hammer that it is only a tool not the source.

I wonder what cates is going to do with him. Did he confirm he has the odin force? I know it says he has the power to go with the title.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest said:

@thor321 said:

Actually it has being going for days now, but it reached its heights today because Marvel is doing a battle Royal (go vote by the way lol)

No Caption Provided

But their ignorant asses still running their mouth...and they are so ratchet lmfao

LOL

I argued with some girl recently and she told me to read the original source, AKA manga cause Thor cannot use lightning without his hammer.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T

@thor321 said:

@lazarus4tempest said:

@thor321 said:

No Caption Provided

LOL

I argued with some girl recently and she told me to read the original source, AKA manga cause Thor cannot use lightning without his hammer.

I swear they are going to make me hate the character, for a character that is so regal most of her fans are so ghetto the way they articulate is very irritating.

They know nothing about Thor to assume he can't use his abilities without his hammer, how many times must he prove himself, from Black panther gave her some bread crumbs they think she is somehow above the spawn of a Elder God..

I can't wait for issue 5 release definitely gonna get some insane feats...and I'll be there is stunt on them REALLY HARD

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: I think he will. It seems like Thor is the one he has wanted to write the most. I agree with that i have always wanted Thor to show that he is powerful without his hammer that it is only a tool not the source.

I wonder what cates is going to do with him. Did he confirm he has the odin force? I know it says he has the power to go with the title.

He said his Plans for Thor is way bigger than his plans for Venom(and venom pitch is very massive )..Thor fans will have a lot to celebrate..Alot of development is coming for the Thunder my friend ALOT..

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: That is very exciting. Now if only the virus would go away and we could get new issues coming out.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: That is very exciting. Now if only the virus would go away and we could get new issues coming out.

I can't wait form the upcoming issues alot of Thor hater are going to cry , remember the black is Multiversal and for Thor and Galactus to even defeat it Multiversal output is definitely needed ,and he is going to ascend to something far greater to save the Multiverse.You see that picture of him as pure energy right? ..And that Hammer fall arc I'm so hoping it is to focus on Thor using his powers without that bloody hammer.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Ya I have been waiting for it. I have no idea how crazy he will get. Also even now he is still making galactus look like he is the herald. Its a great idea to see him become his energy it makes sense and it should be awesome. Ya i have high hopes. That would be really cool if they do that in Hammer fall.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Ya I have been waiting for it. I have no idea how crazy he will get. Also even now he is still making galactus look like he is the herald. Its a great idea to see him become his energy it makes sense and it should be awesome. Ya i have high hopes. That would be really cool if they do that in Hammer fall.

Galactus said Thor is his one true death, the fact that Thor has being consistently absorbing the Power cosmic from him .

Maybe Thor took everything and ascended to the Blue form.. But i can't wait to see what happens

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Could be. I would prefer if it wasn't the power cosmic for that form.

What i would really like to see is a clear planetary feat of strength for standard Thor. I keep seeing people claim he isnt that strong when his other feats prove otherwise. His damage output has been good for striking and energy.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it is not the Power Cosmic I'm just theorising

I don't give Thor lowballers the time of day , they are just mad

but if he does have planetary feat and they still refuses to recognize it what difference would it be now?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Well it might be also it would make sense.

Im thinking more so that it hasnt happened recently so i would like a reminder. Unless we consider thor throwing the planet sized prison with his hammer.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Well it might be also it would make sense.

Im thinking more so that it hasnt happened recently so i would like a reminder. Unless we consider thor throwing the planet sized prison with his hammer.

I want to see Thor use his ability in more creative ways..I'm tired of seeing him smashing things like a mad man all the time..I'm a Thor fan i don't want him to look brainless like the Hulk

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By coolcat4

@lazarus4tempest: I would also like to see that. Recently its only hitting and lighting. Before he would actually think and use his abilities to fit the problem.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good question, my answer would be yes, this would be problematic though cause Thor's rogue gallery is typically way below Odin lvl

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: I would also like to see that. Recently its only hitting and lighting. Before he would actually think and use his abilities to fit the problem.

stupid writers these days using the MCU as the template, making Thor look like a dumb ass, Danny Cates is moving from that narrative .Thor is giving me the regal vibes again I hope he uses his powers as such.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor warping reality and bonding with the Cosmos, basically everything he has done was him clearing his mind & soul discovering his true potential

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

so dose that explain Thor’s seemgly ass pull power up against glory?

No Caption Provided

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon said:
    @lazarus4tempest said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

so dose that explain Thor’s seemgly ass pull power up against glory?

No Caption Provided

Yes it does explains that so called Ass pull power up , people were so use to him shooting lightning and smashing thing to the point when he does do what he is meant to it comes as a surprise(or as you refer to as Ass pull) but not for me.

Even in Dan jurgens run it is shows that Thor limits himself & if his soul is clear of all doubts?
    Even in Dan jurgens run it is shows that Thor limits himself & if his soul is clear of all doubts?
    His potential is Infinite
    His potential is Infinite

Nothing will be impossible
    Nothing will be impossible

But in a thread when I say Thor can destroy a solar system if he wanted to they say I was wanking...shows what they know

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes, that's what he was created for.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, that's what he was created for.

Exactly you tell them

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By asgardianweapon

@coolcat4: I think as strong as Odin/stronger would make harder to write him in continuity and for all writers respect him.

I would enjoy if he would become a little more powerful than he normaly is by developing his own life force and stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: I think as strong as Odin/stronger would make harder to right him in continuity and for all writers respect him.

I would enjoy if he would become a little more powerful than he normaly is by developing his own life force and stuff

Have to agree with this.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon said:

@coolcat4: I think as strong as Odin/stronger would make harder to right him in continuity and for all writers respect him.

Have to agree with this.

Ya i can see this. If he become that powerful i would not like to see him on earth with regular heroes. He would be way to much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.