Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Secret Empire #4 Spoilers re. Odinson

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

During a tense 'dinner party' between the Avengers and Hydra Cap organised by Hank Pym Ultron, it is revealed that whilst Vision is being controlled by an AI virus and Cthon is possessing Wanda, Odinson is aiding Hydra Cap willingly 'for the love of his people and Asgard' to quote Odinson. Looks like Marvel have butchered Thor again.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

lol what a load of bullshit they are literally doing everything in their power to shit on Thor and his character it's ridiculous, how would he ever turn on all his friends and everything he's stood for just ridiculous and showing that nobody at marvel knows anything or gives any shits about him

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Not much to go on from that info, to soon before I buy into the butchered analysis.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless he is undercover for the other side or has other reasons for it it's just increasing the extent to the trashing of Thor by marvel and it honestly doesn't surprise me he isn't recognisable as Thor anymore. If he's willingly working for Hydra out of his own choice then he doesn't deserve to lift Mjolnir again because that's not even Thor at this point that's not my favourite character.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what Marvel is trying to do with Thor, but it's not good at all.

Avatar image for theriogodofrage
    TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Didn't he beat Iron Man's ass for the exact same reason as well as Stark cloning him?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theriogodofrage: Pretty much for cloning him and for turning on his once friends unless he's undercover or has other motives which is what I hope

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised this many disaffected people still read comics considering how far they've strayed from the characters.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spambot

It feels like everything to do with Thor gets needlessly dragged out in Marvel anymore(when they aren't busy trying to destroy him as a character). The whisper took like 3 years to sort of resolve. We are never given clear reasons for anything that happens involving him any more. Its always 'um, keep reading and maybe it will be explained at some point in the future, yada yada.' I don't buy any of the stuff since he became unworthy and not sure if I ever will again. I honestly can't see myself ever buying anything that Aaron does with him again. I considered getting the unworthy mini when it comes out as a tpb but decided against it.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Don't get it, that shit was all build up to Thanos fighting Thor which never even happened so anti-climactic.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@spambot: Don't get it, that shit was all build up to Thanos fighting Thor which never even happened so anti-climactic.

Lol, this so much, such a mislead.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I don't think I want to read it even free. It will prob just aggravate me.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: As I said in the other thread around here I seriously doubt he will have Mjolnir back by the time his movie comes out either. I'll be shocked if they do anything decent with him in the next year or so.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are looking at it without context.

Thor didn't seem happy to be there, and told Hercules he was doing it for the people we love.

In the mighty Thor, Jane has told Thor that she is dying rapidly, and she's not sure if she'll live next time she drops the hammer.

In secret wars, Jane is trapped in a strange dimension in her Thor form , but is running out of time and will soon turn back human. Captain America then takes the Hammer.

Thor could be with hydra to

A. Get Her free from the Dimension

B. She is already free, but is in custody of hydra, and used to blackmail him

C. Get the hammer to give to her when she gets out of the dimension, before she dies.

Also, note that Thor doesn't follow the Hydra Avengers on missions like, destroying Atlantis, attacking the Xmen that twleported in Secret Empire: United. The only thing we've seen him do is kill a monster that attacked a city.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: You may have a point about Jane that could be a reason

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: he didn't say he is doing it for the love of his people, he said he is doing it for those he loves

I know, I sound nitpicky but that slight difference has quite a different connotation

I think Hydra is threatening to invade Asgard or something

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jonez_: That still refers to the Asgardians though, it's not as if humanity is benefitting greatly from Hydra Cap's takeover of America. Still, you might be right, Hydra could be threatening Asgard's invasion to force Odinson to help Hydra.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.