Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Possibility of new feats

Avatar image for theriogodofrage
    TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wanted to get peoples thoughts on this.

So the thought crossed my mind that whatever feats and showings Thor has from here on out, it's 100% him doing it. Since Jane Foster was mortal and solely had powers because of Mjolnir, every feat she had IMO was due to the hammer and the "Mother Storm". Since they used up the Mother Storm reviving Jane *sigh*, she/it shouldn't be used, trapped, or channeled again. I don't mind the current run so far, don't love nor hate it. Kinda tired of the "God of Hammers" bit already, but we know some how, some way, we're getting Mjolnir back. With that being assumed due to Aaron writing Old King Thor as well, hopefully Aaron can return to form as he was during his God of Thunder run.

No Caption Provided

Random thought. Am I crazy for hoping? Wanna hear your thoughts.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there was time the run was good, now its unrecognizable. So i guess you can hope if we disregard the past, dear how many years has it been?

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

King Thor sure but not this Thor in the present.

TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: @phisigmatau: I'm talking solely feats. Everyone has their own opinions on the current run, the quality of writing or lack thereof. Leaving the writing/story aside, you both still don't see any possibly decent feats happening?

Definitely not arguing or picking a fight. Just legitimately curious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theriogodofrage: np fam.

nah, I don't think so.

so far, he beat Juggernaut but Juggernaut jobbed too much for me to say it was a good feat.

he also beat Sindr but he was amped by Hela's crown.

I don't see him doing something crazy tbh.

TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

nah, I don't think so.

so far, he beat Juggernaut but Juggernaut jobbed too much for me to say it was a good feat.

That's fair. I'm kinda holding out hope still though. Thor is my favorite mythological/fictional character period, and part of my religion. I just hope for the best. Haha. I hope (but severely doubt), Aaron gets back to his God of Thunder writing level.

On a positive note, if Thor does get good feats, it'll clearly be his doing. Apparently Uru is weak now, so all of his hammers keep breaking/melting or whatever else. Hope he gets Mjolnir back soon in a non-idiotic way.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

nah, I don't think so.

That's fair. I'm kinda holding out hope still though. Thor is my favorite mythological/fictional character period, and part of my religion. I just hope for the best. Haha. I hope (but severely doubt), Aaron gets back to his God of Thunder writing level.

On a positive note, if Thor does get good feats, it'll clearly be his doing. Apparently Uru is weak now, so all of his hammers keep breaking/melting or whatever else. Hope he gets Mjolnir back soon in a non-idiotic way.

Thor power doesnt come from Mjolnir. The intent was for it to channel his strength. Thor having feats without the hammer shouldn't mean much since his source isnt supposed to be the Hammer. shrugs.

TherioGodofRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theriogodofrage said:
    @thor321 said:

nah, I don't think so.

Thor power doesnt come from Mjolnir. The intent was for it to channel his strength. Thor having feats without the hammer shouldn't mean much since his source isnt supposed to be the Hammer. shrugs.

No, I understand that. I only brought up the Mother Storm part cause if Thor was wielding Mjolnir with the storm in it right now, then any feats that happened could possibly be attributed to the storm amping Thor. Now, Mjolnir is my favorite mythological/fictional weapon of all time, but I personally HATE the retconned origin for Mjolnir. The only good thing about Mjolnir being destroyed right now is that that Mother Storm shit is gone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321 said:

nah, I don't think so.

same.

well, hope is still there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.