No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

The destroyer arm is cooler anyway

#3 Posted by Comicuser (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

true

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm going to post the spoiler I'm warning people about in the title of this thread! Truly, I am a genius".

#5 Posted by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Thor's turning into 90's Aquaman?

#6 Posted by Comicuser (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm going to post the spoiler I'm warning people about in the title of this thread! Truly, I am a genius".

you didnt know???? its been posted here countless times about how he would lose his arm and get the metal one. I posted the title and later changed it to say spoilers to let people know that this wasnt another one of those threads. to let them know that this actually showed it since it just happened today. funny comment though. 10/10 for effort.

#7 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by mandman (131 posts) - - Show Bio

How does loosing an arm make you unworthy? I just ARON!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by kyrees (12465 posts) - - Show Bio

this merited a thread............

#10 Posted by frozenedge (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@mandman: Losing the arm isn't what made him unworthy. We still don't know why he's unworthy

#11 Edited by EyeDCyou (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicuser: You're assuming everyone knew about this development, which is nonsense. It was mostly speculation up to this point and not everyone who's interested in this series is going to be part of those discussions.

#13 Posted by Comicuser (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicuser: You're assuming everyone knew about this development, which is nonsense. It was mostly speculation up to this point and not everyone who's interested in this series is going to be part of those discussions.

youre right about me assuming everyone knew. As @eyedcyou co signed on your comment, I see that not everyone was up to date and had seen the images of him with his metal arm(that hasnt happened yet). I apologize.

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicuser: It's alright, you can always edit the title.

#15 Posted by mandman (131 posts) - - Show Bio

frozenedge

Alright, Guess I'm just waiting to see how they screw this up.

#16 Posted by 4Thor (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin himself is unworthy? now marvel has to insult the powerhead of the Aesir, the founder of Asgard and Valhalla, the All-Father of Asgard. Just when you think they couldn't get any lower with their treatment to Asgardian Mythos, they go one step further with the ruler of Asgard himself!

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by nickthedevil (14908 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#18 Posted by Fallschirmjager (22696 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by nickthedevil (14908 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by FearTheLiving (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of fail that happened with the spoiler in the title and the fail spoiler block inside the thread deserves some Red.

Loading Video...

#21 Edited by i_like_swords (24468 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the advisory usually come before the spoiler?

#22 Posted by cresShadow (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: if you ask me, the spoiler is HOW he lost his arm. people knew from the jump that thor loses it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
#23 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice title

#24 Posted by LEGACY6364 (5736 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know how spoilers work?

#25 Edited by Comicuser (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know how spoilers work?

not at the time i made the thread, no.

#26 Posted by Comicuser (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: if you ask me, the spoiler is HOW he lost his arm. people knew from the jump that thor loses it.

BINGO. EXACTLY. but it was my mistake everyone was up to date as i was. Apparently not everyone knew this was coming even though people had made threads about it like 2 months ago. Its my mistake.

#27 Posted by Claymore1998 (16464 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh cool. Okay maybe not so cool.

Did they explain who the Lady Thor is yet or has Thor gotten his Destroyer Arm yet?

#28 Posted by Jphu8414 (4044 posts) - - Show Bio

Dayum, as a Thor fan that was kind of hard to watch

#29 Posted by Wolfus (122 posts) - - Show Bio

You gotta be kidding me. First, thor is unworthy. Now he loses his arm like some regular fodder street level warrior. And now ODIN IS UNWORTHY??!!! WHAT THE HELL?

#30 Posted by jayc1324 (20889 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm everyone should know Thor loses his arm if you've read any issue of Aarons Thor. Old King Thor anyone??

Anyway, I don't see why he doesn't use magic to grow it back. And Thor getting his arm cut off is stupid anyway. He's too durable for that. Like someone said above, he's not street level fodder, that malekith can just dismember him willy nilly and then walk away. What the hell?

#31 Posted by killraven4334 (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

This is absolutely the most incompetent writing I have ever seen. Odin is the one who determines who is worthy...he has absolute control over the hammer. Aron is the most brain damaged writer I have ever come across.

#32 Posted by Wolfus (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@killraven4334: Did aaron have a breakdown or something He wrote GoT, right? The god butcher arc was arguabilly one of the best arcs, right? Everybody was saying this!! How did that happen?

#34 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by titing2101 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

This really bugs me about thors durability. is it because of the jarnbjorn being enchanted thats why malekith was able to cut thor's arm or is thor not really that durable when it comes to "slicing and cutting"? if i remember it right, after it was enchanted when thor and apocalypse fought again in uncanny avengers, apocalypse threw it to thor but it only cut him a little bit. and AFAIK apocalypse>malekith in terms of strength.

#36 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

This really bugs me about Thor's durability. is it because of the Jarnbjorn being enchanted that's why Malekith was able to cut Thor's arm or is Thor not really that durable when it comes to "slicing and cutting"? if i remember it right, after it was enchanted when Thor and apocalypse fought again in uncanny avengers, apocalypse threw it to Thor but it only cut him a little bit. and AFAIK apocalypse>Malekith in terms of strength.

just a lame idea all the way around.

#37 Posted by titing2101 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

damn.. for sure this will be a blow to thors durability. adamantium claws of wolverine only gave thor a minor wound but malekith with that axe... :(

#38 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

damn.. for sure this will be a blow to thors durability. adamantium claws of wolverine only gave thor a minor wound but malekith with that axe... :(

that is why i will stay as far away from this as possible.

#39 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, Thor's face looks terrible in that scan.

#40 Edited by mandman (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Jayc1324

or a mech arm. honestly why. What's the point of maiming him like that...anyone remember the Justice league animated series.

how it should have happened...

Loading Video...
#41 Posted by mjolnirson (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

it is awful the way that Thor became unworthy that's awful and the coming of the woman Thor, but to be fair it´s awesome the way that he lose his arm, and the destroyer arm it´s cooler.

#42 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

surprised no hook like Aquaman had you know how well people liked that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aquaman+justice+league&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=fUc&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&biw=1279&bih=626&tbm=isch&imgil=gEUqG2SGnE9TlM%253A%253BdzayyuJDArckCM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fanpop.com%25252Fclubs%25252Fjustice-league%25252Fimages%25252F3330039%25252Ftitle%25252Faquaman-photo&source=iu&pf=m&fir=gEUqG2SGnE9TlM%253A%252CdzayyuJDArckCM%252C_&usg=__Kb2doXUn1PpMaSKH_7sdU9RMeoI%3D&ved=0CDUQyjc&ei=tTIuVPuTCM-myASooIHQAg#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=mBj0JQYrcH4baM%253A%3Bkun1mDSM1v6EAM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%252F__cb20070220110905%252Fdcanimated%252Fimages%252Fe%252Fe6%252FAquapan.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdcanimated.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FAquaman%3B317%3B627

#43 Posted by MatthewParker (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

so most people had a feeling he would lose a arm , but most people thought it was such a lame idea that it would never happen. So damn it happened to late cannot change it.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#45 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

This really bugs me about thors durability. is it because of the jarnbjorn being enchanted thats why malekith was able to cut thor's arm or is thor not really that durable when it comes to "slicing and cutting"? if i remember it right, after it was enchanted when thor and apocalypse fought again in uncanny avengers, apocalypse threw it to thor but it only cut him a little bit. and AFAIK apocalypse>malekith in terms of strength.

That was an Asgardian Axe, Asgardian weapons are as deadly to Asgardians as normal weapons are to us basically.If that was just a normal human made Axe it would of broke.

#46 Posted by arthurkerr (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@titing2101 said:

That was an Asgardian Axe, Asgardian weapons are as deadly to Asgardians as normal weapons are to us basically.If that was just a normal human made Axe it would of broke.

still a lame idea we can reattach limbs and they are beyond us so um why did they simply not do it.

#47 Posted by tensor (7408 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad for Thor.They really did a bad job on him.So much stuff wrong with this issue.

#48 Posted by KO1 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

I feel bad for Thor.They really did a bad job on him.So much stuff wrong with this issue.

I think the same way...

#49 Posted by ThorOdinson24 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Well it was jarnjorn you know the enchanted Axe that can cut through celestial armor and kill them.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
#50 Posted by ThunderingThorFan (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: No, its Dumb. Thor should be indestructible to everything really. You'd never see Superman disrespected like this with the excuse that its "for character development" which is a tired retread for Thor already anyway. Oh wait...its a girl! Now it's a new concept. Let's face it: the way Marvel treats Thor, the Hulk or Hammerette herself will rip off the fake arm and beat him over the head with it soon. Just wait and watch. On another site I called it! I told them that a villain would take Thor's axe and chop his arm with it well before the issue came out. Was I wrong? Rest my case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.