Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Old King Thors base strength compared to Standard Thor.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coolcat4

I had a quick question that I have been thinking about.

Is old king Thor and Regular Thor the same physical strength level at most times we see them? If not what type of difference do you thin there is?

My reasoning to think they could be equal: The odin force does not actively amp physical strength I believe. I could be wrong.

Also OK Thor when he tossed Gorr's planet could barely feel the Odin force and couldn't use it much.

I am not asking whether OK Thor has better feats thats obviously the case.

What do you guys think. Is OK Thor's physical strength far above standard Thor's?

Some strength feats of OK Thor just for reference:

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OKT is superior in virtually every aspect.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: Well yes he obviously has more power overall. Im only asking physical strength which has not been shown in the past to be affected. And OKT Couldn't access that power in the beginning.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@coolcat4: Old King Thor way superior in alot of things and strength is one of those in the bunch

1.OKT held back a Universe from crushing him

No Caption Provided

2.OKT held up the the pillars of creation /reality for all eternity

Basically he is Infinite in strenght

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

OKT takes his by a long shot

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Well yes at the end of the arc he has full control of the thor force. my question wasn't whether he has better feats because he obviously does. Was more about if at base they have the same strength level still not when he is really pushing his power.

Its kinda hard to describe what i mean.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Well yes at the end of the arc he has full control of the thor force. my question wasn't whether he has better feats because he obviously does. Was more about if at base they have the same strength level still not when he is really pushing his power.

Its kinda hard to describe what i mean.

The thing about it is Asgardians age like fine wine.The older they aare the more powerful they become,so it is safe to say OKT is superior even when not pushing it.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Ya that is true i had forgotten about that.

How about this do you think standard thor can replicate throwing a star or throwing gorr's planet? Also do you think current Cates Thor can hold up creation?

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Ya that is true i had forgotten about that.

How about this do you think standard thor can replicate throwing a star or throwing gorr's planet? Also do you think current Cates Thor can hold up creation?

Honestly i don't know ...Cates Thor is building up to be very OP we have to just wait and see base on how the fight between him and the Black Winter goes ..I'll come to my conclusion

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Even back in the god bomb/ butcher arc, Old king shows to be phiscally superior to Avenger Thor.

He could hold Gorr for a while, i think take more punches (avengers thor could only take two), even overpower that gorr serpent minion or take an armmy of beings that avengers Thor fought (altough avengers Thor later just fight against more of them)

So he is far stronger but avengers Thor still isn´t irrelevant to him

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well for comparison

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

standard thor can do this to galactus

and old king thor can...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: he can def throw a planet now a star...idk

but the new king Thor prob can

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: Ya we know he can throw a planet since he through that prison the size of a plant. And i agree current Thor most likely can and can probably do much more. Hes a beast.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New king Thor can but he hasn't shown such feat, so you're making an assumption

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon said:

New king Thor can but he hasn't shown such feat, so you're making an assumption

And that's why he said PROB tho.... You stating the obvious

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@asgardianweapon: Ya we know he can throw a planet since he through that prison the size of a plant. And i agree current Thor most likely can and can probably do much more. Hes a beast.

I can't wait to see what else is in store for my all time fav

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Ya me too, and i was very happy with Thor using the godblast again. Im pretty excited since the arc after this will be even scarier or something.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Ya me too, and i was very happy with Thor using the godblast again. Im pretty excited since the arc after this will be even scarier or something.

No Caption Provided

Issue 6 will be on a whole other lvl bro. Thor will be ascending to another lvl of power... *sips tea*

I

CAN'T

WAIT

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Thats going to be insane. Cosmic adventures suit him so much more then earth based stuff.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinforce amps strength, never got why people think it only offers magical powers.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Thats going to be insane. Cosmic adventures suit him so much more then earth based stuff.

Thor was made for cosmic adventures , earth based stuff makes no sense to me. I agree with you 100%

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Very true. It makes no sense for a being who can destroy worlds to be stuck on a planet.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Very true. It makes no sense for a being who can destroy worlds to be stuck on a planet.

They try to glue him to earth for repeatability , but for me personally i don't read Thor comics to relate with him he is a God I'm a human.. I want to see him as powerful has he can be.

If i want something to relate to I would have read one of em baseline heroes book

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinforce amps strength, never got why people think it only offers magical powers.

Maybe people will overlook that aspect of it due to the fact that without it he has already accomplished such strength feats.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TurtleTortoise

@lazarus4tempest said:
    @turtletortoise said:

Maybe people will overlook that aspect of it due to the fact that without it he has already accomplished such strength feats.

Odin gave Thor odinforce to beat Surtur in melee combat, this the ultimate proof Odinforce grants enhanced physical stats.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest said:
    @turtletortoise said:

Odin gave Thor odinforce to beat Surtur in melee combat, this the ultimate proof Odinforce grants enhanced physical stats.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Thor is already strong what the Odin force did was augment his size.With his already otherworldly strength and his size augmented the job was much easier.

While i do agree with you that it does amplifies his strength his feats with it does not outshine his base accomplishments.

That's interns of strength

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Ya i never got that. Superheroes and gods are supposed to be better than us and something to strive for. I dont want to see them doing regular old things i can do. Thats not the point. I try to better myself so i can get closer, but never actually reaching them. Obviously.

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lazarus4tempest

@coolcat4 said:

@lazarus4tempest: Ya i never got that. Superheroes and gods are supposed to be better than us and something to strive for. I dont want to see them doing regular old things i can do. Thats not the point. I try to better myself so i can get closer, but never actually reaching them. Obviously.

writers who try to humanize Gods really irritates me and thats what Aaron was trying to do .

CHNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest:

Humanization of gods can work if they actually are depicted with the grace of being a god in their own respective context . Or 'godhood' might be a better word. But there's only pettiness...

lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest:

Humanization of gods can work if they actually are depicted with the grace of being a god in their own respective context . Or 'godhood' might be a better word. But there's only pettiness...

I disagree

CHNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Fair enough but gotta remember that gods' 'humanity' is what made them interesting and relatable in the first place. And the Norse gods are more human than any of them.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Should have an Arch about his elder God half and come to realize his full potential ..There was an Arch being made on that but They cancelled it for stupid reasons

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Ya that was dumb on them especially since it tied into the event more than some other arcs they kept. Then they had him give up that power.

Hopefully they give us a proper arc by a a writer who understands Thor.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: Agreed Cates seems to be ok in that department but Is rather have Simonson come back lol

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest: Fair enough but gotta remember that gods' 'humanity' is what made them interesting and relatable in the first place. And the Norse gods are more human than any of them.

Thor Should have an Arch about his elder God half and come to realize his full potential ..There was an Arch being made on that but They cancelled it for stupid reasons

i agree with both of this claims

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By asgardianweapon

@coolcat4: sorry that it took me so long to truly respond to this, i don´t even know if you are interested in this question yet but yes i do think they can be compared and for the reasons i will detail bellow:

In his fights against Malekith, Gorr and his army avenger Thor (or AT) has show himself relevant in a fight next to Old king (OKT) and even though he is show to be unambiguously superior to pretty much everything he is never show to be fodder or inconsequential in a fight next to his elder.

The stats of the king of Asgard are pretty impressive but in at least some of those feats the AT version has been able to match OKT

*Both threw planet sized things, with the first . being a planet sized prison made by angels (Thor 2018 #8) and he later says he can move moons and the second one throws a special planet made by gorr´s weapon that is able to make a moon sized bomb look like this (thor god of thunder issue 9 and 8)

* bothtanked /survived hits from Gorr and Malekith with the necrosword (war of the realms 6 thor 14), to varying degrees of success. Important to say however that this actually made the old king scream in pain when he could tank a punch that sent him through the earth and broke the moon and only seemed mildly annoyed

*And talking about that both could fight both of their armys with avengers Thor even helping OKT drive gorr´s berserkers away even tho OKT couldn´t (at this point he wasn't as connected with the thor force but he has been trying for hundreds of years but it should be noted that gorr made the berserkers go back to him) and in war of the realms 6 the elves with the necrosword are showed holding king thor for a moment.

Comparing them both it's obvious who is stronger and/or more powerful: avenger Thor threw lightings comparable to the size of a planet and visible next to the size of a small solar system ship (unworthy thor 5 )and controlled lighting of the mother storm comparable in size with the sun (war of the realms 6) while the other made winds the size of supernovas (thor2018 6). The first throwed a ship the size of a planet, the later threw at least one, tho possibly three, supernova sized stars.

No Caption Provided

king thor 3

Other impressive feats of older Thor include how he threw gorr light-years a way, overpowered both a serpent that was directly overpowering avenger Thor (thor god of thunder 9) and gorr himself (Thor god of thunder 11) won a arm wrestlying against phoenix force wolverine ( Wolverine: Infinity Watch (2019) #4 ) and even held back an older and smaller universe back together till the end of his days (king thor #4);

Nevertheless as i said before, the older Thor is not powerful to the point the strength and power of the younger version is inconsequential: Old king was helped by Thor against Gorr´s army, present day Thor tanked hits that made old king shout in pain, with a few more Thors they made lighting the size of supernovas and against a necro sword loki he even remarked that even tho he had help before he didn´t won against the Gorr so he has no chance against Loki who is stronger

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: Thanks for this reply. Pretty detailed and a good explanation of where they compare to each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.