Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

My Thoughts On Thors Combat Speed

• 88 results
    dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dondave

@asgaard said:
    @lvenger said:

@asgaard:

1. I'm noticing that Thor doesn't beat Angela in your scan of the Unworthy fight and that the rest show how much faster Angela is than Thor.
    2. Secondly, Angela wasn't using her speed when fighting Unworthy Thor, it happens a lot in comic book fights.
    3. And finally Angela has a bizarre weakness to lightning for some reason. Star Lord was able to KO her with a lightning blast from his element gun and I think we can agree his element gun is nowhere near as powerful as Mjolnir's lightning. This was why Thor won Round 2 since he pulled out lightning on her before Angela blitzed him.

You and others problem is think this characters were made for this site battle forum, i will not lost time with who ignores the narrative, (you are one of the few users that i never though would), yes Angela fight Unworthy Thor in Heven in her full power because her Goal was save her sister Laussa from Surtur essence, Thor was able to avoid her strikes and tag her and just not finish her because she gave her life to save their sister...

He didn't have the opportunity to finish her. After he punched her and she dropped Laussa she was perfectly fine standing next to him looking at the baby.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cgoodness: Fair enough. I'm also probably a bit more impressed with it because as a tabletop player "touch attacks" are often much easier to land then normal attacks.

All in all your point is made. While not the fastest guy, Thor can contend with people who are often imagined to be too fast for him.

About tabletop games I warmly advice you to read some GURPS books, the combat system is very very interesting.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Asgaard

@dondave said:
    @asgaard said:
    @lvenger said:

@asgaard:

1. I'm noticing that Thor doesn't beat Angela in your scan of the Unworthy fight and that the rest show how much faster Angela is than Thor.
    2. Secondly, Angela wasn't using her speed when fighting Unworthy Thor, it happens a lot in comic book fights.
    3. And finally Angela has a bizarre weakness to lightning for some reason. Star Lord was able to KO her with a lightning blast from his element gun and I think we can agree his element gun is nowhere near as powerful as Mjolnir's lightning. This was why Thor won Round 2 since he pulled out lightning on her before Angela blitzed him.

You and others problem is think this characters were made for this site battle forum, i will not lost time with who ignores the narrative, (you are one of the few users that i never though would), yes Angela fight Unworthy Thor in Heven in her full power because her Goal was save her sister Laussa from Surtur essence, Thor was able to avoid her strikes and tag her and just not finish her because she gave her life to save their sister...

He didn't have the opportunity to finish her. After he punched her and she dropped Laussa she was perfectly fine standing next to him looking at the baby.

In my perspective he did, but i will admit that the panels didn't follow in detail what the narrative was trying to demonstrate, you have a different interpretation cool...

But who cares about narrative, right? When obviously comics are made to we "correctly" explore the feats and prove the superiority of our preferences in fictional fights with fictional characters...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RisingBean

@realitywarper: I'm going to spoiler tag as my long post has zero to do with the topic.

Gurps is one I missed. When I began my pal had D&D 2nd ed and 3.0 (maybe 3.5 as well, I forget exactly when that rolled over.) Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, and Shadowrun. Since I've been able to read through (possibly make builds and even play) the Star Wars d20 system, D20 Modern (and it's supplements like future, apocalypse, etc), 3.5 (If I hadn't before), V:TM, Mutants and Masterminds (DC comics edition), DC Universe RPG (or a least a JLA sourcebook), and of course, Pathfinder.

In play (and attempts to build heroes) I've discovered I'm very partial to the D20 chassis. Trying to build a single hero in M&M took me hours and I'm not sure I did it right. It was a circle jerk of confusion. Rifts rules are so scattered through the book and the classes so unbalanced It's almost unplayable. ( I built "Superman" and had over 400 HP at first level. Nobody else came close. Gameplay lasted for only one session before we went back to D&D.) I'm not a fan of the dice pools of Shadowrun or Vampire (nor am I a big fan of the concept of the latter)

Anyhow, I seem to be ranting. Long story short, Gurps has always been the system to just be out of reach.

I know it's supposed to be versatile as hell, and if I see a physical copy for a reasonable price, you can be sure I'll pick it up. I don't think it'll ever see play, but I'd love to check it out.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to me those wanting to discredit any Thor speed feats attribute them solely to Mjolnir and that without his hammer he's nothing better than a hippie street punk with a Renaissance flare.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: U no tag me ?! Anyway there are a couple "high showings" more scans I can PM you if you want. One of which has Thor showing lightning speed(literally) on the ground.

Kruzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A while back I saw a scan of Jane Foster Thor speed blitzing in a fight. Does this mean she's faster than the original Thor or that it's an ability he has but just never thought to use. I'm looking for the scan but can't find it. If anyone has it please post it.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kruzer: Was it against Frost Giants?

Kruzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: No against the frost giants it was just the hammer bouncing around. (Kind of a different type of speedblitz I guess). This was her flying (in space I believe) and blitzing with several hits against a much larger foe. Someone else posted the scan on a youtube thread one time and I can't find it now.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kruzer: Oh then I can't help, quit reading Marvel a while back

Kruzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I stopped collecting entirely as individual comics are just too expensive. I read graphic novels and fill in the gaps online.

My point of looking for the Jane Foster speedblitz is that the youtube poster theorized if she could do it then Thor could do it and that means he could fight (at least while flying) as high speeds. Also based upon the Indestructible Hulk #8 banner has a theory that Thor's hammer emits gravitons effectively changing its mass, explaining why only the worthy can lift it and why it can fly around at will and change direction. It also could explain why Thor is so much faster in the air where the hammer is emitting gravatons constantly. Thor has nanosecond or better reaction time but when the hammer is constantly readjusting its and presumably his mass then he can move to match his reflexes.

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kruzer said:
    @cgoodness said:

My point of looking for the Jane Foster speedblitz is that the youtube poster theorized if she could do it then Thor could do it and that means he could fight (at least while flying) as high speeds.

Thor said that he had never seen Mjolnir move like that. There no reason he would be able to do it if he didn't even know Mjolnir could.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Thor-Parker

No I'm referring to King Thor trying and failing to land 3 blows on Captain America before he dented Cap's shield. It doesn't say much for Thor's speed if he needs to try to hit a low level superhuman like Captain America.

Captain America has stated he sees faster, and bullets are in slow motion to him, so while he is a low level superhuman, his speed is still very impressive.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Just a couple of questions.

1- Do you think Angela is on Thor´s level ?

2- Who do you think would win in a fight between Hulk and Thor ?

3- Do you think Wolverine would beat Thor ?

Honestly, by reading your posts you don´t seem to be a Thor fan like you say you are, well, let me correct this, you my be a Thor fan but I am pretty sure you do something similar to what I do which is the next.

I like Superman a lot, and I have read plenty of his comics, but when I find a low showing or a high showing that can be debunked, I go to the battle forum and use that against Superman, not because I don´t like him, but because that way my character (Thor) has more chances to beat him, and I think that´s what you do, you like Thor but I have never seen you debate for him, you just comment on his low showings so your character (Superman) has more chances to beat him. Don´t tell me you don´t do it because of that, because I know you do, you wouldn´t be fooling anyone, like I said, that´s also what I do, find weaknesses in a character that has the most possibilities of defeating my favorite character, but you are reaching way too much, Thor may not be as fast as DC powerhouses on his level, but claiming he is slower than people such as Captain America is ridiculous man, while depowered he had no problem keeping up with Steve, he actually saved him and proved to be just as skilled if not more.

By the way, sorry if that came out rude or like I am attacking you, that´s not the case, you are a pretty cool user and I don´t want to make any more enemies haha.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Perhaps that was not your intention, but i think you shouldn't connect preferences only with the site battle forums, diminish the characters and the fans, i really don't get that mentality...

Angela isn't in Thor's level because she doesn't control weather or have other energy manipulation, always will be hard to set any other Asgardian on Thor's level because they don't have GAEA heredity, even if Gillen try to explain that Angela power is a combination between Asgard (genetics) and Heven (knowledge), she has Balder parents (Freyja/Odin) hard to make her a lot more powerful than Balder, more skilled with some Heven's knowledge isn't enough to put her in Thor's level, and we don't need feats to acknowledge that plots/narrative have to follow this rules, because when they don't Asgard's "World Building" can easily fall apart...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Thor-Parker

@asgaard: I know I shouldn´t connect preferences with battle forums, but I am doing it in this occasion because I know Lvernger and he spends most of the time in the battle forums.

Btw, I know Angela is nowhere near Thor, I was just asking Lvenger that because he seems to imply that Angela would beat Thor in a battle.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#67  Edited By Lvenger

@thor_parker82:

1. Based on her feats of soloing the Guardians of the Galaxy and either matching or beating Thor bar her plot weakness to lightning, I'd say she is on Thor's level. There isn't much to go on for Angela otherwise.
    2. It depends on the version of Hulk Thor is fighting, you know that. Thor would beat Savage, Grey and Professor Hulk IMO. Maestro too, at least as how Maestro's limited feats stand. After seeing Hulk experts use him in the battle forums and CAV debates, I do think World Breaker Hulk would defeat Thor for a majority. Green Scar/WWH possibly as well, since his defense might be enough to withstand all but Thor's best offense. Thor should win if he fought smart like we think he can do. Planetary strikes, hammer throws that can stun the Phoenix, lightning powerful enough to harm cosmic beings, the wind of a thousand worlds, energy draining and more are just some of the ways Thor would beat Hulk IMO. However, Thor does not fight like a smart tactical warrior. CIS affects how he fights. His approach to a battle is almost always to use brute force, hammer throws and the occasional lightning bolt thrown in. A very simplistic and basic approach. And I don't think that's enough to beat WWH/WBH anymore. For the TLDR version, Thor can beat most Hulks but not Pak's Hulk.
    3. Seriously? You think I lowball Thor that much? I said Wolverine is faster than Thor in combat speed and reaction times, that doesn't mean I think he can beat a full powered Thor. Thor with Mjolnir would stomp Wolverine into the ground and with his weather manipulation, Thor could still tag Wolverine with lightning. Take away Mjolnir and his weather powers, then yes Wolverine does beat Thor IMO.

Honestly, by reading your posts you don´t seem to be a Thor fan like you say you are, well, let me correct this, you my be a Thor fan but I am pretty sure you do something similar to what I do which is the next.

My favourite superheroes list proves this comment otherwise. Take a look at what I've said for Thor and where he is on my list, then try to maintain this view. I've commented on the Thor boards a lot regarding this current Female Thor fiasco regarding my dissatisfaction with this move. Why would I make comments like that if I wasn't a Thor fan?

I go to the battle forum and use that against Superman, not because I don´t like him, but because that way my character (Thor) has more chances to beat him

Bully for you, aren't you a loyal Thor fan for doing that. I assume you mean stuff like Ocean Master electrocuting Superman even though later in the Throne of Atlantis storyline, Aquaman tanks that same lightning later on without being KOed?

and I think that´s what you do, you like Thor but I have never seen you debate for him

I was actually trying to sort out a Thor vs Black Bolt debate before I got roped into the Superman/Hulk vs Invincible team CAV, and you haven't seen me debate for him because you either haven't seen the threads where I've supported Thor more recently, or the threads where I do support Thor on the battle forums were from years ago, which was before your time. I would advise not making hasty and false presumptions, I have defended Thor on other threads before your time on CV. The ones you've seen are threads where I don't think Thor wins, and that's what you've based this post on.

you just comment on his low showings so your character (Superman) has more chances to beat him. Don´t tell me you don´t do it because of that, because I know you do, you wouldn´t be fooling anyone

Loading Video...

Who do I think I'm fooling? Who do you think you're fooling with this claim? And too bad, because I am going to tell you exactly that I don't do that. If you want to admit your favouritism towards Thor just because you like him, that's up to you. But I don't think that way. I bring up Thor's speed feats because he's consistently shown to be slow in combat and reaction speeds ever since the 1980s. That's 4 straight decades of Thor being unable to react to street levellers or superhumans without having to use Mjolnir, his powers or AOE attacks. That's not bias, those are how I see the feats and their consistency.

I don't know why you fail to understand this just because I appear to have a track record of going against Thor but as hard as it seems to understand, I kind of don't factor personal preference into who I think wins in a fight. I favour reason, evidence and logic when coming to battle conclusions rather than playing favourites. And I think Superman beats Thor because he's at least as strong, if not stronger, more durable and faster than Thor. Not because I prefer Superman to Thor. By your current logic, I prefer every character I think Thor can be beaten by, surely even you can see the problem after you made this comment.

Thor may not be as fast as DC powerhouses on his level, but claiming he is slower than people such as Captain America is ridiculous man, while depowered he had no problem keeping up with Steve, he actually saved him and proved to be just as skilled if not more.

So why did Thor have trouble tagging Cap then? And when you compare their feats, Steve does hold an edge in speed and reactions compared to Thor in combat scenarios. Where Steve can see bullets in slow motion, reacted to Quicksilver level speedsters directly (not via AOE) and tag Wolverine consistently, I'm afraid no matter how much you like Thor, Cap fights and reacts quicker than he does. As for Thor being skilled as Steve, that's an inconsistent and contradictory argument to say the least. Thor may be supposed to be more skilled than Steve based on his thousands of years experience. But by feats, he doesn't fight as well as street levellers with only decades of combat experience. He doesn't use his fighting skills very often compared to brute force, the story arc your example is from involved Thor's powers being taken away so there was no other way for him to fight back and writers rarely show Thor's skill in combat. You cannot fixate yourself on one singular example to support your opinion, that isn't good enough.

By the way, sorry if that came out rude or like I am attacking you, that´s not the case, you are a pretty cool user and I don´t want to make any more enemies haha.

Didn't come off as the former but you did sound a little too close to the latter I'm afraid. Especially your accusation towards me in the middle.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@thor_parker82:

1. Based on her feats of soloing the Guardians of the Galaxy and either matching or beating Thor bar her plot weakness to lightning, I'd say she is on Thor's level. There isn't much to go on for Angela otherwise.
    2. It depends on the version of Hulk Thor is fighting, you know that. Thor would beat Savage, Grey and Professor Hulk IMO. Maestro too, at least as how Maestro's limited feats stand. After seeing Hulk experts use him in the battle forums and CAV debates, I do think World Breaker Hulk would defeat Thor for a majority. Green Scar/WWH possibly as well, since his defense might be enough to withstand all but Thor's best offense. Thor should win if he fought smart like we think he can do. Planetary strikes, hammer throws that can stun the Phoenix, lightning powerful enough to harm cosmic beings, the wind of a thousand worlds, energy draining and more are just some of the ways Thor would beat Hulk IMO. However, Thor does not fight like a smart tactical warrior. CIS affects how he fights. His approach to a battle is almost always to use brute force, hammer throws and the occasional lightning bolt thrown in. A very simplistic and basic approach. And I don't think that's enough to beat WWH/WBH anymore. For the TLDR version, Thor can beat most Hulks but not Pak's Hulk.
    3. Seriously? You think I lowball Thor that much? I said Wolverine is faster than Thor in combat speed and reaction times, that doesn't mean I think he can beat a full powered Thor. Thor with Mjolnir would stomp Wolverine into the ground and with his weather manipulation, Thor could still tag Wolverine with lightning. Take away Mjolnir and his weather powers, then yes Wolverine does beat Thor IMO.

My favourite superheroes list proves this comment otherwise. Take a look at what I've said for Thor and where he is on my list, then try to maintain this view. I've commented on the Thor boards a lot regarding this current Female Thor fiasco regarding my dissatisfaction with this move. Why would I make comments like that if I wasn't a Thor fan?

I go to the battle forum and use that against Superman, not because I don´t like him, but because that way my character (Thor) has more chances to beat him

Bully for you, aren't you a loyal Thor fan for doing that. I assume you mean stuff like Ocean Master electrocuting Superman even though later in the Throne of Atlantis storyline, Aquaman tanks that same lightning later on without being KOed?

and I think that´s what you do, you like Thor but I have never seen you debate for him

I was actually trying to sort out a Thor vs Black Bolt debate before I got roped into the Superman/Hulk vs Invincible team CAV, and you haven't seen me debate for him because you either haven't seen the threads where I've supported Thor more recently, or the threads where I do support Thor on the battle forums were from years ago, which was before your time. I would advise not making hasty and false presumptions, I have defended Thor on other threads before your time on CV. The ones you've seen are threads where I don't think Thor wins, and that's what you've based this post on.

you just comment on his low showings so your character (Superman) has more chances to beat him. Don´t tell me you don´t do it because of that, because I know you do, you wouldn´t be fooling anyone

Loading Video...

Who do I think I'm fooling? Who do you think you're fooling with this claim? And too bad, because I am going to tell you exactly that I don't do that. If you want to admit your favouritism towards Thor just because you like him, that's up to you. But I don't think that way. I bring up Thor's speed feats because he's consistently shown to be slow in combat and reaction speeds ever since the 1980s. That's 4 straight decades of Thor being unable to react to street levellers or superhumans without having to use Mjolnir, his powers or AOE attacks. That's not bias, those are how I see the feats and their consistency.

I don't know why you fail to understand this just because I appear to have a track record of going against Thor but as hard as it seems to understand, I kind of don't factor personal preference into who I think wins in a fight. I favour reason, evidence and logic when coming to battle conclusions rather than playing favourites. And I think Superman beats Thor because he's at least as strong, if not stronger, more durable and faster than Thor. Not because I prefer Superman to Thor. By your current logic, I prefer every character I think Thor can be beaten by, surely even you can see the problem after you made this comment.

Thor may not be as fast as DC powerhouses on his level, but claiming he is slower than people such as Captain America is ridiculous man, while depowered he had no problem keeping up with Steve, he actually saved him and proved to be just as skilled if not more.

So why did Thor have trouble tagging Cap then? And when you compare their feats, Steve does hold an edge in speed and reactions compared to Thor in combat scenarios. Where Steve can see bullets in slow motion, reacted to Quicksilver level speedsters directly (not via AOE) and tag Wolverine consistently, I'm afraid no matter how much you like Thor, Cap fights and reacts quicker than he does. As for Thor being skilled as Steve, that's an inconsistent and contradictory argument to say the least. Thor may be supposed to be more skilled than Steve based on his thousands of years experience. But by feats, he doesn't fight as well as street levellers with only decades of combat experience. He doesn't use his fighting skills very often compared to brute force, the story arc your example is from involved Thor's powers being taken away so there was no other way for him to fight back and writers rarely show Thor's skill in combat. You cannot fixate yourself on one singular example to support your opinion, that isn't good enough.

Didn't come off as the former but you did sound a little too close to the latter I'm afraid. Especially your accusation towards me in the middle.

+1

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Thor-Parker

@lvenger:

I said I believed you were a Thor fan, but you tend to use his low showings when it comes to speed, which is something understeandable, considering that in a fight between Thor and Superman, speed is the only thing Clark has going for him.

I don´t see how does that makes me a bully or not a loyal fan, I read Superman because I like him, but when I see a showing that Thor could use to his favor to beat Superman, I use it, I don´t see anything bad in that.

I never said you didn´t debate for Thor, I said I haven´t seen you do it, and I´ve seen you in plenty of threads regarding Thor.

I´m pretty sure that´s what you do man, and everyone has favoritism for a character, I mean, that´s why they are called "favorite characters", but that has nothing to do with my view on who wins in a battle, favoritisim doesn´t have anything to do with battles, I don´t understand why you are comparing them. Silver Surfer should beat Thor every single time, so does Ultron, I have favoritism towards Thor and not for Surfer and Ultron, that doesn´t mean it changes my perspective on a battle.

Neither do I, like I mentioned above, I base battles on showings and feats, in comics, Thor has beaten Surfer, but by feats I think Norrin should beat Thor most of the times, I also know that Ultron beats Thor, so does Thanos, so does WBH, because they are stronger, more durable and have striking power enough to knock him out, I prefer Thor to any of the characters I mentioned, yet I know they would beat Thor, you are kind of accusing me of giving Thor the win just because I prefer him to certain characters, which is not true at all. I think Thor would beat Superman because he is just as strong, he is actually more durable, speed enough to react to him and much better striking power, not because I prefer Thor.

Btw, it was unnecessary to post JJJ laughing man.

Probably becayse he was holding back against the mortal he esteemes the most as proven during Kang´s Dynasty, this is actually proven later when he dented Cap´s shield and apologized to him while stating he didn´t mean to do that, that he sometimes forget how powerful the Odin Force is.

Cap can see bullets in sow motion, so he is not slow at all and even then Thor has plenty of feats to put him above Cap, such as reacting to Thor Girl´s lightning and blocking it with Mjolnir, you, like half of Comic Vine just look at Thor´s low showings in speed. So if we look at Thor´s good speed feats, he is easily above Cap in speed, and this is proven when he is depowered and kept up with Cap and saved him, this instance is completely legit, I don´t know why you have a problem with it.

Well, I apologize man, I was just pointing out something, but if that´s not the case I´m sorry, like I said, you are a pretty cool user and I don´t want to have problems with you, I have plenty of enemies in here already haha.

@truth_teller: Go away SodamYat.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being able to perceive and being to react to what's being perceived is two different things. Thor is able to track things moving FTL but can't move his body that fast to react which is why he either

A. Uses an AoE attack

B. Counters i.e like he did against Hyperion.

People always try to use his "lack of speed" as to why he would lose in a fight against an opponent faster than him yet he's consistently written to be able to hold is own against people in his weight class that are faster than him. 9/10 the scans being used to justify Thor as "slowdinson" are scans of him against a street leveler who if Thor plucked would kill instantly. But when he fights against a character in his weight class the argument "well that character never used their speed in battle" comes up. But how many of these characters with super speed consistently effectively use their speed? How many times have FTL characters been tagged by characters/objects that shouldn't even be able to get close to them? How many times have characters who are confirmed bullet dodgers been tagged by people who move far slower than bullets? Speed is probably them most inconsistent thing in comics yet people on Battle Forums believe speed = auto win.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Did you read the CaV between Ghostravage and Thorparker where ghostravage used Superman and Thorparker used the guy in his name? If yes, then what did you think of Ghostravage's words on Thors speed?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being able to perceive and being to react to what's being perceived is two different things. Thor is able to track things moving FTL but can't move his body that fast to react which is why he either

A. Uses an AoE attack

B. Counters i.e like he did against Hyperion.

People always try to use his "lack of speed" as to why he would lose in a fight against an opponent faster than him yet he's consistently written to be able to hold is own against people in his weight class that are faster than him. 9/10 the scans being used to justify Thor as "slowdinson" are scans of him against a street leveler who if Thor plucked would kill instantly. But when he fights against a character in his weight class the argument "well that character never used their speed in battle" comes up. But how many of these characters with super speed consistently effectively use their speed? How many times have FTL characters been tagged by characters/objects that shouldn't even be able to get close to them? How many times have characters who are confirmed bullet dodgers been tagged by people who move far slower than bullets? Speed is probably them most inconsistent thing in comics yet people on Battle Forums believe speed = auto win.

QFT

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: You can't really have a good debate in regards of Thor's speed because most users on here don't even do their own research lol. Countless threads there's someone posting someone else's post which is wrong which is why all this misinformation is being spread about. The same 4-5 scans/instances get used over and over again and the people using them don't haven't even read the issues or know the context behind the scans.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82: You can't really have a good debate in regards of Thor's speed because most users on here don't even do their own research lol. Countless threads there's someone posting someone else's post which is wrong which is why all this misinformation is being spread about. The same 4-5 scans/instances get used over and over again and the people using them don't haven't even read the issues or know the context behind the scans.

Exactly, right now I have 2 more speed feats for the Thor thread, make sure to check it out in an hour.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: The scan of Cap calling Masterson Thor slow get used a lot. Isn't Masterson the one that tagged Hermes?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cream_God

@cgoodness: The scan of Cap calling Masterson Thor slow get used a lot. Isn't Masterson the one that tagged Hermes?

No i think that was Thor when he had his bones all messed up

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By uugieboogie

@cgoodness: You sure? He looks just like the Masterson Thor with the beard and helmet covering his face. It was Masterson Thor that broke out the adamantine binds in Olympus. I'll look for the scan.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: You sure? He looks just like the Masterson Thor with the beard and helmet covering his face. It was Masterson Thor that broke out the adamantine binds in Olympus. I'll look for the scan.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That is brittle bone Thor (cursed by Hela)

No Caption Provided

Which is the one that caught Hermes

No Caption Provided

and broke Olympian metal

No Caption Provided

This is Masterson (lacks the Golden helmet and arms), though they do look similar

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Okay cool I didn't remember the face mask. The fact he could track Hermes proves the point that he can perceive faster objects and people.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Okay cool I didn't remember the face mask. The fact he could track Hermes proves the point that he can perceive faster objects and people.

He can, though i have no clue how fast Hermes actually is

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

He can, though i have no clue how fast Hermes actually is

I know the other Avengers couldn't see him besides one other IIRC.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By dum529001

@uugieboogie said:

Yep. Most people on this website do not read comics, especially the comics they talk about in a debate.

Its a wonderland of trolling and lowballing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By kheranlord12

It depend on the writers. He once Saved Red Hulk when he was being pulled by the black hole and one time he threw his hammer to the further reach of the universe and the hammer return to him in 60 seconds. Thor speed feats are inconsistent.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By uugieboogie

@warlord1234: People will argue that's only a travel speed feat but that one feat there proves my point that he can perceive things faster than he can move his body because flying that those speeds of he didn't have fast enough reactions he wouldn't even be able to see Rulk while he was going that fast. If he was so slow he shouldn't have been able to move his hand fast enough to grab Rulk either. But people don't look at it that way.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor only has super speed when it comes to "travel flight speed" (and that's only thanks to the hammer-not him), when it comes to reaction time like his reflexes then no, he doesn't have super speed like guys such as Superman, the Flash, Wonder Woman or even yes guys Spider-Man (agility and acrobatics). Anyway now that is cleared, here is a scan of Thor we rarely see:

No Caption Provided

Yes guys you've guessed, after images

Erediore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Erediore

@cgoodness: Some things to note for you.

During Blood and Thunder, Thor didn't was under Warrior Madness, he beaten Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock and The Infinity Watch on his own, this was the first time we have ever seen a no-holding-back and no-morals Thor, as proven here:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111176815/4564395-8255222927-43758.jpg

Another thing, indeed Thor was swating Iron Man attempt at blitzing him, not his LS repulsor beams.

With Quicksilver, keep in mind that while he might have been distracted, he could pretty much be in China as Thor ever raised his hammer, let alone the whole "jump" move he did (as you perfectly described it), Thor could hit the ground and deliver the AoE attack before he could do anything, even jump and avoid the AoE or be 100 miles away before Thor hit the ground.

With Hyperion, I don't see he actually connected, we could argue both ways as Thor is blocking the visuals, he says something but can even be for being hit or as an act-reflex of him dodging Hyperion and swating him away.

Any claim about flying speed not accounting for reflex speed comes down to this:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/1YsBn.jpg

It is Thor who controls Mjolnir's path while flying, so he is the one thinking and reacting in those speeds, even as he fly MFTL, he is the one dodging every possible object in his deep space flights, objects like, meteorites, floating chunks of rocks, comets, planets, moons, spaceships, stars, etc. In other words, he sees things comming at him at the speeds he travels at and he makes Mjolnir move to dodge them, without Mjolnir Thor still sees MFTL things comming at him, even tho he doesn't entirely moves at those speeds, as he himself can hurl Mjolnir twice the speed of light and more than that, then he is able to predict his opponent moves and dodge in time with speed enough to not let his opponent change his move.

Plus - Before Masterson, the original Thor Odinson, failed the speed test as he surpassed the exercise's difficulty, indeed in a blink of an eye, he hits all the bolas before they could reach to him with multidirectional and pin-point lightning, as seen here:

A) https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111189259/5814243-context+is+a+bitch+1.jpg

B) https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111189259/5814247-context+is+a+bitch+2.jpg

Besides, the speed is always put as if it was Thor's Achilles heels, when it isn't, another scenario is that speed is used as if characters speedblitzed 24/7 in 100% of the occurrences, when they only use it if forced to do so, speed alone hasn't been shown to be something to beat Thor, remember Juvan and Zefra were created with Thor's blood, if memory serves me well, yet Thor beaten one and catched the other, while one claimed being the faster being in combat and the other became a blurry running figure, yet Thor shown no problems with her.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a scan to show how quick he is though (though this could be the effort of the hammer and not him) where he reacts before being grabbed by a giant:

No Caption Provided

Much similar to the first scan I posted where we after images of Thor flying in space carrying Odin's eye, here's a comical "speed" feat where we see an after image of Thor:

No Caption Provided

Thor's facial expression, lol

Avatar image for homelandersweak
    Homelandersweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see thor is extremely fast however writers don't emphasize on his speed as much as his other powers I hope one day a writer will give us thors true speed and finally put the slowdinson nick name to rest

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who’s writing

Marshkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I could show you a scan fighting at LS and beta ray bill explaining how his perception works. He can do everything suoerman and flash can we are simply just not shown his pov like they are shown. We are shown speed from flash and suoerman’s eyes for the most part. We usually see Thor’s from the outside viewing him. So we don’t normally see his slowed perception as BRB explains. He could easily perceive milliseconds as hours and move around in this perception. His limbs can do this. 8 years ago saying this nonsense

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.