Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Mjolnirs strange new power!

bacacar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So girl Thor appears to have a strange effect on Mjolnir. First, it transforms her from a sickly human into a goddess with superpowers, pretty much like He-man and She-ra transform(minus "by the power of..."). It never did that for Odinson. Then Odinson himself admits, it never flew for him like it does for her. And now, after she fought Odin on equal footing and was actually winning, it seems it gives her power as if she was its rightful owner and Odinson was just allowed to use it(cause he is basically unchanged since he became unworthy). Finally, in this latest issue, it transformed into Jane Foster to save girl Thor from being exposed to who she really is. My question is, is Mjolnir sentient, or was she making it transform without even knowing. It actually talked to her as Jane and told her why it did what it did, and why it chose her. The next issue The Mighty Thor 012 is named "The Untold Origin of Mjolnir". What do you guys think of this? I for one am hyped for the next issue! :-)

Scans:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all pretty ridiculous to be honest. As far as Jane's transformation is concerned, Thor used to have the human identity of Donald Blake in the comics from the 60s through the 70s, which was eventually kind of retconned and explained as Odin having made Thor mortal and rather weak and sickly as a punishment and to teach him humility.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Asgaard

Mjolnir never was sentient or character in the all canon till the end of 2014, its just W.I.S. & P.I.S. for the Pr, where this (anecdotal) excuse is used to make Jane the female version of Thor (looks, speech, behavior, battle decisions) without her actually being a warrior or Asgardian...

Also why people only now have the character Mjolnir preoccupation since we knew it was a character since the beginning of the Pr? Can't count how many time i said how ridiculous/stupid character Mjolnir was/is...

Seriously... And there's still people saying that this comic is great.... That scans are atrocious and think they come from the same writer of Gorr the God Butcher...

DragonKing123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: its Jason Aaron, the same writer who wrote Gorr the God Butcher.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacacar said:

So girl Thor appears to have a strange effect on Mjolnir. First, it transforms her from a sickly human into a goddess with superpowers, pretty much like He-man and She-ra transform(minus "by the power of..."). It never did that for Odinson. Then Odinson himself admits, it never flew for him like it does for her. And now, after she fought Odin on equal footing and was actually winning, it seems it gives her power as if she was its rightful owner and Odinson was just allowed to use it(cause he is basically unchanged since he became unworthy). Finally, in this latest issue, it transformed into Jane Foster to save girl Thor from being exposed to who she really is. My question is, is Mjolnir sentient, or was she making it transform without even knowing. It actually talked to her as Jane and told her why it did what it did, and why it chose her. The next issue The Mighty Thor 012 is named "The Untold Origin of Mjolnir". What do you guys think of this? I for one am hyped for the next issue! :-)

it is because of the enchantment.. whosoever holds this hammer, if he/she may be worthy, shall have the POWER OF THOR. thats why it gives her power. and makes thor seems like he is only using it. all of thors inborn powers will be transfer to the wielder. nad remember that there are things that mjolnir did show in the past that are not shown anymore. but im still not liking jane-thor. there are things that mjolnir did with thor before that was shown in this series with jane but "this was the first time mjolnir did it", i think aaron forgot to do his homework >_<

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times in comics (and other mediums) do characters pull powers out of their nether spaces?

Heck, Superman is the poster boy for 'power used once and forgotten'.

bacacar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Odinson is worthy now. What happens when they meet? There was one panel in these comics where he was held captive by someone, and on the ground was a hammer that looks like Stormbreaker.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacacar said:

Also, Odinson is worthy now. What happens when they meet? There was one panel in these comics where he was held captive by someone, and on the ground was a hammer that looks like Stormbreaker.

Haven't read it yet. Was it Ultimate Thor's hammer?

vikingraider65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vikingraider65

@bacacar said:

He's not worthy yet. That will (hopefully) be resolved in the Unworthy Thor mini-series. The hammer you see is the Ultimate Thor's hammer that's been sitting in old Asgard since the end of Secret Wars.

As for Mjolnir's strange behavior, since it was infused with some of Thor's essence awhile back when it was broken, I really think, and I hate to say this, but I think the hammer is in love with Jane.

bacacar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bacacar

@vikingraider65: Wait, didn't he become worthy in the fight against beyonders? Then again, I didn't read all of Secret Wars, so I have no idea what happened after that.

"but I think the hammer is in love with Jane"

Lel, that would be a good plot twist! :D

vikingraider65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacacar said:

@vikingraider65: Wait, didn't he become worthy in the fight against beyonders? Then again, I didn't read all of Secret Wars, so I have no idea what happened after that.

Lel, that would be a good plot twist! :D

I'm still confused on the fight with the Beyonders myself. Apparently he's not unworthy enough to hold Thorr's hammer, but not completely worthy either. I just hope there's a lot of answers soon.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there's an epic enough facepalm gif for that scan.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not enough facepalm in all time and space...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can get behind the hammer being some what sentient but makeing copy's of people ? Come on Aaron pull your head out your ass.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@haveatthee said:

There's not enough facepalm in all time and space...

nnelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacacar: So Mjolnir is a sentient being now??? I cannot believe people love this hacks writing. Personally I think people only buy because of the art. Shitty writing like this is why I haven't read Mighty Thor in 2 years. I also think people defend this garbage because it's a woman named Thor.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said in another thread, looking back on everything involving Thor post 2007, they should've left him and all Asgard dead in 2004.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just wish he would come back and claim his birth right and that is the hammer. Does he need it no but it is his and his alone. I would understand if he said for a season I will lend you Mjolnir but in times of need I want her back. After all he is a god and they treat time not the same as we do. 10 years or 300 means nothing to him. However what is his is his. He should call the hammer from time to time just to say. This belongs to me. Worthy or not she comes when called.

Thor unworthy makes no sense he is a warrior born that is what makes him worthy not did he save a kitten in a tree did he do the right thing? No the answer is did he kick some giant in the nads and fight the good fight did he act like a warrior born and put up when it was caled for. The answer is yes he did and will continue to do so.

Worthy crap what in the world is Jason smoking?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.