Mjolnir retcon....

• 59 results
#51 Edited by thor321 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: he was not beaten. he was OWNED literally.

Odin facefloored him and he was done.

No Caption Provided

but we have to get this because she is a woman and a better Thor with new retconed origin of the hammer by giving us some female galaxy sized Mother Storm who is basically on par with Odin.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#52 Posted by stormphoenix (6051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: AH dude don't embarrass him like that LOL. We'll there is nothing we can do about it ;-(

#53 Edited by thor321 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: sorry, I'm too salty lately because of Marvel comics and movies.

#54 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (11456 posts) - - Show Bio

Fuck you Jason Aaron, I hope after you´re done with Thor you´re fired and no one ever hires you again, so you get the hell away from comic books forever and don´t come back.

#55 Posted by HaveAtThee (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

They should've left Thor alone after 2004.

#56 Posted by kiba (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I even want to know why Odin and Jane are fighting? I'm preparing myself of an eye roll that may kill me.

#57 Posted by blackleg (585 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11 said:

See my overall problem with this retcon is that it adds nothing to the ongoing Thor mythos. It was solely created to appeal and pander to a reason as to why Jane could be quote on quote "worthy" of Mjolnir and all it does is just blatantly shit on established lore that for the most part was never some massive focal point of most Thor's books.

Aaron is showing us why Jane should be worthy. Hes giving excuses as to why the hammer might follow her command which in my mind are very contrived. Nothing shes done in these 2 years has given me and others any reason as to why shes deserving of the hammer.

Odin is a being beyond Mjolnir. Beyond Jane. There is no reason he shouldn't be able to take the hammer, depower her, and send her soul to Hela's realm. Thor himself has proven to be more than worthy, time and time again. At this point retreading why he should be worthy of Mjolnir just gets really old and redundant if not satirical in nature.

Now I've said before....Sif wielding Mjolnir while Thor goes on a journey of personal discovery and possibly forges his own hammer would be great to see for a while. But this?

Nope.

100% this ^

Avatar image for redwhiteandbluesupes
#58 Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: See my overall problem with this retcon is that it adds nothing to the ongoing Thor mythos. It was solely created to appeal and pander to a reason as to why Jane could be quote on quote "worthy" of Mjolnir and all it does is just blatantly shit on established lore that for the most part was never some massive focal point of most Thor's books.^^^^this

#59 Posted by British_Loki (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone have scans of Mjolnir's retcon?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.