Mangog is back!

#1 Posted by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio

In the end of The Mighty Thor #17, we found out that the Shi'ar Gods have and ultimate judgment, which happened to be none other than the Mangog! How does everyone feel that we will see the Mangog once again?

He hasn't been getting the best treatment since we seen him fighting the Avengers and Thunderstrike (his power level seemingly less impressive), but I'm sure Aaron is going to write him like a beast here. Also, I think the long question of who is more formidable, the Destroyer Amour or Mangog could finally be answered in the next issue!

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by MOWJACK (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: Jane is about to fight the Phoenix force in the next issue but yeah a confident gladiator got his butt handed to him by DA.

#3 Edited by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MOWJACK (278 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack said:

@newworldorder: oi oi it would be pis

Yeah, but you already know Aaron is going to let the flaming bird get a beatdown like everyone who goes against Jane.

#6 Edited by MOWJACK (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: I don't think so cuz in the solicitation it's mentioned that she would seek Quentin quires help and in mighty Thor #19 Thor will join her,she may end up hurting the Phoenix but imo that's the best she can do besides in the upcoming unworthy Thor #5 Thor is battling thanos I want to see how this fight turns out.

#7 Edited by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack said:

@newworldorder: I don't think so cuz in the solicitation it's mentioned that she would seek Quentin quires help and in mighty Thor #19 Thor will join her,she may end up hurting the Phoenix but imo that's the best she can do besides in the upcoming unworthy Thor #5 Thor is battling thanos I want to see how this fight turns out.

That's true, I could very well see her harming the Phoenix or summoning a large storm against it. I'm more interested in Thor against Thanos and Mangog though.

#8 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

Good shout, I didn't realise that was Mangog's hand until I saw this thread. It makes sense though since Mangog showed up in that double page spread of Jane and the enemies she'd face in Thor: God of Thunder #25. It would be very cool if Aaron wrote a Destroyer vs Mangog fight to answer who is the mightier Thor enemy.

#9 Posted by Thorthunder98 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the real Thor gonna appear in the comic to help fight the phoenix force with Jane also idk why Mangog is the 'final judgement' or whatever it was doesn't really make sense to me why he's appearing but OK

#10 Edited by TheRKThor (16 posts) - - Show Bio

No entity can defeat the might of Jane Fraudsthor...

#11 Posted by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Good shout, I didn't realise that was Mangog's hand until I saw this thread. It makes sense though since Mangog showed up in that double page spread of Jane and the enemies she'd face in Thor: God of Thunder #25. It would be very cool if Aaron wrote a Destroyer vs Mangog fight to answer who is the mightier Thor enemy.

No problem man.

I had to double take myself when I saw that hand and realized it belonged to none other than the Mangog. I recall the cover spread and was awaiting his arrival. Hopefully, Jason writes him to his full potential here and doesn't make him job. I hope we see him against the Destroyer.

#12 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: I hope Dauterman draws that fight, as much as I hate Aaron's writing, Dauterman's art is stunning.

#13 Posted by NewWorldOrder (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@newworldorder: I hope Dauterman draws that fight, as much as I hate Aaron's writing, Dauterman's art is stunning.

Agreed!

#14 Posted by HaveAtThee (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Mangog concept and character, but he's about to be jobbed out.

#15 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

Another classic uber-powerful character that's about to job to Jane. Jane-Thor reminds me alot of the Loebforce Rulk. Nothing but established popular-powerful characters jobbing to make the new character look good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.