Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Thor Odinson really destroyed???

• 73 results
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@goodboy6 said:
    @haveatthee said:

Thor, like Steve Rogers, is being put on the shelf (relatively speaking) for a while. He'll be back sooner or later and it's a good bet whoever succeeds Aaron as the Thor scribe may even can the whole "Destroyer Arm" wannabe-Cable look.

I hope so.I mean I can swallow somehow that he lost his hammer,but his arm???that was too much.

He probably will get his arm back at some point in the future, though be prepared for the Twitterverse to go ape5h!t over it and be all offended about how giving Thor his arm back denigrates amputees.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @haveatthee said:

Thor, like Steve Rogers, is being put on the shelf (relatively speaking) for a while. He'll be back sooner or later and it's a good bet whoever succeeds Aaron as the Thor scribe may even can the whole "Destroyer Arm" wannabe-Cable look.

I hope so.I mean I can swallow somehow that he lost his hammer,but his arm???that was too much.

He probably will get his arm back at some point in the future, though be prepared for the Twitterverse to go ape5h!t over it and be all offended about how giving Thor his arm back denigrates amputees.

not really.in the future(10,000 years later)he still have his metal arm.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Sure, if we're going by current Marvel writers/editorial, but things tend to get retconned all the time, so who knows what will happen in the future.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Sure, if we're going by current Marvel writers/editorial, but things tend to get retconned all the time, so who knows what will happen in the future.

true.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: It just would not surprise me at all that Thor gets "restored" to full vigor and worthiness in a couple years time once Aaron moves on.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: It just would not surprise me at all that Thor gets "restored" to full vigor and worthiness in a couple years time once Aaron moves on.

doubtful but it can happen.if they wanted some woman to be equal at Thors strength and power then they should have created her.but no,they needed to destroy one character to create another strong woman.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

doubtful but it can happen.if they wanted some woman to be equal at Thors strength and power then they should have created her.but no,they needed to destroy one character to create another strong woman.

Jane? Equal to Thor's in strength? Huginn and Muninn would kick her ... She is very far away from being a strong character in terms of power levels, she is just a host for the hammer, the writing/execution is terrible but i don't get why people see it as more than a big Arc, who was in Loki/Angela comic even after being unworthy? Jane will never be Odin's daughter or Loki's/Angela's/Balder's sister, original Thor is still and always will be the the Asgardian anchor doesn't matter how big the PR is, you just can't erase all the Asgardian worldbuilding because everything always was about Thor the son of Odin, perhaps too much about him because Asgard has a lot of cool characters (not Thordis) that need more spotlight...

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

Jane? Equal to Thor's in strength? Huginn and Muninn would kick her ... She is very far away from being a strong character in terms of power levels, she is just a host for the hammer, the writing/execution is terrible but i don't get why people see it as more than a big Arc, who was in Loki/Angela comic even after being unworthy? Jane will never be Odin's daughter or Loki's/Angela's/Balder's sister, original Thor is still and always will be the the Asgardian anchor doesn't matter how big the PR is, you just can't erase all the Asgardian worldbuilding because everything always was about Thor the son of Odin, perhaps too much about him because Asgard has a lot of cool characters (not Thordis) that need more spotlight...

well the description says "Whosoever holds this hammer,if he/she be worthy,shall posses the power of Thor".what I originally meant is that if they want to make some female character to be stronger or equal to Thor then they should make a new one.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

well the description says "Whosoever holds this hammer,if he/she be worthy,shall posses the power of Thor".what I originally meant is that if they want to make some female character to be stronger or equal to Thor then they should make a new one.

Actually the hammer never had own will in the all canon and gave Jane a lot more than the power of Thor, unlike for example Steve when he was worthy in Fear Itself, obviously P.I.S. for the Pr stunt, this was never meant to be a new character, just the temporary fantasy of a female version Thor for the target demographic... Even after some issue Jane/Thordis is just irrelevant for Asgard unlike Angela...

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GoodBoy6

@asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

Actually the hammer never had own will in the all canon and gave Jane a lot more than the power of Thor, unlike for example Steve when he was worthy in Fear Itself, obviously P.I.S. for the Pr stunt, this was never meant to be a new character, just the temporary fantasy of a female version Thor for the target demographic... Even after some issue Jane/Thordis is just irrelevant for Asgard unlike Angela...

well,yeah.I dont have a problem about female Thor its just that our Thor is really fucked up in the process.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Asgaard

@goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

well,yeah.I dont have a problem about female Thor its just that our Thor is really fucked up in the process.

Well i really dislike Thordis because she is the reason why present Thor comic sucks ( 90s quality level), Aaron inexplicably ignored a lot of core stuff for the fantasy and just didn't build anything, obviously agree that if you are not constructing anything there is no reason/purpose to write Thor and Odin like Aaron did...

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @antithetical said:

Well i really dislike Thordis because she is the reason why present Thor comic sucks ( 90s quality level), Aaron inexplicably ignored a lot of core stuff for the fantasy and just didn't build anything, obviously agree that if you are not constructing anything there is no reason/purpose to write Thor and Odin like Aaron did...

I hope that Aaron gets fired :).

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By phantomjolt

@goodboy6: Why didn't thors arm grow back doesn't he have a healing factor.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Why didn't thors arm grow back doesn't he have a healing factor.

he has but not that great.he cannot be cut by anything except some powerful weapons like Jarnbjorg,Odinsword and etc.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

I hate Aaron

I believe that 99,99% of people hates him.Im proud that I am also part of that group.

Count me in as well.
    I may be off on this, but I think these days, far too many comics are put out, plus, they are too interconnected as well.
    Back in the "old days" it was far easier to place and retain content and continuity constraints on writers.
    Now, dozens of titles are published on a monthly basis, and that, and the accompanying deadlines make it quite a chore
    to tell a writer "no, that is just stupid and wrong - do it over and never try to pull that again!".

Thoughts?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GoodBoy6

@spykat said:
    @goodboy6 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

I hate Aaron

I believe that 99,99% of people hates him.Im proud that I am also part of that group.

Count me in as well.

I may be off on this, but I think these days, far too many comics are put out, plus, they are too interconnected as well.

Back in the "old days" it was far easier to place and retain content and continuity constraints on writers.

Now, dozens of titles are published on a monthly basis, and that, and the accompanying deadlines make it quite a chore

to tell a writer "no, that is just stupid and wrong - do it over and never try to pull that again!".

Thoughts?

welcome aboard :).

yeah its hard to follow,really.Im lost since Secret Wars.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuity helps establish a "shared universe." Less continuity means essentially nothing ever changes. I think the "sliding timescale" idea finally fell apart for Marvel and they're trying to dust off their universe, so to speak.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we please stop asking this question over and over again ? At this point everyone should have a rough idea of what the answer is we don't need this to be asked every dame day.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By OmegaHans

@spykat: They wouldn't bother anyway. If they'll greenlight armless Odinson and Jane-Thor they'll greenlight anything.

This is the same generation of writing teams that had Rulk swinging the hammer without a clue of being worthy or not. Point being anything goes these days.

Lot of people forget they tried to give Jane powers before back in either the 70s or 80s I forget which, she didn't want to be a super powered Asgardian and the idea failed then. Same with Secret Wars and Civil War titles all over again. What makes today's writers think they can use the same ideas is secretly they think "oh I can do better than that writer did", while failing to realize it wasn't the writer at fault; it was the idea.

And "oh, but it sold". So what? Only because you threw it enough in the media and hope it stuck to the wall to please the corporates, then the reader opens the book and what do you know? Didn't live up to it's hype!

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spykat: They wouldn't bother anyway. If they'll greenlight armless Odinson and Jane-Thor they'll greenlight anything.

Lot of people forget they tried to give Jane powers before, she didn't want them and the idea failed then. Same with Secret Wars and Civil War titles all over again. What makes today's writers think they can use the same ideas is secretly they think "oh I can do better than that writer did", while failing to realize it wasn't the writer at fault; it was the idea.

And "oh, but it sold". So what? Only because you threw it enough in the media and hope it stuck to the wall, then the reader opens the book and what do you know? Didn't live up to it's hype!

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the same generation of writing teams that had Rulk swinging the hammer without a clue of being worthy or not. Point being anything goes these days.

Lot of people forget they tried to give Jane powers before back in either the 70s or 80s I forget which, she didn't want to be a super powered Asgardian and the idea failed then. Same with Secret Wars and Civil War titles all over again. What makes today's writers think they can use the same ideas is secretly they think "oh I can do better than that writer did", while failing to realize it wasn't the writer at fault; it was the idea.

And "oh, but it sold". So what? Only because you threw it enough in the media and hope it stuck to the wall to please the corporates, then the reader opens the book and what do you know? Didn't live up to it's hype!

Great points.
    I think some writers come up with crazy and provocative crap, just hoping it will "stick".
    Then they can crow "I was the one who came up with that idea. It was all me!"
    I think with this Thor diss, Thordis, Aaron is also trying to impress his progressive little friends.

MeleeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MeleeGod
    Loading Video...

its not like i hate she thor , shes okay but its quite odd women with cancer becomes worthy seems like a plot to attract more girl fans but i am sure that one of these days the real thor will comeback the odinson one

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost his arm, name and hammer. That sounds pretty destroyed to me. Hopefully he gets his arm back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.