Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is MCU Thor is so weak that.......

• 79 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@destinyman75: yea that's likely I don't see Thor losing that would be an insult also Thor losing just wouldn't advance the plot, the only way I see it is either Thor wins (unlikely), stalemate (likely) or they fight for a bit evenly then join forces

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Exactly it will be no clear winner then they will team up to get out etc

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By destinyman75

@necromancer76: What beat hulk? Yea he's actually one shotted him with a potent bolt. Classic Thor did anyway. Usually they just stalemate

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: No deflect the Destroyer Armor's damage and blow it up.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: He has deflected it and he has with OF smashed it. Takes its own power which is part of OF to do so. Or high level Cosmic might such as the celestials..

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HaveAtThee

Probably will be a good brawl for a few minutes until they both find some way to escape Sakaar together and begin the journey back to Asgard. This is supposed to be a "cosmic road trip" movie for them both, according to multiple people involved with the movie.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
    Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's thanks to Joss Whedon that this happened. Thor was a blockbusting god of destruction in the first movie, effortlessly slaying hundreds of Jotun, etc.

Then in Avengers, because Joss is a balding ginger manlet who got shoved into lockers by guys like Thor in high school he nerfed him massively so that nerd self-inserts Bruce Banner and Iron Man could beat him around. Same happened with Cap to a lesser extent. Hopefully now that he's been booted out of the Marvel game (and fresh on the way to ruin Batgirl) Thor can reach the levels of godhood he should be at.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_higashikata:

I couldn't help but laugh, LMAO. I don't think Whedon ever plotted out those scenes on such a personal level.

Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Don_Higashikata

@don_higashikata:

I couldn't help but laugh, LMAO. I don't think Whedon ever plotted out those scenes on such a personal level.

For sure he did, he's not professional enough to distance himself from the characters and paints his own preferences and biases onto the characters in his films. He's a man-baby, just compare Thor from the first movie, then from 2, then compare it to Avengers and AoU Thor. Worlds of difference. Also, he doesn't know how to shoot proper hand-to-hand action, but that's a different story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
    deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you guys are missing one thing

he's pretty fast

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_higashikata: Yes, his editing of action sequences were rather mundane I'll agree.

Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Don_Higashikata

@don_higashikata: Yes, his editing of action sequences were rather mundane I'll agree.

At least the guy who's doing Ragnarok has a solid directoral pedigree, so I hope that'll change

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_higashikata: One can hope. I'm hoping to see Asgardians actually use their magical abilities more. Yes, it'll be REALLY fun to see Thor and Hulk in an extended brawl, but beyond that I'd love to see Hela's power, Thor's power and especially Odin's power (since he's done nothing to this point). I know Marvel gave them the "alien" identity but they still have abilities beyond being durable and strong.

Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Don_Higashikata

@don_higashikata: One can hope. I'm hoping to see Asgardians actually use their magical abilities more. Yes, it'll be REALLY fun to see Thor and Hulk in an extended brawl, but beyond that I'd love to see Hela's power, Thor's power and especially Odin's power (since he's done nothing to this point). I know Marvel gave them the "alien" identity but they still have abilities beyond being durable and strong.

Same, what I'd like to see is some kind of badass moment where Odin dies and gives Thor all of his remaining power, and Thor becomes like 5x stronger and capable of summoning continent-wide storms of lightning, killing fools all over the place.

Also maybe a moment where Odin goes ham with all his power. The most impressive thing he's done is let his wife get killed with a knife and kill some Jotun with a magical spear.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By THORSON

I Always assume THOR wanted to get caught on purpose.

And yes THOR is nothing like comics and that does bother me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

I Always assume THOR wanted to get caught on purpose.

And yes THOR is nothing like comics and that does bother me.

well we got to remember if he was as powerful as his comic version he would oneshot everyone in the MCU combined XD

im thinking he will get a huge boost in this film though. cant wait to see him up against Surtur and Hela.

we already saw that.

it didn't end well.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch the new movie, he's UNDISPUTEDLY the strongest/most powerful MCU hero now.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By titing2101

@haveatthee: hulk has no chance with or without mjolnir. add hulkbuater and vision and nothing changes. unless vision phasing will work

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seen the film, Thors far from weak, those chains were chains made from SURTUR, they weren't normal chains, and Alien Technology is really advanced in MCU, its not farfetched to think it could stun Thor, I mean DCAU Superman got KO'd all the time by lightning.

hanifman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the reason Thor looks like he's nerfed to all hell in MCU is the same reason as why Superman was able to be beaten or at Least overwhelmed by Venom in a certain Marvel/DC crossover comic. It's the plot.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea Thor is way more powerful then any other mcu hero. Great movie if you're a true Thor fan. I enjoyed Hulks showing as well.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

he was really powerful in THOR 3. He could best dceu superman

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakaar tech ranges from control disks (which even in the comics could dig into the Surfers skin, which I found BS there and here, but whatever) which are a plot device to control anyone apparently and the net itself stuns Thor for a bit before he takes it off himself in the film.

I'd say Strange is stronger in Ragnarok (due to you know, the reality warping / his regular gear being an infinity Stone), but Thor is definitely the second most powerful MCU hero atm.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Strange cameo was interesting. Confirms that magic does indeed exist and the Asgardians powers are rooted in it.

I'm wondering if we see Dr. Strange craft a new and improved version of Mjolnir for Thor in IW.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.