Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

infinity war spoilers - What if Thanos attacked Asgard instead

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What if Thanos attacked Asgard with Hella on the throne? So imagine if Thanos atacked Asgard with her on the throne and Thor and Loki putting their differences aside and joining her in the fight against Thanos. I don’t see Thanos winning in that scenario. Thanos with the power gem, like on the ship. What do you think?

AaronQuinty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandru84: he'd fail, Hela alone should be a match for Thanos. Thor, Loki & Fenris should be more then enough to beat the black order. Plus if all else fails they release Surtur.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would have been cool

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hyeah what ganon said, sounds like it wud be a fun film. thats what i thought they wud do for the most part...

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the Power Gem he one shots.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power gem is still enough to win with.

Thanos beats thor no diff like before.

Black order takes loki and the wolf.

Thanos with power gem stomps hela.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingfrieza: Thor takes on the black order alone in my opinion. And Hela is more powerful than Thor. And remember as long as she is on Asgard she gets even more powerful, I think she is a match for Thanos there. And well they kinda have Gungnir there also wich is a very powerful weapon, by the way, what the heck happend to it at the end of Ragnarok?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela destroys Thanos while Thor kicks the crap out of Black Order with Loki.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos >>>Hela

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela throws a sword at Thanos and GG

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thor-Parker

@_kingoflatveria said:

Thanos would most likely no-sell it.

If this fight were to happen on-screen I have no doubt in my mind that Thanos would be victorious.

AtmExle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtmExle

Hela would absolutely demolish him. He isn't dodging many of the blades, he is a big target and will have 10-12 blades in him a few seconds into the fight.

Since in this case Hela doesn't destroy the Asgardian army, they can take care of Thanos' fodder, which I would assume to be the chitauri and outriders.

Heimdall, Loki, Thor and the warriors 3 take on the black order and win easily. Fenris would eat Cull for breakfast.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The black order is nothing to them. Thor could solo. You have Heimdall who is a beast, Loki, Sif and the warriors 3 and Fenris. And Asgards army. The black order stand literally no chance.

Just depends if Hela's blades will pierce Thanos which I think they could. And if not Thor could use Gungnir which I'm guessing would pierce Thanos. Depends if Thanos uses the full might of the power stone or not.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thor321: It's not unvulnerable if Stomrbreaker cleaved through him like butter and Iron Man could make him bleed a bit.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

@thor321: that's fallacy he does not have invulnerable skin Ironman made his skin Bleed and Thor almost cleaved him to pieces

I'd wager Helas blades would pierce him plus with all of Asgard, Fenris, Odins children working together, and if Hulks there, plus the tesseract,

Asgard wins

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
    PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex... with Hela I mean. Is the closest to Death that we have in the MCU.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: To be fair, those are simply feats for Iron-man and Thor. Thanos tanked the sharp part of Cap's new vibranium shields, remember vibranium cut right through Ultron who no-sold 15mm bullets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela oneshots with her blades, it is simple

AtmExle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AtmExle

@thor321: Iron man made him bleed. Stormbreaker cleaved through his chest despite having 6 infinity stones.

Asgardian blades have shown the ability to cut through alien and dark elf spaceships. Dark elf spaceships that can plow through the Asgardian palace without a scratch. Hela's blades herself could destroy Asgardian ships and go through concrete like knife through butter.

I also think there is a reason why he prevented Loki from stabbing him. This isn't a feat, but logically Thanos wouldn't need to use the power stone if Loki's dagger wasn't going to do anything.

I think we can only say Thanos has impenetrable skin when considering human weapons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: It's not unvulnerable if Stomrbreaker cleaved through him like butter and Iron Man could make him bleed a bit.

@thor321: that's fallacy he does not have invulnerable skin Ironman made his skin Bleed and Thor almost cleaved him to pieces

I'd wager Helas blades would pierce him plus with all of Asgard, Fenris, Odins children working together, and if Hulks there, plus the tesseract,

Asgard wins

Iron Man making him bleed was bull but it's Russo movie so...

still don't know if all those swords would beat him.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

@thor321: Russoforce is still applies sadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Russoforce is still applies sadly

true... I guess.

then Hela should win.

I doubt he can block all those swords.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela stomps this one. Thanos is not from her league in the name of the good movie.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he might succumb to helas blade, with the russo behind her she might get an amp also

unless the power stone could destroy and affect her blades

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously guys, if this fight was to be put on-screen you really think Hela would beat Thanos ??

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#27  Edited By KrleAvenger

Seriously guys, if this fight was to be put on-screen you really think Hela would beat Thanos ??

Of course not. Sure, Hela has better feats without the gems and yes, Comic Hela > Comic Thanos, but it's pretty obvious MCU Thanos would beat her if they actually fought in the movie. And lets be honest, would it really be a bad thing to happen? Or illogical one?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats > Logic, duh

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Feats > Logic, duh

It would appear so haha.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator

Thanos would still win, Ebony Maw and Cull would deal with Loki and Fenris, Thanos would take Hela. Her best feats are beating God mode Thor tbh (soloing Asgard is good but they’re still all fodder), Thanos also did that offscreen and smacked Hulk as well.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends entirely on who's directing it. Hela does have significantly better feats.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Depends entirely on who's directing it. Hela does have significantly better feats.

I'm not convinced about that, what makes you think that ??

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Thanos didn't beat Thor on-screen, so by default we'd have to give Hela a larger edge over him. Thanos beat Hulk, who Thor is significantly more powerful than after his amp, a feat which Thor himself could likely replicate. Beyond that, crushing Mjlnor is a way better feat than anything Thanos did, and he has no counter for her blades given he has no physical advantage and is probably slower.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @sy8000 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Thanos didn't beat Thor on-screen, so by default we'd have to give Hela a larger edge over him. Thanos beat Hulk, who Thor is significantly more powerful than after his amp, a feat which Thor himself could likely replicate. Beyond that, crushing Mjlnor is a way better feat than anything Thanos did, and he has no counter for her blades given he has no physical advantage and is probably slower.

But Thanos did beat Thor off-screen and more decisively than Hela did, since we saw Thor could barely stand and Thanos grabbed him like a disposable toy, and I don't see Thor replicating what Thanos did to Hulk, Thor would beat Hulk but certainly not that way, not that fast, and not that brutal.

Crushing Mjolnir is indeed very impressive, but I think that a feat that gets overlooked is Thanos' crushing the Tesseract with his bare hands, not on par with the Mjolnir feat, but still worth mentioning, and I don't know why you say Thanos has no physical advantage over Hela, he is superior in everything except speed, and the gap isn't very significant, look at Thanos' moves against Hulk, not only was he pretty fast but he also showed massive H2H skills, Thanos is not a brute and his fight on Titan he was jobbing and was just there for the audience to have a large and badass action scene, but just for a minute picture Thanos fighting on Titan the way he did against Hulk, the heroes wouldn't have lasted 30 secs.

While her blades would hurt him, I doubt they'd put him down for good, by feats he should resist them, but for a minute just forget about feats (I know, not a sane thing to ask on CV) and look at the hierarchy and concept Marvel has established......you really think Hela would beat Thanos ?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Thanos did beat Thor off-screen and more decisively than Hela did, since we saw Thor could barely stand and Thanos grabbed him like a disposable toy, and I don't see Thor replicating what Thanos did to Hulk, Thor would beat Hulk but certainly not that way, not that fast, and not that brutal.

Crushing Mjolnir is indeed very impressive, but I think that a feat that gets overlooked is Thanos' crushing the Tesseract with his bare hands, not on par with the Mjolnir feat, but still worth mentioning, and I don't know why you say Thanos has no physical advantage over Hela, he is superior in everything except speed, and the gap isn't very significant, look at Thanos' moves against Hulk, not only was he pretty fast but he also showed massive H2H skills, Thanos is not a brute and his fight on Titan he was jobbing and was just there for the audience to have a large and badass action scene, but just for a minute picture Thanos fighting on Titan the way he did against Hulk, the heroes wouldn't have lasted 30 secs.

I don't see why you assume Thanos beat Thor decisively, or even on his own power. He had the power stone and the Black Order so there's no reason to think it was a proper physical fight. Thor would beat Hulk fairly decisively. If Thanos is better, the gap isn't large, nowhere near big enough to give him a clear edge over Hela.

The Tesseract has no durability feats, let alone anything comparable to Mjolnir. Mjolnir hasn't even dented from Thor performing all his striking feats with it and even sending it rocketing to Earth from space. I don't think Thanos is even more durable than it. Thanos is, at most, somewhat above Thor. He's not approaching the tier of Thor literally being unable to do serious damage and needing plot to beat him.

Why would her blades have trouble with him? Loki and Gamora killing Thanos via stabbing him was treated as a viable threat by the characters. Hela's blades are vastly above that and Thanos lacks pain tolerance feats to fight through major wounds.

but for a minute just forget about feats (I know, not a sane thing to ask on CV) and look at the hierarchy and concept Marvel has established......you really think Hela would beat Thanos ?

I understand this perspective normally has validity, but it seriously just does not work for this comparison. The Russos did not care for Ragnorak, they even undid most of the effects of the movie on Thor. If they were writing, no, they would never have Hela lose to Thanos. But they probably never even gave Hela a second thought, I highly doubt they cared about her enough to consider whether Thanos should be higher on the food chain than her. If Watteau were writing it, he could very likely give Hela the win.

Thanos never actually did anything, or have any statements surrounding him, pointing to him being a massively powerful threat compared to earlier characters without the gems. He's not some huge jump up power wise. Hela wasn't beaten without plot, while Thanos actually struggled with his opponents quite a bit even with the gems, suggesting that he wouldn't have required plot to defeat without them. So Hela was actually written as far more imposing than Thanos within the context of their respective narratives. Even Malekith was actually.

Emmanuel157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela would beat Thanos to a standstill until both of them come to realise they have the same goal and they will end up working together and having sex !!!!!!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingfrieza: Thor takes on the black order alone in my opinion. And Hela is more powerful than Thor. And remember as long as she is on Asgard she gets even more powerful, I think she is a match for Thanos there. And well they kinda have Gungnir there also wich is a very powerful weapon, by the way, what the heck happend to it at the end of Ragnarok?

i was thinking the same thing
    and why would hela team up with Thor, if anything, a universe with half the population just makes things easier for Hela's power lust to conquer

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria said:

Thanos would most likely no-sell it.

If this fight were to happen on-screen I have no doubt in my mind that Thanos would be victorious.

his piercing resistance isn't really any better than Thor's imo

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

break the bridge so they can fall into an abyss...its that simple

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.