Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How Thor Loses his Hammer: Major Original Sin #7 SPOILERS

• 148 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

As the title suggests, there are major Original Sin #7 spoilers. If you don't want to see how Thor loses the ability to wield Mjolnir, don't open this spoiler tab. You've been warned. For those who don't mind the Internet's lack of secret keeping anymore, see below for how Thor becomes unworthy.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Source: Bleeding Cool.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Nick Fury says some stupid freaking words and Thor drops Mjolnir? What is it, some dirty secret, a magic spell, mind control?!! Ugh this is a cheap and tacky way to make Thor unworthy of wielding Mjolnir. Still, at least there's an outside reason for Thor's loss of ability to use Mjolnir now. Not that it makes this cheap PR gimmick stunt any easier to swallow.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

wow. terrible. wow. just terrible. thanks for the heads up.

This is so stupid, how can Nick Fury weak human self have any influence.

He's the biggest villian in Marvel and Shield is as good as hydra.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It only solidifies the notion that Fem-Thor is a gimmick. Spawning out from Original Sin is a fact alone.

Anyway I am more angry with what they have done to Nick Fury.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but then again this can all be just a front that Thor is going along with

IDK

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio@New_World_Order@jayc1324@z3ro180@winter_kills

If any of you want an early heads up of why Thor isn't worthy of wielding Mjolnir anymore, the spoilers have already been released. Don't worry if you want to wait and read the issue, the images are in a spoiler block so you can't see them.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lvenger There is only two things I can get from that scan, either as you said he used some form of telepathy or magic to make Thor think about everything he's done, and make him believe he's not worthy of Mjolnir. Or he just flat out over did the Odin spell, which should be harder to even do seeing how Mjolnir is now imbued with Odin Force energy. Although I'm going to read the issue today, so I'll find out. I agree though extremely tacky, how is Thor going to even Get off the moon now, lol?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Wait so he doesn't become unworthy in tenth realm ? I'll be back in five minutes with my reaction.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: F£&k that is stupid, It would have been cool if Thor lost his arm and hammer in tenth realm for freeing the god looked away in that prison, or because he started a war. Anything would have been better than ''Hay Thor remember that time I wore your helmet in nouthing but a thong''.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@New_World_Order: I'm inclined to believe it's the former myself. Making Thor forget about everything he's done is at least a slightly plausible, if not ridiculous, way of removing Thor's ability to wield Mjolnir. I don't think The Watcher would be able to overdo Odin's spell on the hammer myself though The Watcher does know secrets I guess.

@z3ro180 said:

@lvenger: F£&k that is stupid, It would have been cool if Thor lost his arm and hammer in tenth realm for freeing the god looked away in that prison, or because he started a war. Anything would have been better than ''Hay Thor remember that time I wore your helmet in nouthing but a thong''.

I thought Thor would lose the ability to lose Mjolnir after his actions in The Tenth Realm too but nope, it's Aaron's deus ex machina FTW. It's such a shame to see a great writer reduced to a measly parlour trick as a segway into his next Thor storyline.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HaveAtThee

Stay classy, Marvel. Man talk about butchering a character coming off his best solo title run in years. I really would like to attend their "creator summits" and see how much pot these guys smoke.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to seeing thor kick all kinds of ass with his bitching robot arm and jarnbjorn it's just like you said a cheap Segway into his next seris.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@haveatthee said:

Stay classy, Marvel. Man talk about butchering a character coming off his best solo title run in years. I really would like to attend their "creator summits" and see how much pot these guys smoke.

Tell me about it, Thor: God of Thunder was one of Marvel's best series and my personal favourite Marvel title. Now, they've shot themselves in the foot by having this ridiculous loss of Thor's ability to wield Mjolnir and a stupidly dumb PR stunt to try and appeal to female readers when all they're doing is putting a female in the role of a definitive male superhero. It's just absurd that Marvel think this is what the fans want. Not to mention that the treatment of Thor is disrespectful on a huge scale.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Oh, that kinda sucks :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's BS. Cmon Aaron, you can do better than that. What words could make Thor unworthy?? Thor god of thunder was am absolutely amazing series, its done for this crap? This whole unworthy Thor thing is already off to a horrible start. The fact that there isn't a good reason for him losing his hammer makes the whole thing seem wrong, and not worth my time.

Thor is just having a crappy time recently. He gets his ass kicked by his sister, loses his hammer over nothing, his awesome series is canceled.. What about this does marvel think is good??

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

That's BS. Cmon Aaron, you can do better than that. What words could make Thor unworthy?? Thor god of thunder was am absolutely amazing series, its done for this crap? This whole unworthy Thor thing is already off to a horrible start. The fact that there isn't a good reason for him losing his hammer makes the whole thing seem wrong, and not worth my time.

I did call it you know. This really is a contrived reason for Thor to lose the ability to use his hammer. Something that Aaron's series has done an exceptionally good job showing why Thor is worthy of Mjolnir and this is a setback for everything Aaron has worked for.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How anti climatic.

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm speechless right now, what could Nick have possibly said? Is Thor really that mentally sensitive that he loses thousands of years of being worthy over this? Everything just looks like it was set up for this to happen to Thor now.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The quality of some Marvel movies made read more comics these last years.

Well, I guess I'll come back (again) in 4-5 years.

What a shame.

However, luckily, I found this website now, so if things get better I will know it sooner this time.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@lvenger:

Man o man that is poorly done. I thought for sure it would have been some giant moral conflict (Thor's lack of faith from the Gorr arc would have been perfect) to. Make him lose mjolnir, but having nick whisper something and then not even having the confidence to allow the reader to know just what was said? That's bad form. I'm totally disappointed by this. Also, the "what didst thou say?" Line was almost comical.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Experio

From having one of the best titles, to providing poor reasoning on why he can't wield a hammer he has been worthy of carrying for years, and to soon be replaced by a female.

Massive steps taken to the wrong direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh man this looks frigging terrible. I can't even entertain the thought of Thor being unworthy but they could of done it in a better way. I really need to pick up the Thor series and at least have some good memories of the true god of thunder.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if fury is revealing something to thor from his time in the tenth realm that thor wasnt aware of making him feel so bad thats why he says what didst thou say

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Odin put a spell on you to make you blonde"

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

"Odin put a spell on you to make you blonde"

HAHAHAH

another one i read somewhere was

"Your daddy never loved you"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Yeah I also found Thor screaming WHAT DIDST THOU SAY to be hilarious. It didn't seem like a serious moment at all and kind of made Thor just look stupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got done reading original son #7, and it just made it even worse. Its quite dumb how the whole thing was done so nonchalantly. Like its everyday that nick fury says the magic words to freak Thor out and make him lose him hammer. Not only did this not happen in Thor's series, but it happened by nick fury, a character vastly unimportant to Thor and his world. I expected the moment when Thor lost his worthiness to be big and special, this didn't do it justice at all.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Winter_Kills

For real. Whatever they're smoking, I don't want any. Taking not only one- but two of their iconic, legendary characters- Thor, & Cap- & replacing them? It's worse with Thor though, & the explanation for it is complete BS & feels TOTALLY forced. What could be possibly shown to Thor to make him feel so unworthy? Everything that Thor has been through, over the decades, the centuries- all the hardships, everything that proved him worthy, time & time again- every challenge he faced- they're underplaying Thor's immeasurable will & courage! Shame on you for that, Marvel. After an amazing, fantastic run, when Thor is finally getting respect in film & comics- when he's become a household name(even my grandma knows who Thor is!) when we're in the middle of a Thor renaissance that hasn't been since Simonson- & then they pull this? Smart move, Marvel. Way to go, Luther!! They should call the new book "All-New Thor: Goddess of Identity Theft". Words can't describe the displeasure I have at Marvel right now. Call me when it's over & the REAL, ONE TRUE Thor comes back. It just sucks that it looks like they're gonna drag this "Femme-Thor"' farce out...

(BTW, cool avatar & screen name.)

@jayc1324 said:

I just got done reading original son #7, and it just made it even worse. Its quite dumb how the whole thing was done so nonchalantly. Like its everyday that nick fury says the magic words to freak Thor out and make him lose him hammer. Not only did this not happen in Thor's series, but it happened by nick fury, a character vastly unimportant to Thor and his world. I expected the moment when Thor lost his worthiness to be big and special, this didn't do it justice at all.

I agree; it couldn't be more forced. I'm like, "FU Old Nick"!(& when I say that, I'm a fan of Ol' Nick from way back, I just hate what they've done to his character.) And not happening in the main series, but in an event, is always a jarring move. I hate the whole idea completely, but they could have at least tried to make a moving, interesting story out of it, a lil' bit of effort & creativity. I feel that once the sales go down from the pr controversy boost, they'll have to restore the ONE & ONLY Thor to his former glory.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By arthurkerr

Well on a good note the story I been waiting a life time on is going on in the new 52 sweet that rocks.

I have some back issues to get so lots of catch up reading this rocks some kewl mojo. So oh and that is to funny Thor loses his worth to some whisper. I bet he said. Psst I love you Thor.... He was so shocked he just dropped the hammer and walked away lmao.

oh well on good news we still have dc new 52.

I mean wow but poor Thor i mean that is pretty bad and so bad its kind of funny.

The clone saga all over again but only this time it is Thor.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31 god_spawn  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Calling it: the secret is that Thor has unwittingly been a Skrull since his return.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lvenger: Original Sin has been stupid from top to bottom I wouldn't even know where to begin to start.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't feel at all bad about dropping Thor, which was my last marvelnow! title. Now I triple don't feel bad about it. What an idiotic piece of crap. Every time one marvelnow! character whispers to another, a kitten dies somewhere.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Couldn't have said it better myself mate.

@dernman said:

@lvenger: Original Sin has been stupid from top to bottom I wouldn't even know where to begin to start.

Aaron is so much better when he's focusing on single characters for the most part.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:

Aaron is so much better when he's focusing on single characters for the most part.

I could be wrong but I think many of these ideas are just not his. He's just putting it together for them.

The thing with Fury, Winter Soldier, Thor, the freaking eye.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:

I could be wrong but I think many of these ideas are just not his. He's just putting it together for them.

I think you're right. The original concept came from Brubaker and other Marvel writers have added their ideas to it too. This is like a bad cooking pot of story ideas where different writers contribute to the broth. And the final product is not a good one. Pardon the metaphor but it felt appropriate at the time.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@New_World_Order: I'm inclined to believe it's the former myself. Making Thor forget about everything he's done is at least a slightly plausible, if not ridiculous, way of removing Thor's ability to wield Mjolnir. I don't think The Watcher would be able to overdo Odin's spell on the hammer myself though The Watcher does know secrets I guess.

@z3ro180 said:

I thought Thor would lose the ability to lose Mjolnir after his actions in The Tenth Realm too but nope, it's Aaron's deus ex machina FTW. It's such a shame to see a great writer reduced to a measly parlour trick as a segway into his next Thor storyline.

Money says Marvel mandated it. As it is Marvel has screwed up Thor, Fury, Steve Rogers, Wolverine. Yeah, think I'm gonna take a few years off.

As far as I'm concerned Marvel as a whole can take a long walk off a short pier.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Squalleon

@god_spawn: @lvenger Out of curiosity, have you read Bleeding Cool's "the great Cyclops conspiracy" although it is full-blown speculation, it reminded me that Cyclops has TWO evil entities in his mind, Apocalypse and The Void. So that could be why he is so morally ambiguous lately. And if thats the reason, I have to admit, his mind is as strong as f??k.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@god_spawn: @lvenger Out of curiosity, have you read Bleeding Cool's "the great Cyclops conspiracy" although it is full-blown speculation, it reminded me that Cyclops has TWO evil entities in his mind, Apocalypse and The Void. So that could be why he is so morally ambiguous lately. And if thats the reason, I have to admit, his mind is as strong as f??k.

I have not but even if that were to be the case, I still don't see why that absolves Cyclops of all the blame for his actions.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Winter_Kills

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:

I agree. Aaron had been freakin' slaying it on Thor up until this point- then they do this move, & it isn't even in Thor's own book? A major event to him, that doesn't occur within the pages of his own book, done by a character he's had very little to do with over the years.(The main thing I can think of is Nick setting up the Sigurd Jarlson id for him.) I feel some editorial mandate is involved, could be wrong on that- but its all done to make way for "The All-New Thor: Goddess of ID Theft". And the way Bucky & Fury have been handled has been very disjointed & weird also.

@lvenger said:

@winter_kills: Couldn't have said it better myself mate.

@dernman said:

Yeah, this event book just shows that. Characters like Bucky, & their interactions with other characters, like I mentioned above, are just weird, inconsistent & jarring. I feel like its an event that's just made to pave the way for the whole "Avengers NOW!" initiative. And they do this to Thor like it's merely an aside? It's all BS. Aaron's gonna have a lot of work cut out for him to make things right. ALOT of work. I've been with Thor through the good & bad(pre-Onslaught years were pretty rough, before Jurgens/Romita relaunched after Heroes Reborn & saved Thor again), & this is BAD. I mean freakin' Clone Saga bad. One More Day bad. I can't help but feel they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater on this one. One minute they're doing great things with Thor, achieving the greatness he should have, the next they slap him down, & slap all of us in the face as well. All so they can pander to the media with a controversial PR move to make themselves look so progressive & pc, when jokes are being made about it everywhere, & fans are getting pissed, with good reason. Like I said in another post, shame on you Marvel, for doing this to one of your most iconic, culturally important & legendary characters at the cusp of greatness. And shame on you Marvel, for doing this to the fans. This is garbage.

No Caption Provided

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Allaric
    @lvenger said:

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:

I think you're right. The original concept came from Brubaker and other Marvel writers have added their ideas to it too. This is like a bad cooking pot of story ideas where different writers contribute to the broth. And the final product is not a good one. Pardon the metaphor but it felt appropriate at the time.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And it's going to get even worse ....

Meet "Ghor the Barbarian" .... slower , dumber , bloodier than you have ever seen him !!

No Caption Provided

Follow the "Mighty Ghor" , no longer burdened by armor or hammer , Midgards mightiest hero will defend the ... errr fight for the ... errr just fight actually ... but don't worry your hero is in good hands !! What !? I promise ... no really !!

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

I have not but even if that were to be the case, I still don't see why that absolves Cyclops of all the blame for his actions.

Well, I guess it depends how you look at it, its like if Superman was influenced by Red K to became "evil", he was "evil" but he did it unwillingly because something was messing with his brain but managing to maintain his sanity and be kind of an ambiguous hero is an achievement considering how strong are both the entities in his mind. And he also needed the power of the phoenix to actually go full blown crazy, that makes three entities influencing his actions.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Ugh tell me about it, it's one of the fakest ways to create a so called prominent female superhero by piggybacking off the legacy of one of Marvel's premier male heroes. Not to mention that it makes no sense whatsoever and pi$$es off fans of the original character unnecessarily, thus alienating old fans in a vain attempt to bring in new temporary ones. What thought processes were going through Marvel's executives at the time that made them think this PR stunt was a good idea? It spits in the face of Aaron's good work during God Butcher and Godbomb, which I was reading last night, and makes all that development, characterisation and understanding of Thor amount to much less now. I still don't know whether this was Aaron's idea or a higher up's pot brained scheme.

@allaric said:

@lvenger said:

@dernman said:

@lvenger said:
    @dernman said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And it's going to get even worse

Oh yeah that aptly demonstrates what ****y hot water Thor is in now -_-

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By arthurkerr

True it is like they gave up trying and let Lisa the four year old have a try at it.

Look Daddy Thor is a princes.

Oh very nice what happened to the real Thor.

Oh daddy he was told he would look good in a dress and he just did not feel worthy.

Well is that not just cute and priceless lets just roll with that shall we gang anything for my princess Thor.

http://warren-peace.blogspot.com/2012/06/neverending-fray-and-so-mulching-begins.html

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What are you stupid ? This is not shooting yourself in the foot. This is shooting yourself straight in thr goddamn face.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hmm, why don't we all wait and see what it was Fury told him before freaking out.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Spiderman1997

@theacidskull: "And the next episode of how to make yourself look like pot-smoking idiots, we're going to see Marvel making Hulk pink and get his power from love in his brand new Disney show, Hulking Out Hearts!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.