Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How strong is MCU Thor

• 105 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you had to give him a strength level or range, what would it be? In terms or tons or relation to another comic character. I'd say his best feats are blocking the hulks hammer punch (he was struggling with hulks one arm, he isnt as strong as the hulk), flipping the table in anger in his first movie, and throwing around hospital guys in the first movie (honestly, only captain America level strength). Fighting the hulk and actually hurting him with his punches is a great feat, not many can mess with the hulk. But even after getting mjolnir, hulk was still throwing him around. His best feat overall is crushing iron mans armor.

I think he needs better strength feats in the future, he's way to weak IMO. Perhaps an upgrade like Captain America got. So what would you put his strength level at now, and how much should it be increased in future movies? Or do you think its fine how it is?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he used to fight the Hulk with no hammer and it was not untill he tired of the battle did he even bother with using it.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

40 tonner??

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By T_Aesir

@jayc1324: Didn t he crush some of Iron man armor in the avengers, could cap do that in MCU?

Comics and movies are very different, because comics appeal to fans, but movies have to appeal to general movie going audience, in MCU Thor is very depowered because he has solo movies, and if he was powerful like in the comics, there will be no real valid threat that convince regular moving going audiences, why do you think its hard to make Hulk solo movies, and Why do you think WB/DC will have a hard time to make a justice league movie, their members are all gods (exception of Batman), what they are going to fight?

To me its strength level should remain equal, if not he will fight Thanos by Himself, and that will not make Thanos a real threat...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir said:

@jayc1324: Didn t he crush some of Iron man armor in the avengers, could cap do that in MCU?

Comics and movies are very different, because comics appeal to fans, but movies have to appeal to general movie going audience, in MCU Thor is very depowered because he has solo movies, and if he was powerful like in the comics, there will be no real valid threat that convince regular moving going audiences, why do you think its hard to make Hulk solo movies, and Why do you think WB/DC will have a hard time to make a justice league movie, their members are all gods (exception of Batman), what they are going to fight?

To me its strength level should remain equal, if not he will fight Thanos by Himself, and that will not make Thanos a real threat...

I think one of the problems coming from comics to movies is they change so much and allot of the fans go expecting to get one thing and get something all different. How many times do you see Harry Potter fans saying oh wow that movie was spot on or they could have done this or I loved the way they portrayed this.

Some things are easy to see from comics to movies to the fans eye and they judge and they grunt and they just want something close to the hero they read about.

I guess the same is true in comics we just want the hero to be some what of a hero. A dark hero like Loki some people can say. Hey I can see his point or a gate guard like Heimdall or what ever his name is and others can say. Wow his powers would make live a little more easy. Then the father figure like Odin whom says. I really have your best interest in mind when I lay the smack down on your ass. The mother would would lay her life down for her kids and all the people those trying to get through life and not become a super villain or if they have to become a super hero at least have some kind of fashion statement and if your a mutant prefer to be one of the Xmen and not the new xbabies.

Movies just need to remember high profile cross overs and do not finish the story in one movie. Make it three movies have then the JL movie will rule all movies. One league to rule the rest.

One ring to rule the rest and you see Darkseid becomes the most evil of villains and you see Brainiac becomes so much more then just a cruel evil computer trying to find samples of all life and dissect it. Dig deep into the comic and you will find the answers to the movies. Do not try to make a great simple movie. Do as comics have done for years. Make a great comic/movie with cross overs and odd villain fights and heroes that get their start in the movie.

Start out to make a movie and then let it become epic in tale and in task and in the telling.

We as fans know the story.

All they have to do is find a way to tell it that goes with the movie in our minds.

If they do this then they cannot fail.

For they have fans already in place just saying.

Show us what you got. Show us how you make Thor truly worthy of my time.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he is as strong as the hulk from the movies

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's much weaker than his comics version. Especially without Mjolnir he's portrayed as useless. Apparently in the first film, without his godly power he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant but in The Dark World he is impotent and a buffoon without Mjolnir. They really neutered Thor.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think its that bad ... you guys are a bit off the rocker with your expectations lol...

EdgeofReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people under rate Thors strength/durability in the films, he wrecked the frost giants, destroyer, chitaru etc all with relative ease. He took a punch from the Hulk and a blast from 400% powered Iron Man without showing any signs of harm. Hell in all three films he appears in, the only person who does any significant damage to him is Kurse, not only that, he broke out of a cage designed to restrain The Hulk. I'd say Thor was pretty damn strong, and if he gets the Odin Force in Avengers 3 or Thor 3 like speculated he'll only become stronger.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Fallschirmjager

In terms of lifting strength tonnage? Frankly, its pretty low. I don't even recall any notable ones. Hulk doesn't have good lifting feats either. Like...Thor smashing a car in avengers and making it roll end over and end is his best "lifting". And Hulk threw a forklift in TIH...Those are really low feats in terms of toannage.

They both have good striking feats, relative to movies though.

If I had to ballpark it, I'd say probably say bare handed Thor is like a 10 tonner (in comics terms). With Mjolnir I'd say potentially up to 50. But he has inconsistent showings. And I still think people waaay overrated the Jotunheim feat (its ice bros, ice).

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of lifting strength tonnage? Frankly, its pretty low. I don't even recall any notable ones. Hulk doesn't have good lifting feats either. Like...Thor smashing a car in avengers and making it roll end over and end is his best "lifting". And Hulk threw a forklift in TIH...Those are really low feats in terms of toannage.

They both have good striking feats, relative to movies though.

If I had to ballpark it, I'd say probably say bare handed Thor is like a 10 tonner (in comics terms). With Mjolnir I'd say potentially up to 50. But he has inconsistent showings. And I still think people waaay overrated the Jotunheim feat (its ice bros, ice).

It was frozen tundra - then the man smashed the rainbow bridge into pieces so yea pretty impressive

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@phisigmatau: No it wasn't. It was all ice. Rewatch the clip.

and it took him several hits to smash the bridge. And that feat is impossible to quantify.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By phisigmatau
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phisigmatau

PIKA!

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well its not really that surprising if they depowered Thor even more in Thor 3 and later on the fight with Thanos..I mean he was quite powerful in Thor 1 then he got weaker in Thor 2...Not to mention in the comics he's not fairing any better losing really badly (From a whisper, from a dude from another dimension and recently I've read that Angela also beat the crap out of him)..

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

MCU Thor's strength is a lot lower than that of the MCU Hulk (it should be very close, imo) but he's still stronger than any other MCU hero so far.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's much weaker than his comics version. Especially without Mjolnir he's portrayed as useless. Apparently in the first film, without his godly power he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant but in The Dark World he is impotent and a buffoon without Mjolnir. They really neutered Thor.

Odin made him human. He lost all his asgardian powers and his worthiness to weild the hammer. That should have been clear once his powers were restored and he fought the hulk without Mjolnir.

MCU Thor's strength is a lot lower than that of the MCU Hulk (it should be very close, imo) but he's still stronger than any other MCU hero so far.

Oh really? Explain how Hulk going full smash on the frost giant loki was unable to shatter loki to pieces? In thor 2 Thor admits holding back on Loki in all of their fights, and in Thor 1, Thor shatters much more powerful frost giants than Loki with ease, while Hulk going beserk on Loki does no lasting damage and Loki is seen up and moving around shortly there after. Thor kills countless frost giants easily, Hulk going full smash doesn't kill Loki, and no Hulk cannot hold back hes the hulk.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nwname  Moderator  Online

@powerherc: No. Just No. Thor was blocking hulks arm with one arm. The other arm of thor was on top of hulks. He tryid to calm hulk. He is as strong as hulk without mjølnir. He is much more durable. Hulk can get harmed bad by someone who is on his streght level. Hulk punched thor in the nose and what happend ? Nothing. MCU Thor without morals can kill hundreds of frost giants with ease. Loki is a frost giant too and hulk only made him bleed a little by crashing him to the ground. Thor made a crater with diameter like 1 miles. Thor is minimally 5 times more durable than hulk. He can hit hundreds of times harder than hulk if he wants. If Hulk can stop leviathan and thor is nearly equal in physical strenght Thor is like 1000+ tonner. In agents of shield we can see how powerful asgardians are and thor is far above a normal asgardian.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HaveAtThee

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

@powerherc: No. Just No. Thor was blocking hulks arm with one arm. The other arm of thor was on top of hulks. He tryid to calm hulk. He is as strong as hulk without mjølnir. He is much more durable. Hulk can get harmed bad by someone who is on his streght level. Hulk punched thor in the nose and what happend ? Nothing. MCU Thor without morals can kill hundreds of frost giants with ease. Loki is a frost giant too and hulk only made him bleed a little by crashing him to the ground. Thor made a crater with diameter like 1 miles. Thor is minimally 5 times more durable than hulk. He can hit hundreds of times harder than hulk if he wants. If Hulk can stop leviathan and thor is nearly equal in physical strenght Thor is like 1000+ tonner. In agents of shield we can see how powerful asgardians are and thor is far above a normal asgardian.

Nah, Thor punches Hulk once bare fisted and barely turns him around, whereas a Hulk punch sends him hurling through some crates. It's pretty clear in the films that Thor without Mjolnir is probably slightly stronger than Iron Man, but with Mjolnir is approaching Hulk levels. As others have said, both Hulk and Thor are no where near their comic book counterparts in terms of overall power. Their striking power looks impressive at times but that's about it. Plus Thor is REALLY SLOW in the movies. I mean when you're slower than a towering behemoth like Kurse that says something.

Or another example is when he nails Iron Man with a left hook in their skirmish. In the comics if he cocked back and punched Tony that hard he should take his head off. In the movies it really didn't have much effect.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: No. Just No. Thor was blocking hulks arm with one arm. The other arm of thor was on top of hulks.

Nope. Theres one cutaway shot (the one where Thor is leaning out from Hulks arm to talk to him) where Thor is shown with one arm kind of on top but it doesnt match the other shots which clearly show both of Thors arms underneath Hulks pushing up (not to mention that it was more like one of hulks arms vs Thor's entire body)

He tryid to calm hulk.

He did...and after it obviously wasnt going to work he went into full battle mode. Unless you think smacking someone in the face with Mjolnir is a good way to calm someone down...

He is as strong as hulk without mjølnir.

The film would suggest otherwise.

He is much more durable.

Again - the film would suggest otherwise

Hulk can get harmed bad by someone who is on his streght level. Hulk punched thor in the nose and what happend ? Nothing.

Thor punched Hulk in the face a couple of times and he barely noticed. Hulk hit Thor once and sent him flying offscreen. And I'd argue it looked like Thor needed a moment to gather his wits afterwards. Not to mention the nosebleed.

MCU Thor without morals can kill hundreds of frost giants with ease. Loki is a frost giant too and hulk only made him bleed a little by crashing him to the ground.

Loki may be a Frost Giant orginally but he isnt rteated as one in the movie for whatever reason. If Thor was that far above Loki then, regardless of how much he didnt want to hurt him, he could just calmly hold him down instead of engaging in a prolonged struggle on Stark Tower where Loki got some pretty good hits in.

Thor made a crater with diameter like 1 miles. Thor is minimally 5 times more durable than hulk. He can hit hundreds of times harder than hulk if he wants.

...OK

If Hulk can stop leviathan and thor is nearly equal in physical strenght Thor is like 1000+ tonner. In agents of shield we can see how powerful asgardians are and thor is far above a normal asgardian.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By killraven4334
    @fifthchild said:

@powerherc: No. Just No. Thor was blocking hulks arm with one arm. The other arm of thor was on top of hulks.

Nope. Theres one cutaway shot (the one where Thor is leaning out from Hulks arm to talk to him) where Thor is shown with one arm kind of on top but it doesnt match the other shots which clearly show both of Thors arms underneath Hulks pushing up (not to mention that it was more like one of hulks arms vs Thor's entire body)

He tryid to calm hulk.

He did...and after it obviously wasnt going to work he went into full battle mode. Unless you think smacking someone in the face with Mjolnir is a good way to calm someone down...

He is as strong as hulk without mjølnir.

The film would suggest otherwise.

He is much more durable.

Again - the film would suggest otherwise

Hulk can get harmed bad by someone who is on his streght level. Hulk punched thor in the nose and what happend ? Nothing.

Thor punched Hulk in the face a couple of times and he barely noticed. Hulk hit Thor once and sent him flying offscreen. And I'd argue it looked like Thor needed a moment to gather his wits afterwards. Not to mention the nosebleed.

MCU Thor without morals can kill hundreds of frost giants with ease. Loki is a frost giant too and hulk only made him bleed a little by crashing him to the ground.

Loki may be a Frost Giant orginally but he isnt rteated as one in the movie for whatever reason. If Thor was that far above Loki then, regardless of how much he didnt want to hurt him, he could just calmly hold him down instead of engaging in a prolonged struggle on Stark Tower where Loki got some pretty good hits in.

Thor made a crater with diameter like 1 miles. Thor is minimally 5 times more durable than hulk. He can hit hundreds of times harder than hulk if he wants.

...OK

If Hulk can stop leviathan and thor is nearly equal in physical strenght Thor is like 1000+ tonner. In agents of shield we can see how powerful asgardians are and thor is far above a normal asgardian.

Loki not treated like a frost giant for whatever reason??? lol QFT

this is nonsense just because you do not like the truth, doesn't mean you can negate it because it doesn't make sense to you. Thor was clearly holding back on the hellicarier, admits to holding back against loki in Thor2, and flat out the Hulk did NOT shatter Loki, who is a frost giant, where as Thor shattered hundreds of them with ease. The implication is clear, Loki is also a small frost giant, and during Loki vs frost giants it was clear that Loki did not feel he was the physcial equal of the frost giants and had to use trickery to defeat them. I know you hulk fans struggle with logic, but if you can't smash a small frost giant to pieces and another guy can smash hundreds to pieces, the guy who smashes more is clearly stronger.

Also, just think, if Thor hits Hulk as hard as he can, hes sending a Hulk through the helicarrier damaging everything and putting lives at risk, Thor wouldn't do that, hence proving his holding back.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lower than Hulk, stronger than anybody else.

Jmarshmallow

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reality of the movie is that - no Loki wasnt treated as being just another Frost Giant. He obviously doesnt think of himself as such with his "I am a God" speech and we arent really privvy to whatever Odin did to him that makes him look just like any other Asgardian nd not like a freakish ice-ape but theres no real reason to think its merely an illusion. Especially given the fact that Loki lived his whole life amongst Asgardians and neither he nor anyone else was apparently any the wiser that he was physically more or less capable than anyone else.

But really this is a minor point that you are just trying to place the tenuous Thor -> Frost Giant -> Loki -> Hulk connection above all the other, much more direct, evidence we have concerning how strong they are.

this is nonsense just because you do not like the truth, doesn't mean you can negate it because it doesn't make sense to you.

Yeah. Thats clearly whats happening here. How many hundreds of times harder than the Hulk can Thor hit again? How many times more durable is he?

Thor was clearly holding back on the hellicarier, admits to holding back against loki in Thor2, and flat out the Hulk did NOT shatter Loki, who is a frost giant, where as Thor shattered hundreds of them with ease. The implication is clear, Loki is also a small frost giant, and during Loki vs frost giants it was clear that Loki did not feel he was the physcial equal of the frost giants and had to use trickery to defeat them.

Again - if Thor was so much more physically capable than Loki - why did he engage him in a prolonged struggle when the Earth was about to get invaded by the Chitauri army? Because he didnt want to hurt him? Why not just let Loki smack him in the face a few times then pin his arms down and calmly tell him to pull his head out of his ass? Why, when Thor totally loses it after being stabbed, did Loki shrug off Thor's onslaught of blows instead of exploding into millions of pieces of glass as you propose? Was Thor still holding back 99% of his awesome Godly might?

I know you hulk fans struggle with logic, but if you can't smash a small frost giant to pieces and another guy can smash hundreds to pieces, the guy who smashes more is clearly stronger.

Lets put all this aside for a second Dr Logic and look at a more direct comparison - what does it say about who is stronger if it takes great effort to stand up when someone is pushing down on you with one arm? What does it say if you can barely squat more than the amount of weight someone else is moving in a one-armed overhead pulldown?

Also, just think, if Thor hits Hulk as hard as he can, hes sending a Hulk through the helicarrier damaging everything and putting lives at risk, Thor wouldn't do that, hence proving his holding back.

Thats pretty convincing. I'm sure Thor was only hitting Hulk with a fraction of his strength because he figured a prolonged brawl, where he ends up getting tossed around the helicarrier (and finishing with the Hulk attacking some hapless pilot) was likely to do less property damage than if he actually tried to win the fight. Does Thor only have two modes - "100% all out" & "10% holding back"? Given that he is 5 times as durable and hits hundreds of times harder couldnt he have just dialled it up half a notch and easily KOed Hulk? Whats going on here??!!!

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killraven4334

@fifthchild said:

The reality of the movie is that - no Loki wasnt treated as being just another Frost Giant. He obviously doesnt think of himself as such with his "I am a God" speech and we arent really privvy to whatever Odin did to him that makes him look just like any other Asgardian nd not like a freakish ice-ape but theres no real reason to think its merely an illusion. Especially given the fact that Loki lived his whole life amongst Asgardians and neither he nor anyone else was apparently any the wiser that he was physically more or less capable than anyone else.

But really this is a minor point that you are just trying to place the tenuous Thor -> Frost Giant -> Loki -> Hulk connection above all the other, much more direct, evidence we have concerning how strong they are.

this is nonsense just because you do not like the truth, doesn't mean you can negate it because it doesn't make sense to you.

Yeah. Thats clearly whats happening here. How many hundreds of times harder than the Hulk can Thor hit again? How many times more durable is he?

Thor was clearly holding back on the hellicarier, admits to holding back against loki in Thor2, and flat out the Hulk did NOT shatter Loki, who is a frost giant, where as Thor shattered hundreds of them with ease. The implication is clear, Loki is also a small frost giant, and during Loki vs frost giants it was clear that Loki did not feel he was the physcial equal of the frost giants and had to use trickery to defeat them.

Again - if Thor was so much more physically capable than Loki - why did he engage him in a prolonged struggle when the Earth was about to get invaded by the Chitauri army? Because he didnt want to hurt him? Why not just let Loki smack him in the face a few times then pin his arms down and calmly tell him to pull his head out of his ass? Why, when Thor totally loses it after being stabbed, did Loki shrug off Thor's onslaught of blows instead of exploding into millions of pieces of glass as you propose? Was Thor still holding back 99% of his awesome Godly might?

I know you hulk fans struggle with logic, but if you can't smash a small frost giant to pieces and another guy can smash hundreds to pieces, the guy who smashes more is clearly stronger.

Lets put all this aside for a second Dr Logic and look at a more direct comparison - what does it say about who is stronger if it takes great effort to stand up when someone is pushing down on you with one arm? What does it say if you can barely squat more than the amount of weight someone else is moving in a one-armed overhead pulldown?

Thats pretty convincing. I'm sure Thor was only hitting Hulk with a fraction of his strength because he figured a prolonged brawl, where he ends up getting tossed around the helicarrier (and finishing with the Hulk attacking some hapless pilot) was likely to do less property damage than if he actually tried to win the fight. Does Thor only have two modes - "100% all out" & "10% holding back"? Given that he is 5 times as durable and hits hundreds of times harder couldnt he have just dialled it up half a notch and easily KOed Hulk? Whats going on here??!!!

1. Where do you get the idea that Odin put any spell on Loki? That is pure conjecture, for all we know it is a simple allusion, his skin turned blue when he was touched by a frost giant and when he faked his death. the evidence however points to Hulk being presented as weaker vs Loki than Thor was vs many larger and perceivably stronger frost giants.

2. You are neglecting direct evidence stated in Thor 2 where im paraphrasing, Thor says, when I have fought you in the past I held onto the thought that deep down you were still my brother, but if you betray me again I will kill you.

3. Thor one, all it takes is Thor saying enough, he floors loki and puts the hammer on him to restrain him. Why did he take longer on the rooftop? because he needed loki to turn off the portal, just knocking loki out isnt going to get him to help stop the invasion.

4. After Thor tackles the Hulk through the wall of the helicarier he doesn't have any idea how strong the Hulk is. He was not privy to the Avengers initiative info on the other team members, he has to hold back not only to prevent helicarrier destruction but also to calm the hulk down. I didn;t look to me like Thor was using his whole body, his arm was bent, not locked upwards, he blocked the right arm of the hulk with his left, then brought the second arm up to prevent the hulk from pulling it back. I will concede that the hulk punch did knock Thor farther away, but I will stand by the notion that the Hulk didn't care about putting peoples lives in danger on the hellicarrier.

5. Not wanting to hurt the hulk, and not taking sufficient damage from the hulk to merit engaging at a higher level Thor simply occupied the Hulk and prevented him from doing further damage to the hellicarrier. Thor could not have knocked out the Hulk without hitting the hulk hard enough that it would have caused significant damage to the hellicarrier. If you think the Hulk is so tough, imagine how much damage would be done to the hellicarier when you saw just how much damage was done when the hulk hit thor with a blow that barely fazed Thor. By your own logic you must concede that any dialing up thor could do to stop the hulk would destroy the hellicarier as collateral damage.

6. If you think Thor isn't as durable than you must think the hulk is pretty weak, because you seem to think the Hulk was doing massive damage to thor yet all evidence points to Thor being able to take Hulks best shot, with nothing more than a barely visible lib or nose bleed. Honestly ive watched it over and over and i barely see any blood at all. Either way, both arms on hulks single arm, wide open shot to thors head, no real damage. Thor gets thrown around like you claim, yet he is still strong enough to break out of a cage made by people who know hulks strength from experience, Shield also has abomination locked up, so we have no reason to doubt the cages ability to contain the hulk, when Shield has proven to be able to contain hulk like creatures.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RisingBean

Based on feats? Somewhere below Hulk, Abomination, and Kurse.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: LOL I'd leave it alone. Sometimes the simplest explanations can be taken entirely out of context.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nwname  Moderator  Online

How much stronger he is in AoU ?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: He's probably the same, unless he receives some type of power-boost from Asgard. We'll get a better sample when he fights Vision and Ultron (and probably loses).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw AoU and he does some stuff to actually show his strength and amazing striking power this time.

He also has great durability feats as well, and is shown to be bulletproof.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: That's good to hear, still another five days to go.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally cannot wait to see Thor in action in AOU. I've heard lots of good stuff about him. I just want to know if he is portrayed as powerful enough to go toe to toe with the Hulk. Sure, he fought the Hulk on the Helicarrier and it ended up as a stalemate, but because of the surrounding enviroment, Thor wasn't using any of his elemental powers or strength to his full potential. I was very disappointed by Thor's power level in The Dark World: They made him look like barely above Drax's strength! I hope Whedon portrays his physical strength properly.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to enjoy the movie regardless. I don't really worry about whether Thor is portrayed as stronger or more powerful that such and such other character, as long as he's getting screen time, isn't treated like a total chump and the story is entertaining and visually spectacular it's all good.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HaveAtThee

One thing I've noticed about how the team is portrayed is that Thor doesn't really feel like an important member of the team, or a founding member. He's not given dialogue to offer input or strategy, which I find strange considering battling extra-dimensional aliens or super-powered robots is something he's naturally more suited for than everyone else. I'd like to see if the movie has Thor with more of a "voice" on the team rather than just the resident muscle-man. Hulk is also a muscle-man but Bruce Banner has an important role on the team.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee said:

One thing I've noticed about how the team is portrayed is that Thor doesn't really feel like an important member of the team, or a founding member. He's not given dialogue to offer input or strategy, which I find strange considering battling extra-dimensional aliens or super-powered robots is something he's naturally more suited for than everyone else. I'd like to see if the movie has Thor with more of a "voice" on the team rather than just the resident muscle-man. Hulk is also a muscle-man but Bruce Banner has an important role on the team.

Thor definitely has a more important role in Avengers 2, I won't spoil it, but the film implies that hes the guy who is going to find out about Thanos plans.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

he's as weak as batman.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee said:

Thor definitely has a more important role in Avengers 2, I won't spoil it, but the film implies that hes the guy who is going to find out about Thanos plans.

That's probably setting up for Thor: Ragnarok, which some people have already speculated will involve Thanos in some significant role.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is back to Thor 1 strength in this film. No doubt about it. The guy is a canon that Ultron nor anyone on Earth has a answer for.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night. It was a pretty solid movie.

I was pleased that Thor had a more significant role this time around. I liked how Whedon portrayed Thor, Cap and Iron Man as the Big Three in terms of their relationships, especially how Thor and Cap work well together.

As far as "strength" showing, Thor looked better this time around. Pretty high-end striking ability (same with Hulk, they both can really pack a wallop).

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night. It was a pretty solid movie.

I was pleased that Thor had a more significant role this time around. I liked how Whedon portrayed Thor, Cap and Iron Man as the Big Three in terms of their relationships, especially how Thor and Cap work well together.

As far as "strength" showing, Thor looked better this time around. Pretty high-end striking ability (same with Hulk, they both can really pack a wallop).

agreed

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

he's as weak as batman.

its been awhile since i bashed the Bat.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson nice to see you come around you troll lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I would prefer Thanos to not have much involvement in Ragnarok besides getting the Tesseract. I don't want him to be a main villain or anything.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I think most long time Thor fans would prefer that as well, and would much rather see Simonson's, Oeming's or Thomas's Ragnarok arcs adapted for the big screen. An appearance by Thanos to gather the tesseract is perfectly fine, maybe giving Loki a kick in the pants to set things into motion so he's able to collect it during the ensuing chaos.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HaveAtThee

One thing I've noticed for Marvel's powerhouses is that they don't really have any "lifting" feats. Just off my memory I don't remember anything remotely impressive that either Hulk or Thor "lifted." Their striking power is pretty massive, though. I've never seen the Ang Lee Hulk film, but I remember in the Ed Norton version the Hulk threw a forklift (?). In the first Thor, I remember Thor being annoyed after the ruined coronation ceremony and overturned some huge gold table (which probably weighed about 5-10 tons?).

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I just recently saw the Ang Lee Hulk for the first time and there's a scene where Hulk tosses an armored tank a couple miles.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Thor did carry a car with that dude who was puking back down to the bridge with relative ease. He's probably around a 10-tonner in the MCU. Hulk probably 20? I don't know hard to quantify because like I said earlier they rarely ever really lift heavy things, more so strike them.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

strong

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.