Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How good are Thor's senses?

Hashem2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is what it says in wikia:

"Superhuman Senses: Thor's superhuman sense's allow him to see objects as far out as the edge of the Solar System,[171] allow him to track objects traveling faster than light,[172] and hear cries from the other side of the planet.[173]"

Does this mean he can sense all objects on earth IF i was in our solar system? Let's say he was e.g. looking for a villain on earth, and this villain was on earth. Would he be able to sense him, even if the villain isn't making a sound or hurting anyone, but simply hiding? (And what if it was an object? E.g. a nuclear device or something)

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spambot

I don't think his senses are quite what you are asking. I think he can basically track ftl objects to some degree and can use Mjolnir to do other things. Such as taking him to where he wants to go even if he doesn't know where exactly it is. Mjolnir has certain inherent plot powers.

Hashem2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot:

So what you're saying is that these powers come from Mjolnir?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hashem2200: No, I'm saying that there are certain things Mjolnir can do which almost count as senses for Thor sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has heard prayers to him from across the galaxy before, and when he was on a ship on earth in a storm, he was able to see perfectly clearly when none of the humans could, because, in his words, he had "the eyes of a god". So his senses are enhanced greatly, but he doesn't use them that often. Female Thor was also able to perform surgery, so she had to have been able to see at a microscopic level

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Thorthunder98

@jayc1324: Do you think it's fair to apply her feats to Thor? I think it should be since she is essentially using his powers but I think people have problems with it

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Do you think it's fair to apply her feats to Thor? I think it should be since she is essentially using his powers but I think people have problems with it

I wouldn't put it past Thor to see at the micrscopic level. He has crazy sense. I didn't think they were that good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is fair. All of her abilities are Thor's, that's the whole point. She has the power of Thor. Every ability she has comes from Thor's power. Some people will have a problem with it but it makes perfect sense to me

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: though some come from Mother Storm herself :)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legend says he can smell Mjolnir from light-years away.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a book on Thors origin, I think Thor season 1.when Donald Blake first picks up the hammer and is turned to Thor, he says he can sense every raindrop and feel them (or something like that, I'll search for a scan online)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.