Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How does Ultimate Mjoliner compare to the original?

• 63 results
    Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This current Unworthy Thor storyline, its got me wondering how powerful the Ultimate version of the hammer is since I haven't seen any feats? Is it as powerful as the original?

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original.

Original has the power of the Mother Storm who is on par with Odin until she got tired or something.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Mjolnir is either tech based Ultimate one, or Doom-made Battleworld one.

Let's see how Aaron deals with it.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: @sophisticated_ignorance:

Well the truth is that it's completely up to Aaron.

There were three, yes three mjolnirs in the ultimate universe.the first axe hammer was originally said to be tech. It had no worthiness enchantment and could be used by beings of sufficient strength.

The second was said to be the actual ultimate mjolnir, it was not tech based looked like the 616 mjolnir, but did not have a worthiness enchantment either. This hammer was used by valkyrie, and stolen by magneto which he used to devastate the worlday.

The last was another tech based hammer that was not an axe hammer and was made by stark after the gods were depowered and killed.

The hammer we see is a doom forged mjolnir. From the early versions of the first ultimate mjolnir. It has an enchantment that doom made, as it was the hammer we see thrown at the end of thors. Dooms hammers were noticeably weaker and had different standards for worthiness as enforcing the evil will of doom was seen as worthy. The hammer is not tech based, but as the thors were categorically weaker than their historical portrayal it is unclear how the hammer will function or how Aaron will reconcile the obvious issues with the existence of the hammer.

Sidebar

The original axe hammer could be interpreted to have been a genuine mjolnir as well, as it is pictured in thors armory and noted as all the weapons being commissioned to be forged and blessed by Odin. Some take this panel to mean that the there were two versions of the original axe hammer, one tech, one godly, however this theory is undermined by the ultimate thor miniseries which shows the creation of the axe hammer, some discount the ultimate minis though, as several of them have been overwritten as non canon like the first ultimate iron man

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

@killraven4334:

I think I wrote somewhere already that the initial confusion originated from a simple misconceptions turned canon. Like in the first two volumes of Ultimates the origin of Thor was intentionally ambiguous, is he a god or pretender? Millar specifically teased the idea of existence of gods in Ultimateverse. Then when we learn his powers are tech based for the first time and it does look like he's a pretender, in the end it all culminated in being only a manufactured misdirection created by Loki's reality warps, which eventually confirmed that Thor is indeed an Asgardian god of thunder with his axe Mjolnir being, well, Mjolnir. The sh!tstorm began when Loeb took over for Ultimates vol 3 where all of a sudden Mjolnir looked exactly like the 616 one with no explanation. It wasn't the only artist bad research and editorial foresight (or lake thereof) as he also made classic 616 costumes for Magneto, SW and QS IIRC a deal in Ultimateverse. Then Hickman came over with that mini you're talking about and in "correcting" continuity canonized the original Ultimate Mjolnir being tech based while 616 looking being the real one. Which was really unnecessary considering Ultimates vol 3 artist mistake and overall messy crappiness could've just been ignored imo.

The third version you're talking about was actually the original tech based (Ultimate axe Mjolnir) one, only improved by Stark, as he himself said. It "makes sense" also because both instances were written by Hickman.

But there was actually a third model, it was also tech based. The one from right before Cataclysm where Ultimate Reed's tech was combined with previous one, in this "further improved" tech gear we also see Ultimate Thor for the last time as he pushed Galactus/Gah Lak Tus into a black hole or whatever it was. Well, until Thors, but I don't buy THAT Thor being an Ultimate Thor...

Also, I wouldn't say Doom's Thors were weaker, I mean they were featless, but the point is I don't think they were intended to be weaker.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: No I'm asking you. Is the Ultimate Mjolnir (which is tech based correct) weaker than 616 Mjolnir which Jane Foster has?????

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are the 3 in order of appearance:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Interesting so Unworthy Thor is just gonna be a bit weaker than Jane Due to his Axe Hammer being weaker.....correct?

Man that sucks. :-(

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

That's what we don't know since THAT hammer isn't even supposed to be the Ultimate one, this one arrived from Battleworld where Thors were Doom's policemen lolz

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You may be right I'll hold my questions until Unworthy Thor actually uses it I guess.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha this thread took so long to explain it to people. Basically a plot summary of the whole Ultimate line.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who says Thor will even be able to claim the hammer? This could simply be a set-up to get people worked up about Thor returning to something of his former glory only to snatch it away in the final panel, or have some "worthiness" enchantment on it to show he's still unworthy with Aaron and Marvel editorial giving fans another kick in the nads for not obediently falling in line with the Thordis dreck.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: the ultimate hammer never had an enchantment, so it must be a battle world hammer

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334:

Or Aaron will do what he does best, twist continuity to fit his agendas!

Who says Thor will even be able to claim the hammer? This could simply be a set-up to get people worked up about Thor returning to something of his former glory only to snatch it away in the final panel, or have some "worthiness" enchantment on it to show he's still unworthy with Aaron and Marvel editorial giving fans another kick in the nads for not obediently falling in line with the Thordis dreck.

This is actually what I think will happen as well.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off what we've seen the Ultimate Mjolnir(s) do and 616 Mjolnir do, the latter is more powerful based off of feats.

Though, if Aaron is the one writing, it's more than likely that the Ultimate Hammer will be shown at a higher level.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: if it is the ultimate mjolnir, and not just the fake ultimate thor from thors during secret wars, then it will be shown pretty powerful. However the secret wars hammer was made by doom, and that ultimate thor was not portrayed like the badass ultimate thor from ultimates 2 and on. Secret wars reverted ultimate thor to his thorlief identify and didn't honor the massive character development that took place later in its run. That and the fact that there is a worthiness enchantment placed on the doom forged hammer, show that it cannot be aNY version of the 1610 mjolnir and is simply a doomforged ultimate universe skinned mjolnir that likely has similar power to the other "thors" hammers, which seemed far inferior than both the original 616 and 1610 versions and the hammer that Jane was weilding side by side with the numerous "thors"

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: I would agree, I just don't like the idea of Thor obtaining the Ultimate hammer. It's design is not to my liking for Thor.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

it looks cooler first of all

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance: I just finished reading unworthy Thor #2,it seems the ultimate hammer is really powerful and the collector wants it very badly.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever. Aaron is trying his best to make the fake Mjolnir seem so special so that he can trick fans into accepting his and Jane foster's theft of the REAL Mjolnir. He's gone so far as to make 616 Mjolnir a freaking woman!!! No dice AARON! Do what you will but we rebels aren't biting. The only way this ends with our approval is with Mjolnir in Thor Odinson's hands and Jane FOSTER permanently rotting 6 feet under!

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, even if Thor returns I wouldn't see him as Thor anymore.

Aaron did so much damage to the point where a I simply don't care anymore.

oh and Original Majolnir >>> Ultimate Mjonir because the OG is a woman.

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
    genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This New Ultimate Mjolnir had Worthiness Enchantment vanquish vanished vaporizes Fries Killing it Those are unworthy.

Ultimate Mjolnir Battle World I notice That This Ultimate Mjolnir is Alive and had own Mind Same To real Original Mjolnir This Happen Odinson Very Mad At Collector Want Save The Child Them Ultimate Mjolnir respond To Him Shoot the Minion Had gun Aim from Child and Destroy Chain of Odinson.

Ultimate Mjolnir Acceft him as worthy Them Ultimate Mjolnir show to Odinson previous Former Thor Worlds and Batte world Earth Them Odinson Said I am worthy he free from Chain and Walk to get Ultimate Mjolnir But Collector Shoot Him From Behind make Odinson unconscious.

Thanos and Collector want This Ultimate Mjolnir Reason Very Powerfull.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still remember Thor in the destroyer armor tossing mjolnir away saying.... Why do i use this.

Even though i prefer him to use his own hammer a gift from his father. To Thor it did not make him Thor.

He does not wake up one day and say hmmmm I think I will get that hammer and get my Thor on.

No Sif fell in love with a young Thor and Thor had many adventures long before it.

Off subject sure lol.

I just wish he would get his own Mjolner back no other weapon will suit him.

Use his talents more and even fly.

Time will tell but wow it would be sweet to see him on a cosmic adventure to learn to use his other abilities to their most.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems Thanos is seeking ultimate Thor's hammer.

genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Reading Latest of Unworthy Thor #3 Ultimate Mjolnir Power Power Grows Stronger everyday Might Continues Growing at this Rate Tear The Entire Ship.

collectors statement that Thor's hammer could enable him to collect universes doesn't make sense as this hammer doesn't provide that kind of power unless it is actually a god dooms construct and may hold the power of beyonders or their essence or if it is ultimate Thor's hammer then maybe it survived end times and secret war by absorbing all the ambient energies released during these events which may have led to its exponentially growing power potential.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it's meant to be more powerful currently for whatever reason as if Thanos! wants it there must be something special about it and his minions said Stormbreaker was a pittance and Stormbreaker is Mjolnir's equal so there must be something special about the Ult Thor hammer currently if the Collector and Thanos both want it to conquer worlds.

Must have something to do with something happening in secret wars idk there must be a reason behind it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: not only thanos collector and the other mysterious hooded figure wants it too.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: Yea we don't know who it is yet my guess is it might be Gorr from the past or something and he also remembers the God Bomb events like Thor is remembering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I don't think it's gorr cuz bill seemed to be familiar with the hooded guys magic.

genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@thorthunder98: I don't think it's gorr cuz bill seemed to be familiar with the hooded guys magic.

My theory is Hela. She wears solid green, and they use the black font surround, with Asgardian lettering for her sometimes. Also the bit about "reclaiming my..."could be referring to her kingdom.

The black spikes used to attack the guards are very similar in form to the spikes on her crown

Might Hela or Maybe Shadrak.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genjiunstoppablemiracle: Yea that's also possible tbf good theory it also said it didn't want Thor to see it yet or something so it obviously knows Thor and he knows whoever it is.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 del_torro  Online

I'm enjoying this book, loved the last two pages. Aaron has really been hyping this new hammer, first he said it survived the destruction of the universe, then ripped through reality like paper, and now saying it would give the collector power to collect world's, and thanos also wants it.

And calling stormbreaker weak wow ( stormbreaker =mjolnir = sentient cosmic mother storm), looking forward to what the hammer can do.

Oh and Warrior madness Thor beating down on bill (tho bill wasn't fighting back)

Just waiting for the whisper reveal, but I'm not mad anymore, enjoying it for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@genjiunstoppablemiracle: why should it be shadrak?

Just theory He need protect Him Seft and From Invaders from his Home Same to Hela.

Imagine if you had that Ultimate Hammer no one can stop You very easy Conquer Worlds To Bad That Hammer only for Worthy can use for Good Not for Bad things That why Collector and Thanos cannot use it.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo Aaron is hyping up this hammer to be more powerful than the og mjolnir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems like arron is making it powerful for thanos to want it to. i dont know if it is sentient,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: the Hammer is indeed hyped up cuz collectors lackey baked himself just by trying to lift the hammer.

genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@genjiunstoppablemiracle: is this hammer sentient like the original one?

Yes you right They Both had worthy enchantment Only Different are Worthiness set And Power.

Ultimate Mjolnir more powerful than Original Mjolnir and Stormbringer.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: that, the collector saying he can collect world's with it, the new watcher, or gorr, or whoever the caped figure is saying he wouldn't need the help of thanos if he had it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: thanos needs the hammer to collect worlds too.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: who says that? Thanos can bust world's on his own power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: I know and proxima midnight said it ,she must have meant by conquering worlds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.