Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How does this happen?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99

Isn't this PIS? I thought lifting Thor's hammer has NOTHING to do with strength? That you have to be worthy in order to lift it?

(in the movie), Hulk didn't beat Thor, btw.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By majestic99

Anyone?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@majestic99: It's a movie that's why, the same rules for Mjolinr don't apply.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By majestic99

@jeanroygrant said:

Is this why movies aren't considered canon?

m99

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Is this why movies aren't considered canon?

m99

It's because it's not apart of the mainstream.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By majestic99

@jeanroygrant said:

Because PIS happens more often in movies due to the fact that they often(if not all) the time depower Thor?

m99

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Because PIS happens more often in movies due to the fact that they often(if not all) the time depower Thor?

m99

What do you mean by that?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Kallarkz

And this is the ultimate universe. That hammer was more based on Science than magic. And Thor was getting his butt handed to him in that movie. He might have stood up after that scene but he kept getting knocked around.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

And this is the ultimate universe. That hammer was more based on Science than magic. And Thor was getting his butt handed to him in that movie. He might have stood up after that scene but he kept getting knocked around.

Yeah, but Hulk shouldn't be able to beat Thor...at all.

@jeanroygrant said:

The fact that in every tv show and movie, Thor is depowered. In Thor, all he can do is manipulate weather, In Hulk Vs, Wolverine put up a better fight than Thor(Thor was completely owned by Hulk), in Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2, Thor got his arse handed to him by Hulk and by others that he shouldn't have lost to. In the Avengers Movie, he can't even put down Iron Man.

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

The fact that in every tv show and movie, Thor is depowered. In Thor, all he can do is manipulate weather, In Hulk Vs, Wolverine put up a better fight than Thor(Thor was completely owned by Hulk), in Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2, Thor got his arse handed to him by Hulk and by others that he shouldn't have lost to. In the Avengers Movie, he can't even put down Iron Man.

m99

Thor is actually written this way more often in comics books. In an upcoming book somehow he will be defeated by Hulk (Avengers Assemble), During Fear Itself he tells Hulk he could never beat him (that could be interpreted however the heck people want to I remember the thread about that but all i can mention is EXACTLY what Thor said), and in the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man he was impaled by Rhino with a tooth from the Midgard Serpent and was taken out immediately.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

m99

Oh i swear he did put down Ironman :/

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By majestic99

@jeanroygrant:

Good. But my point is that Thor isn't written like Stan Lee wrote him anymore.

m99

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Kallarkz said:

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@jeanroygrant said:

m99

Thor is actually written this way more often in comics books. In an upcoming book somehow he will be defeated by Hulk (Avengers Assemble), During Fear Itself he tells Hulk he could never beat him (that could be interpreted however the heck people want to I remember the thread about that but all i can mention is EXACTLY what Thor said), and in the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man he was impaled by Rhino with a tooth from the Midgard Serpent and was taken out immediately.

How do you know Thor will be defeated in Avengers Asembled?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By majestic99

@jeanroygrant:

You mean Avengers EMH?

m99

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant:

You mean Avengers EMH?

m99

No. 616 Marvel universe. canon.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

During Fear Itself he tells Hulk he could never beat him (that could be interpreted however the heck people want to I remember the thread about that but all i can mention is EXACTLY what Thor said),

Fraction already confirmed Thor was being sarcastic.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kallarkz

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Kallarkz said:

During Fear Itself he tells Hulk he could never beat him (that could be interpreted however the heck people want to I remember the thread about that but all i can mention is EXACTLY what Thor said),

where

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Kallarkz said:

where

In an interview.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By majestic99

@venomoushatred1001:

Isn't he depowered in tv shows and movies?

m99

Thorgoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thorgoki

I agree, Thor has been shown little love since the 90s. He just gets beat up by everyone and smacked around. The fact Rulk and Hulk pummel him with his own hammer is ridiculous too. I did like the battle with them in the Avengers movie and as a HUGE fanboy who likes Hulk, but can't stand how recently Hulk is unbeatable, I enjoyed when Hulk punched Thor towards the end...it was funny and I took it as just that.  

I think they need to bring Thor back to some type of realism. He has been a blabbering neanderthal for long enough, its time the GOD OF THUNDER stops being a baby (Siege) and starts getting some real love. I would love to see him powerhoused like they've been doing with Hulk. The fact Rhino one shot him from behind after yelling at him while charging was kinda dumb to me. Him catching that blast from Sentry with his chest was dumb. He has been so watered down that I just don't have it in me to buy anymore Thor comics.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

This movie is soppose to be the ultimate univers not 616. In the ultimate universe Thor's hammer dose not have the wrothy thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.