Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

hercules is not stronger than Thor

• 75 results
    sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By sommyt
    No Caption Provided

two god of strength ...i believe marvel has made it clear they are equal in strength ...Never has anything been said to prove that herc is stronger ..infact Thor seems to be stronger ..SO PROVE WITH FEATS THAT HERC IS STRONGER ...AND YES I HAVE READ BLOOD OATH THAT PROVES NOTHING .BUT THAT HERCULES IS BETTER IN BRAWLING WHICH I CAN AGREE ON....

ITS JUST THAT BECAUSE THOR RELIES ON MJOLNIR TOO MUCH IT SEEMS LIKE HE IS NOTHING WITHOUT IT ...

No Caption Provided

if herc was stronger he would have won...and the same can be said for thor ..he would have beaten herc as well if he was stronger ....hence i say they are equal

The only time herc beat Thor is when THor had his strength halved by odin mystically ...funny thing about their strenght is Hercules is actually pure mystical while Thor is physical in the marvel universe .. herc was granted strength as a baby by zeus Thor inherited his from gaea his momma ..

as normal earth gods in the marvel universe do not have vast superhuman strength and average at 35 tons while some 50-75 and at most like beings (like zeus and odin while emporing himself odin ) from 100 to incalculabe ..just a thought i wanted to share ... so i believe herc is extremely strong he is not physicaly stronger they are eqaul ..in strength ....

this comic is pretty cool and it testifies to the strength of both characters ..moving the earth out of orbit thats massive strength ..

The Earth has a mass of about 5.97x10^24 kilograms and is moving around the Sun at an average speed of about 30,000 m/s. By my calculations that gives the Earth an average kinetic energy of 2.68x10^33 Joules.

the escape velocity from the Sun at Earth's orbit (in other words, how fast the Earth would have to be going in order to escape from the solar system) is about 42,100 m/s. In order to escape from the solar system the Earth's kinetic energy would have to increase to 5.29x10^33 Joules, a difference of 2.61x10^33 Joules. In terms of nuclear weapons, that's 6.24x10^17 Megatons of TNT...

if u guys understand how much strength these guys are showing here u would know that superman and wonder woman is not stronger than either of these two charcters and Thor is not a 100 tonner or 1000 tonner or 250 tonner as some idiots imply ..

If we imagine that some giant rock hits the Earth at 17,000 m/s (a pretty typical speed for Earth-smacking rocks) then it must have a mass greater than 1.81x10^25 kg to knock the Earth out of its orbit

thats what would be neccesary to knock the earth out of orbit however these two are doing it by just arm wrestling ..

i do believe in the end though that superman has a greater consistency of strength feats making people feel that superman is sooo much stronger ..

speed Superman wins

Durabilty Thor wins

Strength equal

and honestly if you guys say that superman is still alot stonger than this that makes me hate the character because then he would not even need to lose against marvel infact mm, wonder woman ,captain marvel there hands should break on impact because they sure as heck are not stronger than this ..

and why i say the Thor has better durabilty remember the headbutt scene in blood and oath Herc seemed more stunned than Thor even asking what stone is thy head made off and Thor kind off smerked ..but in fighting?brawling Herc wins

And when i say speed i mean superman is faster in reaction time ..but dont mistake me saying Thor's reaction is slow ..no not at all...

No Caption Provided
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gravitypress

Superman and Hercules are stronger than Thor. Thor hits harder than either though and can take more punishment.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sommyt

@gravitypress: backup ur claim with feats ....

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Pyrogram

@gravitypress said:

Superman and Hercules are stronger than Thor. Thor hits harder than either though and can take more punishment.

Feats for Hercules.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Asagod

Hercules and Thor are equal, but Hercules is a better fighter.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJ62

Didn't Thor himself say that Hercules was stronger? Didn't Hercules once lift the entire heavens, how heavy are the heavens exactly? Would it be equivalent to lifting the universe? If so, then Herc is definitely stronger.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJ62

I think Herc is just slightly stronger physically, and he is a more skilled fighter. But as for who'd win in a battle between them, I'd honestly say tie. Herc is a tad stronger physically and he's more skilled of a warrior, but Thor is no slouch in either one of those areas and he has other powers that make up the difference. I also think Superman beats Thor, he's faster and a bit stronger and I'm willing to bet that he's worthy too. Btw Thor's reaction time sucks, he even struggles against Wolverine because he's "faster".

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pyrogram

@Asagod said:

Do you think?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

@Pyrogram said:

@Asagod said:

Do you think?

There's this scan which supports that point. Thor acknowledges that as warriors they are equal but in hand to hand Hercules is better than him.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger: Fair enough.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Does it really matter?

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sommyt

@Lvenger: dude when it comes to brawling Thor is no slouch but herc has that on him .. so I 100% agree

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@sommyt: Just about to say that's what I said when I saw the edit.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sommyt
    No Caption Provided

@JJ62: @Pyrogram: jj62 noooo marvel comic suggest herc is stronger. ..not even one .they are placed equal I think that superman just has more consistent strength showing s.....Pyrogram help me on this one help me explain bro.....wolverine is no faster than Thor all Thor said was that wolverine evaded his blows which is true wolverine is fast... when wolvie said thor traded strength for speed he thought he was fighting sabertooth ...sabertooth fighting style is very animalistic and swift .while Thor is a brawler in certain occasions ..brawling does not invole doing backflips in half a sec and moving extremly fast now Thor has traveled at 5000x the speed of light people have to understand u can't be traveling that fast and just have above human perception/enhanced human perception.. because Thor would just run into objects as he would not be able to see his enviroments . however in mid flight he has made amazing turns if he cannot react at that speed how does he know how to guide mjolnir at such speed ... shoutout to pyrogram he is a true Thor fan and he will give you actual feats to lean on.. and he will accept where Thor loses that what real fans do ..he is not biased ..shoutout to u bro @Pyrogram:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

@sommyt: Mate, split out that paragraph next time, It is hard to read, and I do honestly think superman is stronger.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sommyt

@Pyrogram: lol i am using my phone its hard ..But the whole Superman thing i dont speak on It anymore lol cause in the end Thor is more powerful if u think otherwise u r plain stupid and their strength i just put at equal ..durabilty to thor and reaction superman ..however thor has better flight feats and i think he is faster there

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pyrogram

@sommyt said:

@Pyrogram: lol i am using my phone its hard ..But the whole Superman thing i dont speak on It anymore lol cause in the end Thor is more powerful if u think otherwise u r plain stupid and their strength i just put at equal ..durabilty to thor and reaction superman ..however thor has better flight feats and i think he is faster there

Dude..No. Superman without a debate is stronger and faster..Feats wise...

KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KingSolomon

I remember reading a comic though, showing hercules and thor wrestling... herc was winning until thor used his lightning. Herc felt that it was cheating, but thor said his lightning is the same as hercs arms. So how I interpreted that was that, Thor could not break free of herc, cause well he was not strong enough and brought down a lightning bolt to break hercs grasp.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JJ62

@sommyt Thor's reaction times are pitiful...at least current Thor. Also, in speed Thor can reach the speed of light while flying, Superman is almost as fast as Flash, who can move far faster than the speed of light. Another thing, Thor only has super speed when he's flying. He can't run or react at super speed, Superman can. Lastly, Herc lifted the heavens, exactly how heavy are the heavens? It looks as if he's lifting the universe, but I'm not sure.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asagod

@KingSolomon said:

I remember reading a comic though, showing hercules and thor wrestling... herc was winning until thor used his lightning. Herc felt that it was cheating, but thor said his lightning is the same as hercs arms. So how I interpreted that was that, Thor could not break free of herc, cause well he was not strong enough and brought down a lightning bolt to break hercs grasp.

That's not superior strength, it's superior fighting skills. Thor couldn't break free because in that position he would need to be stronger than Hercules to break free of him.

But since their strength is equal, Hercules had the edge and Thor needed to "cheat".

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JJ62

@KingSolomon That's what I've been trying to say, Thor can't beat Herc without using his other powers. In purely strength and skill, Herc has the advantage...not a big one but an advantage nonetheless.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cmartin

I dont herc is stronger than thor at all.....

superman is the strongest hero IMO

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cmartin

I dont think herc is a better hand to hand fighter either, i have all those confrontations going allll the way back, herc has never overpowered thor hand to hand ever,

it always comes down to one stupid writer who wants to make his mark who pulls these needles pointless stunts....a..

eg the genius writer who had rulk lift thors hammer due to lack of gravity.... stupid shit like that ...

comics already had their golden era.... IMO ..most writers nowadays lack common sense or imagination,

a good writer should be able to right a vs story and the readers shouldnt be able to tell who the writers favourite character is

nowadays....once a writer has a favourite its very obvious and the other character is jobbed

example

No Caption Provided
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@Pyrogram: Hercules Lifted the entire Earth once

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pyrogram

@joshmightbe said:

@Pyrogram: Hercules Lifted the entire Earth once

woahh, really?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@Pyrogram: Yes also its been proven that Thor and Herc are physically equal in terms of strength

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyrogram

@joshmightbe: Interesting.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#28  Edited By akbogert

@Pyrogram: I don't know about in comics, but in mythology he volunteered to take it off Atlas' shoulders for a bit. He then tricked Atlas into taking it back.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pyrogram

@akbogert said:

@Pyrogram: I don't know about in comics, but in mythology he volunteered to take it off Atlas' shoulders for a bit. He then tricked Atlas into taking it back.

I remember that, But sadly he is not THAT strong in the comics xD Most Myth gods are far stronger.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By akbogert

@Pyrogram: Well to be fair Hercules isn't a god :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pyrogram

@akbogert said:

He is in Marvel :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pyrogram

@cmartin:

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @akbogert said:

He is a god, upon his death Zeus made him into a full fledged god.
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By akbogert

@Wolfrazer said:

@akbogert said:

He is a god, upon his death Zeus made him into a full fledged god.

Meh. Once a demi-god, always a demi-god in my book. Haha. But I suppose that's neither here nor there for this particular thread, as the Hercules who's up against Thor is whoever the comics and/or Zeus say he is.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pyrogram

@akbogert: hehe exactly :P When your the son of Zeus it does not really matter if your a god or not, you can still kick ass.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThePhoenX

Hercules isn't stronger than Thor!!! They are equal in terms of strength! But Hercules is a little bit more technical

in a hand to hand fight... He has a SLICE advantage...!

A hand to hand fight between them can go either way...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sommyt

@cmartin: yea that just stupid Thor could just will mjolnir to literally drop or to go the opposite direction with a thought

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sommyt

@ThePhoenX: you speak the truth brother and your scans prove everything ..

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ThePhoenX

@sommyt: Thanks! XD

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: he didn't that I know of. You're talking about a reall classic comic aren't you? If so that was just a bad angle, he was lifting the burden from atlas or something similar.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Hercules are equal in strength btw. Hercules choking Thor in blood other doesn't prove strength superiority.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By joshmightbe

@Fernando072295REBORN: Atlas's Burden was the Earth

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@joshmightbe: he's not touching the Earth there. The earth is just in the bg imo. And even if he was, look at his size. Something's amiss here.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joshmightbe

@Fernando072295REBORN: Every single myth and story refers to Atlas holding either the Earth or the heavens on his shoulders Earth seemed like the more reasonable of the 2 feats considering the Heavens would mean he was holding up the entire weight of the Universe

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: one of them has a clear view of the heavens though. And the feat would still only fall under a super high end feat that won't matter in combat. It's one of those "infinite" feat you know? Superman lifted a book of "infinite" pages, Thor had his weight multiplied "infinitely" and fought through it, Hercules lifted the heaves etc etc. They're still not limitless in strength.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By joshmightbe

@Fernando072295REBORN: I'm in the camp that believes Herc and Thor have equal physical strength and that's what this thread is about

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TrueMarvel

Thor lifted a book that wieghed as much as all life to ever exsist.

Hercules lifted the world

Even to me

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TrueMarvel: Thor did that? Scans? My curiosity skyrocketed lol.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sommyt

@Fernando072295REBORN: yea he did i am looking for scand hopefully @TrueMarvel: can find them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.