Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Has Odinson should up at all in the new Thor comic ?

• 74 results
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This thread... lol...

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is it a duck or a decoy?

Oh who cares lets just get one thing straight. Jane is not Thor, She will NEVER be Thor. You know why? Cause Thor is not a Freaking title that can be passed down. Its his name, his birth name. Thunderer and God of Thunder are titles.

Its like if Sam Wilson wielded Captain Americas Shield and called himself Steve Rogers.

But with that said, I like Jane and I think her being worthy is cool. I just don't like they way her story is written. It could have been done so much better in my opinion.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh who cares lets just get one thing straight. Jane is not Thor, She will NEVER be Thor. You know why? Cause Thor is not a Freaking title that can be passed down. Its his name, his birth name. Thunderer and God of Thunder are titles.

Its like if Sam Wilson wielded Captain Americas Shield and called himself Steve Rogers.

But with that said, I like Jane and I think her being worthy is cool. I just don't like they way her story is written. It could have been done so much better in my opinion.

Definitely agree with pretty much all you've said, and I've commented a few times on how this whole thing could have been handled SO much better than it's been without having to tear down and "deconstruct" Thor. But as everyone already knows Marvel loves the publicity of being controversial and antagonizing their readers more than actually writing good stories and creating interesting new characters and respecting those that have been their bread and butter for decades.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CaptainRex

@captainrex said:

Definitely agree with pretty much all you've said, and I've commented a few times on how this whole thing could have been handled SO much better than it's been without having to tear down and "deconstruct" Thor. But as everyone already knows Marvel loves the publicity of being controversial and antagonizing their readers more than actually writing good stories and creating interesting new characters and respecting those that have been their bread and butter for decades.

Exactly, if they wanted to introduce her worthiness in a way that did not affect Thor, then why not have Thor get captured while visiting Jane at the hospital and drops his hammer. Jane then picks up the hammer and becomes Lady Thor. She helps save Thor, he takes note of her worthiness and takes her to Asgard to either get her own hammer or they find some alternate version of Mjolnir so they can build her up as a character.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:
    @captainrex said:

Exactly, if they wanted to introduce her worthiness in a way that did not affect Thor, then why not have Thor get captured while visiting Jane at the hospital and drops his hammer. Jane then picks up the hammer and becomes Lady Thor. She helps save Thor, he takes note of her worthiness and takes her to Asgard to either get her own hammer or they find some alternate version of Mjolnir so they can build her up as a character.

And as it stands now Jane Thor has had a year and a half for "character development" and after all that time she's still just that woman wielding Mjolnir. Marvel has been so concerned with beating everyone over the head with the idea of Thor-is-a-woman they've forgotten about doing anything to make anyone care beyond that point.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex said:
    @antithetical said:
    @captainrex said:

And as it stands now Jane Thor has had a year and a half for "character development" and after all that time she's still just that woman wielding Mjolnir. Marvel has been so concerned with beating everyone over the head with the idea of Thor-is-a-woman they've forgotten about doing anything to make anyone care beyond that point.

Pretty sure anything that remotely related to character development has been thrown out the window a long time ago. Look and Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine, Iceman. All have been changed and replaced souley to gain attention and sell comics.

Jane as Lady Thor could have been a massive stepping stone for Marvel, Instead its just a cheep gimmick to attract attention. There isn't one panel in her comic that doesn't make some sort of feminist, sexist comment. Hell, even the plot to her current story is all about how Men are tyrants and women should be in charge. If they want to promote equality then stop putting Women on a pedestal.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane as Lady Thor could have been a massive stepping stone for Marvel, Instead its just a cheep gimmick to attract attention.

This sums it up pretty accurately, all Marvel seems to be capable of these days are "cheap gimmicks".

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex said:

Jane as Lady Thor could have been a massive stepping stone for Marvel, Instead its just a cheep gimmick to attract attention.

This sums it up pretty accurately, all Marvel seems to be capable of these days are "cheap gimmicks".

I guess all we can do is hold out hope that a new batch of writers will come around that would actually make an effort for these characters and give them the respect they deserve.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope Thor doesn't come back with Ultimate Mjolnir hell it never even had a worthy enchantment till SW and last ANAD Avengers there is the present and future Mjolnir Jane brought back to fight Kang why so many copies of one character or object in Marvel nowadays?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Yeah kang threw Jane Thor and Falcon Cap into the future but she dropped Mjolnir in the present so Mjolnir was still laying where it dropped still in the future and she brings it back to the present and uses two Mjolnirs to beat Kang and leaves the future Mjolnir at that spot in the present time.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: Apparently the writer doesn't quite get that once Mjolnir is moved from the spot it was dropped in the past it's no longer in that spot in the future, at best future Mjolnir should have disappeared once Jane returned to the past and took up present Mjolnir again, but I guess "Asgardian magic" or "alternate reality". Maybe expecting just a rudimentary sense of logic on any level is expecting too much, it is comics after all and we all know how much sense they've been making over at Marvel lately. Additionally the "two Mjolnirs, one cup" (sorry) seems to be little more than ripping off the same idea from the Godbomb arc in an attempt to f urther legitimize the impostor.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Hint: check out the issue that came out today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He appeared in the most recent issue.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The worst part about this is, that if Ultimate Thor's hammer really is in the 616 universe, we'll probably have 2 Thor's now. As if having 2 Hawkeye's, Wolverines, Spider-Man & Captain America ( and possibly even Hulk's ) is not gonna be enough. At least we still only have 1 Iron Man.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst part about this is, that if Ultimate Thor's hammer really is in the 616 universe, we'll probably have 2 Thor's now. As if having 2 Hawkeye's, Wolverines, Spider-Man & Captain America ( and possibly even Hulk's ) is not gonna be enough. At least we still only have 1 Iron Man.

Shhhh dont jinx it.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: Actually Jane kept the Mjolnir of the future. The one from the past was left in the spot. But since that time line doesn't exist anymore, the Mjolnir should have disappeared. But since its still there, that could mean Thor can come back to reclaim it. And with the Ultimate Mjonlir now in play, that could mean that Thor can wield both Mjolnir's.

2 hammers, twice the power.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Ultimate Mjolnir needs to be destroyed it is a man-made and didn't even have a worthy enchantment till Secret Wars going to suck if it becomes 616 Thor's Mjolnir.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: Well I guess well have to weight and see. Cause so far they got a few things lined up for Lady Thor. Fighting Angela, Punching Cho Hulk and going on a date with Deadpool (Yeah thats actually happening. I hope she has a terrible time)

So It might be a while until Thor comes back, kicks her ass and takes back his hammer. He's worthy now so unless Aaron pulls some more Bull@?>! out of his ass to prevent him from reclaiming it. Then It looks like thats how it'll happen.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ThorOdinson24

@captainrex: Thor was in the last issue of Jane Thor comic some aliens has him chained up and Ultimate Mjolnir lying beside his cage thing.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: I know I read the comic.(Hatted it.) But I still don't see a reason Thor can't reclaim the hammer when he returns.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Same reason why Steve is returning as Cap but new shield and look while Falcon also stays as Cap and keeps the round shield guess Marvel wants their cake and eat it too

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: If their goal is to piss off long time fans with these stunts. Then congrats Marvel, you've succeeded.

What's Next and Male Black Widow?

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Seems like they want to please the old fans and new ones also seems like there will be a new female warmachine as well.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: Look I cool with a Female Iron Man. After all we had Rescue for a while and I liked her. As long as she's an interesting character and has her own name. I'm cool with it.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Eh Marvel already has good female characters but too damn lazy to promote them.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorodinson24: Perhaps, but it's nice to have some new blood. After all they introduced White Fox, Guillotien, Singularity and Visions Wife Virginia.

All seem like great additions to Marvel and could have given great stories if they put effort into them. But instead they take their biggest names and reduce them to gimmicks. It's sad really.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: My bad, my post makes it sound like I'm not aware of that distinction I'm guessing? Yes I was aware that Thorr's hammer was the one Thor was using which required unworthiness to be lifted rather than worthiness. And that Thor became worthy again when he couldn't lift the unworthy hammer before his death. I was trying to say that I'm not sure Aaron would purposefully follow up on or even care about this moment in Hickman's Avengers run. Primarily because if Thor is actually worthy again, it makes Jane's possession of Mjolnir seem more worthless than it already is.

Stuff like this is the role of editorial, which seems to be lacking a fair bit n todays comics, dare I say!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.