Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

HAHAHAHA (Indestructible Hulk #6 spoilers)

• 105 results
    HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This argument is getting out of control. Obviously, people aren't noticing that this is not present-day Thor or Mjolnir with Odin's enchantment. This has nothing to do with Banner's newfound agenda helping to make Hulk worthy. Didn't people notice how Thor's wearing his classic outfit and how Thor stated he "hadn't been to Midgard in centuries" or something to that effect? He obviously didn't recognize Banner either.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild said:

@theacidskull said:

It's banners change in focus that allowed him to do this, he could not have done this if he was at constant war with his warrior side( aka HULK), so when he accepted him, mjolnir deemed him worthy.

still, i can't shake of the feeling that there is a catch, and waid sure as hell would not have revealed that in the first issue.

I doubt that has anything to do with it. Or at least it wouldnt make a lot of sense. Waid's Banner is a bit of a dick really anyway. Far Worthier people cant lift the hammer.

Besides which it looked like Hulk lifting it had more to do with strength than worthiness - the hammer fought against him lifting it which wouldnt happen if he was Worthy.

Still theres obviously something going on that will be revealed next issue.

You don't like the new banner eh? :P, well he aint' exactly a dick, in fact i think he is just looking at his condition from a different perspective, it's quite similar to greg paks Banner, the one who was ready to kill wolverine. anyways, banner is still selfless, but then again you do make a good point.

for me, i think it was the banner hulk dynamic that made mjolnir reluctant. He deemed banner worthy, but he fought against hulk, but int the end banner won i guess.

what do you propose ?

He lead Tony stark into the middle of no where just so he could rough him up a bit. Seems a bit dickish to me lol :P

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fifthchild: dr strange ring a bell? hes one of the most powerful characters in the MU who has defeated powerful villains like dormammu but cant put hulk down easily? dr strange may not be one of my favorite characters but i acknowledge how powerful he is and could put down alot of heroes easily. hulk is not or should i say, didnt used to be one of the most powerful characters in the MU. He's strong and thats it, he only posses a threat physically to people like hercules or thor fighting with his fists, not to people like strange or surfer. how is used to be in the MU, most superhero teams struggled with hulk cause they thought of him as a friend and didnt want to hurt him, now it doesnt matter what their mindset is cause he'll destroy them. there are heroes like surfer who could put down hulk easily but now i dont want surfer to fight current hulk cause i know surfer'll probably lose.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cmartin

@norrinboltagonprime21:

strange couldnt defeat hulk mentally in wwh

that is just so ludicrious..... wwh might as well had been written by a hulk fanboy...beats earths heroes (bar thor)single handedly.... at once still fresh as a daisy after not a scratch, and begins to shake or earth with his footsteps, ....
    why does he need to lift mjolnir.... or what significance is tht who beat earths heroues without breaking a sweat and is a world breaker..... *shakes head*

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By 80sBaby

@cmartin said:

@norrinboltagonprime21:

that is just so ludicrious..... wwh might as well had been written by a hulk fanboy...beats earths heroes (bar thor)single handedly.... at once still fresh as a daisy after not a scratch, and begins to shake or earth with his footsteps, ....

why does he need to lift mjolnir.... or what significance is tht who beat earths heroues without breaking a sweat and is a world breaker..... *shakes head*

Did you like Blood and Thunder?

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ndm5

I'm out.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dr strange ring a bell? hes one of the most powerful characters in the MU who has defeated powerful villains like dormammu but cant put hulk down easily?

Hes also been taken out by a bunch of ninjas. Strange can be very powerful and has taken on a lot of powerful mystical threats but hes also tremendously variable and isnt always written as the guy you make him out to be 24/7. Due to the poorly defined nature of his powerset its possible for him to be almost anything in any story but most of the time he plays the role of "the guy who realises theres a problem and then gathers other heroes to deal with it".

dr strange may not be one of my favorite characters but i acknowledge how powerful he is and could put down alot of heroes easily. hulk is not or should i say, didnt used to be one of the most powerful characters in the MU.

Thats completely untrue. Hulk has always been one of the most powerful characters in the MU. Thats undeniable. You may think he shouldnt be but thats the way he has been portrayed by Marvel since Day One. Fact.

He's strong and thats it, he only posses a threat physically to people like hercules or thor fighting with his fists, not to people like strange or surfer.

how is used to be in the MU, most superhero teams struggled with hulk cause they thought of him as a friend and didnt want to hurt him, now it doesnt matter what their mindset is cause he'll destroy them.

No thats really not how it used to be. Thor on his lonesome has tried to kill the Hulk in several of their fights. If you truly were that much more powerful than the character as you purport so many heroes and teams are then you should be able to put them down without killing them or hurting them badly. It makes ero sense to halfheartedly engage them in a prolonged fight that only ends up injuring them, yourselves and endangering everyone around you if you genuinely could easily subdue them.

Sure occasionally opponents have talked about their admiration for Banner and not wanting to see the Hulk dead for his sake but to act like the Hulk would have easily been dealt with if only they stopped pulling their punches is to insert your own subtext into the story or just flat out ignore continuity.

there are heroes like surfer who could put down hulk easily but now i dont want surfer to fight current hulk cause i know surfer'll probably lose.

Surfer has indeed put Hulk down easily in the past but only through draining the gamma radiation from him. If that trick fails, and theres precedence for that happening, then theres no reason to assume he should have an easy time putting Hulk down, especially considering the times Surfer has been smacked around by pure physical strength in the past.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dondave said:

@thegodofthunder: When did Odin put the enchantment on Thor's hammer, seeing as they went back in time maybe it's before the enchantment was created?

The enchantment has been on the hammer for as long as it has existed. One of the key storylines of Thor's youth is having to proof himself worthy of the hammer over many years and heroic deeds. So the enchantment should be on the hammer.

Eh. I could see them retconning that.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

He never really tried. Not that Strange has a real history of "defeating people mentally". He tried to reason with him (Strange seemed to feel the most guilt - as a teammate he was easily Hulks best friend out of the Illuminati), Hulk tricked him and then broke his hands.

that is just so ludicrious..... wwh might as well had been written by a hulk fanboy...

Well nobody would try to claim Pak wasn't...fond of the Hulk...

beats earths heroes (bar thor)single handedly....

Did you read the book? What about the Warbound?

at once still fresh as a daisy after not a scratch, and begins to shake or earth with his footsteps, ....

He seemed to accrue more than a few scratches during the arc to me.

If hes only lifting it due to some workaround (which is clearly the case) then its shouldnt be that big a deal. Its not like he didnt lift it way back in the day when Odin removed the enchantment for 5 minutes.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: no, just no. you are making up alot of bs and i really dont want to have to go and correct everything you just said. you dont seem to comprehend the concept of not trying to hurt a friend and apparently thor is an attempted murderer trying to kill hulk several times. BTW, adding fact to the end of sentence doesnt make it any more factual as you would hope it to be.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: no, just no. you are making up alot of bs and i really dont want to have to go and correct everything you just said. you dont seem to comprehend the concept of not trying to hurt a friend and apparently thor is an attempted murderer trying to kill hulk several times. BTW, adding fact to the end of sentence doesnt make it any more factual as you would hope it to be.

Irony thy name is norrinboltagonprime21:

Putting "fact" on the end of a sentence doesnt make it so but saying "Ummm...thats all just untrue - im not going to say why or anything but you are just completely wrong and an idiot" is an effective rebuttal?

Got it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we all agree on this point?

Both Hulk and Thor have historically been portrayed as the two most powerful heroes consistently throughout their existence. In relation to each other, both have had their "victories" in their slugfests, but they largely brawl or fight to a stand-still. For them to both truly want to "win," they would have to kill each other and would cause considerable damage to the environment around them. The ambiguity of "Who's Stronger?" will always exist because it gets us riled up as fans. I've heard legitimate ideas as to how Hulk would beat Thor in a story, and I've heard legitimate ideas as to how Thor would beat Hulk. I've always maintained the opinion that if I were to write a six-issue mini with both of them going all out, I would have it end almost like Superman/Doomsday where they punched each other out and both fell.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: all i said was thor hasnt been trying to kill hulk and you pull a thor isnt holding back out of it? you can still go all out but not attempt to kill somebody. As for thor holding back he does. thor has countless of other powers to use but doesn't use it every time against hulk and makes it a brawl. its simple logic which people should be able to get. you can only pull the hulk is holding back in there more recent fights cause hulk has become more powerful in the past decade but before that hulk has been going all out cause that was his character. back then hulk did everything he could to kill or defeat and be relentless and thats what made him difficult to fight but now hulk has the ability to hold back. holding back Now, yes. holding back, back then, no.

yes thor does hold back
    yes thor does hold back

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: thor rarely uses his lightning or any weather attacks, god blast, force fields, or matter manipulation when he fights hulk. Why? cause hes holding back. his abilities would allow thor to atack hulk from a distance or nearly impossible to touch thor while hulk can do nearly nothing. the older hulk would of been defeated quickly if thor used his other abilities instead of making it a brawl every time. It would be a boring fight if it ended quickly thats why it was a brawl to make both side look good.

hulk never had power to unleash back then, thats why he didnt hold back. hulk back then never had some of the abilities he currently does today making the whole "hulk held back even in his early day" point insignificant. current hulk holds back cause he has the power to do so.

@norrinboltagonprime21: if thor looses, he looses because he could not win, not because he held back, of course i'm talking about when facing guys like hulk and herc, not spider-man.

when hulk loses there are excuses all the time as to how he lost. it always gets changed to "hulk held back during that lose cause he was afraid of hurting civilians" or "he wasnt trying fully". both points can always be argued, but holding back is more obvious, if he doesnt use his other powers, hes holding back.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked how this turned out. And really liked the issue, too. xD

Anyway, here it is (Spoilers, though):

And Thor calling Hulk by Hulksmash, LOL!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By evilvegeta74

Here it is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is funny!

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: (lol at my messy post. HAHA) The issue was pretty fun. ... And Thor seemed a little too happy, for me at least. xD

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: (lol at my messy post. HAHA) The issue was pretty fun. ... And Thor seemed a little too happy, for me at least. xD

I'm just glad you posted that!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#75  Edited By Extremis

@lastoblivion said:

Here it is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is funny!

Absolutely LOVED this issue. This moment, in particular, had me chuckling.

It's funny how angry people got over this.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LastOblivion

I'm just glad you posted that!

Thanks! No prob at all (:

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@lastoblivion said:

Here it is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is funny!

I'm a huge Thor fan, and this scan just made my day!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@extremis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@lastoblivion said:

Here it is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is funny!

I'm a huge Thor fan, and this scan just made my day!

Yeah it's not bad being a Thor fan these days, what with Simonson doing this Hulk-Thor team up for another month and Jason Aaron killing it on Thor: God of Thunder. So many Thors to love right now.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was pretty funny. Quite the swerve. Good ol' fashioned superheroics. The shot of them face-to-face is priceless.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee said:

That was pretty funny. Quite the swerve. Good ol' fashioned superheroics. The shot of them face-to-face is priceless.

and for once Thor and hulk don't mindlessly punch each other

I agree! It was nice, lighthearted humor. I love Thor's overt optimism and how he thought it was hilarious Hulk would hang on for the ride. I've yet to read the issue, I'll make sure to pick it up tomorrow morning. I'm assuming Hulk gets up and they both beat up some frost-giants.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a classic type of writer. I love Waid's work.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#85 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Ha. All of the premature rage over this is hilarious and it was all for nothing.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this little team-up only for issue #7 or is Walt still on for another issue?

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome!

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Your post is hilarious now. "Hahahha" indeed.

@me also since I got worked up over this too.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor: *whispers* Thou dost have a name?

Hulk: Hulk Smash!

Thor: Very well, Hulksmash! Then onward!

LMAO

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By novi_homines

@xanni15 said:

Even Mjolnir suffers from performance issues from time to time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LAUGHING SO HARD!!! LOL!! What issue is this? I gotta pick it up. Seems awesome.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little late, but yes, I really loved how Hulk and Thor have been depicted in the last issue.

:)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the arc. Hate the art.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@extremis said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@lastoblivion said:

Here it is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is funny!

See ir all has a logical explanation

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fun to see this thread start to finish. People saying they know EXACTLY why hulk/banner could now lift the hammer, and in reality it turned out to be something entirely different. These hulk Thor threads get out of hand sometimes but this was one of the more civil ones.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beauty of the comic as well as the thread is the light banter/humor involved (for the most part).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.