Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Gods and their resurrection

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HumbleGuy

hi

I want ask some of you who are more knowledgeable about deities in Marvel and Marvel in general.

so basically Gods can be resurrected when they die according to Gaea and that can only happen if there is still some belief in Gods. Another way is to go to each Pantheon ask for their share of power to help with resurrecting them.

However, recently Olympians were resurrected very quickly after they were killed by Nyx, Goddess of Darkness. A lot of people say Olympians and other Pantheons like Egyptian, Inua are true immortals so they cannot die for real hence they get resurrected.

But according to Gaea, Gods in general can do that and it's not just Olympians but Asgardians can't get resurrected on their own and iirc Thor needed to use OF during JMS run to resurrect them. Odin and Heimdall are dead for good now.

so the question(s) is/are, is there more belief in Olympians and other deities compared to Asgardians so they can get resurrected or them being"true" immortals unlike Asgardians has something to do with it?

or the writers are simply inconsistent and it depends who writes them according to Jim Zub???

@asgaard@thor-parker@thorthunder98@asgardianweapon@fantasy000

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
    asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well as far as i remember to be honest even tho gods needed humans to believe in them to be born they don't need it to exist so them ressurecting might not have anything to do with that.

However i think i might have to think about this.

fantasy000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Death for the gods in Marvel is not like that of mortals. I remember that when Thor fought Glory, he (thor) had died; but he was resurrected by a prayer. He was also resurrected by King Thor in the Gorr Saga. Apparently Olympians don't need external means to resurrect. But the harsh reality is that it also depends on the writer.

I do not believe that the beliefs of mortals have to do with the resurrection of the Olympians.

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HumbleGuy
    @fantasy000 said:

Death for the gods in Marvel is not like that of mortals. I remember that when Thor fought Glory, he (thor) had died; but he was resurrected by a prayer. He was also resurrected by King Thor in the Gorr Saga. Apparently Olympians don't need external means to resurrect. But the harsh reality is that it also depends on the writer.

I do not believe that the beliefs of mortals have to do with the resurrection of the Olympians.

makes you wonder why Nyx even killed the Olympians in the first place if they can ress themselves. I'm guessing it's not something they can pull off all the time.

aren't they all dead in OKT's future?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By rajjarsalt

In the Ultron Forever timeline, Loki got corrupted and turned into code, and then got destroyed by Thor. But then Thor said that the stars would begin his tale anew, which indicates some sort of immortality.

But like really, Thor literally killed Loki in canon - but it wasn't just any death - he straight up took away his immortality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.