Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Did Aaron Insult Thor Fans?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

It happened in Thor issue 5, in my opinion Absorbing Man was use to symbolize Thor fans that disagree with Aaron's creative decisions, (like call her Thor).

Is Aaron trying to say that only sexist fan boys are complaining? That is a big big lie and a ridiculous generalization of the different complains that fans have ... This book flaws were exactly the same if the new Thor was a male character.

Again this has nothing to do with her gender, but giving up on your name is like giving up on your identity, and that defines who you are, how Thor Odinson gives up on his name wasn't believable, he was Thor before he was worthy of Mjolnir.

I spend a lot of time and money with this character, shouldn't i be the right to voice my opinion? Without the writer make fun of that same opinion in his current writing, what's his goal? To irritate more the character fans that dislike the current creative decisions?

Did i made a wrong interpretation? Correct me please... What do you guys think?

No Caption Provided

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By skaldadottir

I do not think you made a wrong interpretation. I was certainly offended, both by Creel and Odin, not to mention the entire ~girl power~ thing with Titania. I feel like Aaron was insulting me as someone who does not like the way he has written the new Thor so far, and lumping me in as a stereotypical misogynistic, close-minded fanboy (which, being a hardcore feminist fangirl, is extra insulting). It also feels like he's trying to shield himself from criticism by going "WELL IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY'RE SEXIST" instead of actually dealing with the concerns fans have.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SodamYat

I thought it was hilarious. He hit it perfectly.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow seems i need to pick up the new thor hit the nail on the head if you ask me.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I say insult Thor is his name not to be passed on to anybody male or female.

I love female heroes if unique and done right. Thor is a established character very old and with a rich history. How hard is it to simply respect fans and create something that is good for all fans?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Asgaard

@sodamyat said:

@primebonnick said:

Wow seems i need to pick up the new thor hit the nail on the head if you ask me.

There will be the day when he will not be writing Thor and we will still be fans of the character, i don't get what was his goal, no ones like to be insulted, this will not make me and others change our opinion, because that doesn't erase the mentioned flaws of the new book, only gives him less and less credibility between who felt insulted, i thought his writing goal was to appeal to all the fans.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

@sodamyat: you would. Can't wait til the AOU movie cuts your fun with this idiot short.

@skaldadottir: @asgaard: it was a talking down. As if he's some sort of know it all little b!t@h who sees what others don't. Had Hammerette been Tarene, Sif, Valkyrie, or even Amora id have been fine because it would be sensical and I like all these women in Thors life. The name is still off limits though but they wouldn't need it anyway. I HATE human women in comics. They're useless in superhero lives other than as damsels in distress. Moreover, I HATED ROZ SOLOMON from the moment she was introduced. Not a badass. It's like that "mae" agent on AoS. They want to make her sem like she's a badass and Ming na is nowhere near intimidating. Not to mention she's a limited actress. She comes off annoying. Every time they compare her to Johansens Romanoff....i hate her more. I hate when people are forced to seem badass just for the sake of it. I also hate environmentalist crap. So to all those using "mysoginy" as a label, you're extremely wrong. It's the humiliation and disregard of a powerful and majestic character that brings the hate out in me. Shoehorning some idiot nobody into a mythos I dearly love is a clear invitation for me to hate you. Most of the people who like this have admitted they never read thor before. So they're gimmick and novelty readers. Hope they have enough of them cuz I won't be back to buy even when Thor returns. Just out of spite.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people on here wouldn't even give the book a chance even though it's actually been written very well and aaron already proved himself with 25 previous issues. The first issue wasn't even out and you guys already jumped off the bandwagon even though if you think about it, it makes sense. The hate on these boards have actually made me ashamed to be a thor fan!

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder: I own the first three issues and have kept up to date on what has been going on. I keep waiting for Aaron to impress me with this change and he hasn't. There are plenty of us who have given this book a chance and have serious concerns about it, and now Aaron's just insulting us instead of fixing anything.

Though I can't completely disagree with you, either. I hate that, in not liking this run, I agree with some people on this forum who obviously have some deep-seated issues with women.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL.

Personally Ive liked every single issue. The story telling has been great and so has the art. If you dont agree, Thats completely fine.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Odinson feels disgraced because a single FREAKING whisper made him unworthy of his hammer.

Of course the dude isn't gonna feel worthy of his gosh darn name. Fury wrecked his life.

Plus, since Marvel continuity happened, the hammer has become synonymous with the hero known as Thor.

It might be his REAL name but it's also his SUPERHERO name, and that's what some people aren't getting.

Aaron hasn't done nearly as wrong as the haters are making it out to be, this series is actually really entertaining. Yeah, it's not a great feeling that this is the state of Thor Comics, but it's still decent.

Haters gonna hate and ainters gonna aint.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder: why would we? We want Thor. We're THOR fans. I want him and only him front and center in a book with his name on it. "Mantles" don't exist in thor. Despite how you all morph storylines to fit your Aaron loving needs. You are ashamed of being a Thor fan? Good. I'm ashamed that you ever called yourself a Thor fan too.....supporting crap slopped all over a character you allegedly loved.....

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the answer is yes.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mcdavid

It certainly feels a bit back-handed, doesn't it ?

While I currenly do not like much how the intrigue is being handled (as in making the plot drag on and even more convoluted with each passing issue; aka tell us it's Roz already and carry onward with the 9 realms war pact /roxxon...please I'm getting bored), I can still respect a writer.

Sadly, this isn't reciprocated by the current writing team who deems it's ok to downplay legitimate readers concerns to bigotry and small mindedness. How dare you focus on the mantle's transition, they say on one hand...while on the other making the plot all about the newThor's identity?!

Dare I point out the hypocrisy? No, maybe I shouldn't. Noticing questionable writing is the stuff of bigots afterall.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Winter_Kills

Yes, Aaron disrespected longtime Thor fans. He turned Creel into an allegory for them. And yes, there are some fans like that. There are sexist individuals & ranters, who definitely have deep seated issues. Those people NEED TO STOP. There is NO PLACE for such disrespectful sexist comments in our world, that I agree with whole-heartedly. Such behavior angers me when I think about all the women I love & have loved in my life. I was raised to believe that ALL MEN & WOMEN were created equal. But these people- these bigots- DO NOT represent all longtime Thor fans that have legitimate concerns & criticisms, & voice them respectfully. Aaron dismisses us by lumping us in with those others. I am a long-time Thor fan since I was measuring my age in single digits, & I voice my opinions & concerns with respect..obviously, with more respect than Aaron does. I was raised to respect women, to treat them as equals, BECAUSE THEY ARE. I am surrounded in my life by many amazing women that I love, including my mother, the strongest woman I've known in my life, who nearly died bringing me into this world, who taught me many of the ideals I hold dear, the ideals that heroes like Cap & Thor championed(if there was a real life Mjolnir, I have no doubt my mother would be worthy of it.)- the Thor I know would never call a woman a "wench". There are female characters that I absolutely adore, & have since I was a kid- Sif, Valkyrie, Black Widow, Mockingbird, Sue Storm/Richards, She-Hulk, Kate Bishop(who I call Hawkeye just as I do Clint, she earned the name), to name a few- & I have enjoyed their adventures & stories as much as I have any male hero. I loved JIM featuring Sif, hated seeing it get cancelled, I've loved Black Widow forever, & I've loved Mockingbird ever since I read the first Hawkeye mini-series, & enjoyed reading WCA & Hawkeye & Mockingbird for her just as much as Hawkeye. Aaron is only looking at one group of Thor fans- fans I'm truly ashamed of- & lumping everyone with legitimate criticism in with them, & that is just as wrong & disrespectful as these individuals he is decrying. They don't represent all Thor fans. He's looking at that group & writing those of us off that have genuine concerns about a character that many of us grew up with. For fans like me, & @asgaard & @skaldadottir, the issue with Aaron's current run has NOTHING to do with feminism or equality issues. It has to do with a character that we love being torn down & disrespected, not just his character, but his entire mythos. Thor is a character who represents honor, courage & nobility(& as I said, the Thor I know- at least after his lesson in humility, was never disrespectful towards women), & all that is being turned on its ear. Our concerns is with that, & that the book has so declined in quality from T:GOT, going from epic tales of God-Butchers & Thor across time to bank robberies & Roxxon's corruption. Would I be opposed to a female hammer-wielder for a time? DEFINTELY NOT, if done correctly, with reverence for Thor's history & mythos, which isn't being done here, IMO. There are characters that I have no doubt that would be worthy of the hammer- Sif, Valkyrie, & quite possibly Angela for example. To wield Mjolnir, you have to understand Thor, & Mjolnir. You have to understand the way of a warrior, & have a warrior's heart. The characters I mentioned above could do that as well as Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, Cap & any other hammer-wielder if written correctly, & I'd enjoy reading it. But also, they'd have to show Thor's journey into becoming worthy again- or rediscovering why he is worthy in himself- which would make for a great story if done correctly, but Aaron isn't doing that. Aaron is pushing this character- most likely Roz Solomon- who is not a warrior, & dismantling Thor himself- tearing him down & focusing so much on building the new character that Thor himself becomes secondary; mistreated & mischaracterized, along with much of his supporting cast. These are the concerns that many long-time Thor fans have, & we voice them respectfully but are ignored or belittled or told just to get over it, by both users on this site & Marvel editorial. Our opinions are as valid as anyone else's, I give everyone the same respect that I would want. (That, too, I was taught by a woman.) With this allegory, Aaron is just as short-sighted as the group he is condoning.

@mcdavid said:

It certainly feels a bit back-handed, doesn't it ?

While I currenly do not like much how the intrigue is being handled (as in making the plot drag on and even more convoluted with each passing issue; aka tell us it's Roz already and carry onward with the 9 realms war pact /roxxon...please I'm getting bored), I can still respect a writer.

Sadly, this isn't reciprocated by the current writing team who deems it's ok to downplay legitimate readers concerns to bigotry and small mindedness. Are dare you focus on the mantle's transition, they say on one hand...while on the other making the plot all about the newThor's identity?!

Dare I point out the hypocrisy? No, maybe I shouldn't. Noticing questionable writing is the stuff of bigots afterall.

You've hit the nail on the head here. He's lumping legitimate readers concerns in with those who are bigoted & small-minded. There is a definite hypocrisy & you have put it masterfully.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mcdavid

@cgoodness said:
    No Caption Provided

LOL..thanks for that man, I needed that xD

Aaron obviously wants to cause major buttburt, so...I guess successful troll is successful ? :p

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

nah he made a joke at the feminist which is true.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

Lol well done you tell those dipsticks :D

You and Aaron have a lot in common, he fails in his writing and you fail in arguments, but both like to insult other people who disagree with your views.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I thought it was funny. I have been enjoying Aaron's run on the book since God Butcher and think it is still very engaging. The only thing that I haven't liked this run has been his depiction of Odin, especially this issue. It just doesn't seem logical that he would appoint the Serpent to anything or release the Destroyer on someone when everybody else is OK with it. I like his depiction of unworthy Thor trying to figure out who is wielding the hammer, and it was a good scene with Sif. The Titania part was a little much after all the years of her doing serious damage to female heroes like She-Hulk.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Aaron insulted Thor fans because I, among others, don't like his crappy comic. So what? Am I supposed to feel bad? Well, sorry to disappoint you, Aaron, but I don't. And I never will. The reason that I don't like your comic is because it is just another uninspired, PC-Progressive, screwjob of a character I have come to appreciate. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that makes your poser stand out from the original Thor save for the costume and the fact that she is a woman.

And that, in and of itself, is not a new idea. There have been countless other female versions of existing male superheroes before: Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Hulk, Namorita, X-23, take your pick. I can appreciate these characters because at least the writers didn't have screw over the male counterparts in order to create them. Bruce Banner could still become the Hulk when She-Hulk came around. Wolverine still had his adamantium skeleton and healing factor when they introduced X-23. Hell, we've even had female versions of Thor even before Aaron came up with this (What-If Jane Foster, anyone?).

Apart from all the powers that the real Thor possesed when he was worthy of Mjolnir, the poser has no real power of her own (unless you count gradually losing those powers when separated from the hammer a power). With the exception of Thor himself, there isn't a single villain/enemy that the poser has faced that the real God of Thunder hadn't already dealt with himself (although to be fair, I suppose I could let Absorbing Man slide because other heroes have fought him before as well). The only thing that this two-bit replacement has got going for her is the fact that nobody knows who she is and even that can't last forever. This whole thing is uninspired, unoriginal, and done at the expense of one of Marvel's classic characters.

So feel free to call me and anyone else who sees through your smoke and mirrors whatever you like, Aaron. It doesn't change the fact that I think your comic sucks. You may still write decent material (God of Thunder, Ghost Rider, Star Wars) but it doesn't absolve you of the fact that what you're doing right now with Thor is garbage. Complete and utter PC garbage.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Zarathos022

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

1. I was never in an argument.

2. All the people who are saying that Aaron has ruined thor and that makeing thor a woman has destroyed the character are the same people who only one year ago where prasieng Aaron for writeing God of Thunder.

3. The thor fan bace on comicvine has become a joke, the large volcal majority, whitch I'm sure with a login like Asgaard you must be a part of, complains and bitches about everything.

So please excuse me if I don't take what you say into consideration.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Aaron insulted Thor fans because I, among others, don't like his crappy comic. So what? Am I supposed to feel bad? Well, sorry to disappoint you, Aaron, but I don't. And I never will. The reason that I don't like your comic is because it is just another uninspired, PC-Progressive, screwjob of a character I have come to appreciate. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that makes your poser stand out from the original Thor save for the costume and the fact that she is a woman.

And that, in and of itself, is not a new idea. There have been countless other female versions of existing male superheroes before: Supergirl, Batgirl, She-Hulk, Namorita, X-23, take your pick. I can appreciate these characters because at least the writers didn't have screw over the male counterparts in order to create them. Bruce Banner could still become the Hulk when She-Hulk came around. Wolverine still had his adamantium skeleton and healing factor when they introduced X-23. Hell, we've even had female versions of Thor even before Aaron came up with this (What-If Jane Foster, anyone?).

Apart from all the powers that the real Thor possesed when he was worthy of Mjolnir, the poser has no real power of her own (unless you count gradually losing those powers when separated from the hammer a power). With the exception of Thor himself, there isn't a single villain/enemy that the poser has faced that the real God of Thunder hadn't already dealt with himself (although to be fair, I suppose I could let Absorbing Man slide because other heroes have fought him before as well). The only thing that this two-bit replacement has got going for her is the fact that nobody knows who she is and even that can't last forever. This whole thing is uninspired, unoriginal, and done at the expense of one of Marvel's classic characters.

So feel free to call me and anyone else who sees through your smoke and mirrors whatever you like, Aaron. It doesn't change the fact that I think your comic sucks. You may still write decent material (God of Thunder, Ghost Rider, Star Wars) but it doesn't absolve you of the fact that what you're doing right now with Thor is garbage. Complete and utter PC garbage.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Zarathos022

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

or you know evolve and enjoy the story . who is this thor has me sitting and waiting. will it change my life? no. but i dont need to nitpick stuff to death . ride the wave and see where it takes you . don't like it? don't buy it!!! this and similar arguments complaining they don't like lemons cuz they taste bad yet they keep stuffing their mouth holes with em instead of just leaving them be .

for all the die hard who are screaming "give us our white male hero created from 60s and is never ever ever allowed to change!!!" look: a year or 2 with femthor and either she dies a pointless death, disfigured and forgotten, or get her own spinoff after proving herself popular with fans . old people and comic fans , hate change and instead of embracing or ignoring the new ideas just complain and complain and complain . i wonder if john stewart had to go through this .

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: At least when Aaron was writing God of Thunder, he actually treated Thor like a hero instead of the broken shadow of his former self that he is now.

And as far as I'm concerned, the only joke I see around hear is the poser he's replaced the real Thor with. And you are falling for it. Hard.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on taking business classes eventually once i can rake in some money so i can get in the bar business and ive been familiarizing my self with some basic business info, and insulting your customers is one of the worst things you can do, in the future should it happen if one of my employees were to ever insult a customer (no matter how bad the customer was) id send that employee home without pay no matter their position, now while not the same as the comic business, the term "the customer is always right" is true no matter what business you are in, and mocking the customer is what Aaron did. Id expect Marvel to make a statement &/or apologize but until then id recommend us Thor fans display our feelings on this issue every chance we are given.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@winter_kills: Seriously dude, you just nailed it all over again. Major kudos to the balanced and well thought out post for old and younger Thor fans alike who dislike this PR stunt.

I plan on taking business classes eventually once i can rake in some money so i can get in the bar business and ive been familiarizing my self with some basic business info, and insulting your customers is one of the worst things you can do, in the future should it happen if one of my employees were to ever insult a customer (no matter how bad the customer was) id send that employee home without pay no matter their position, now while not the same as the comic business, the term "the customer is always right" is true no matter what business you are in, and mocking the customer is what Aaron did. Id expect Marvel to make a statement &/or apologize but until then id recommend us Thor fans display our feelings on this issue every chance we are given.

Hey good example, if it works in a bar or other customer service workplace, it works for comic fans and consumers. Those who are somehow liking what Aaron is doing don't seem to get the validity and value of our critiques and complaints.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@winter_kills: Seriously dude, you just nailed it all over again. Major kudos to the balanced and well thought out post for old and younger Thor fans alike who dislike this PR stunt.

@cgoodness said:

Hey good example, if it works in a bar or other customer service workplace, it works for comic fans and consumers. Those who are somehow liking what Aaron is doing don't seem to get the validity and value of our critiques and complaints.

What i forgot to mention was that that "bad customer" is going to never come back and will discourage others from coming so it will lose you new customers and other customers who saw the insult will think to not come back which results in some not coming back and discouraging other not to go which means less new customers, less frequent customers, bad reviews, and less revenue. A good employee would turn a bad situation into a good one which results in customers coming back, new customers coming in, good reviews, and more revenue

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: More fair points, this is how I feel too. Like I don't want to read Aaron's Thor ever again and discourage others too. Granted I did like what Aaron wrote on Thor: GoT but even so this is like a big slap in the face to all the good stories we were getting from Aaron beforehand. Not to mention that this was one of his goals when he started writing Thor, making his treatment of the character all the more dubious. And clearly Aaron is not turning a bad situation into a good one if he's using a supervillain as a metaphor for all his critics and nay sayers of his current storyline.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Superguy1591

Thor is manly? With his pretty golden locks? I'll never respect a blonde man...except Captain America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

That's way too heavy handed in any case.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Sometimes people really want to have a good reason to be pissed off especially when it comes to things they are passionate about. Like anything, if you look hard enough and want to see something you will. Do I think that he is attacking fans, no (could he be, yes).

I find what Absorbing man said as pretty funny and true to what someone like Creel would say in this situation. He definitely feels like he's above Thor and now that there is a female Thor he probably (being as he is) feels even further above her.

I totally understand how someone could be somewhat peeved by this but let's be reasonable/rational.

Now as far as the name stuff, It's totally understandable why Thor would not feel worthy of his name after losing Mjolnir, and maybe the Female character hasn't given up her name, but more so is ashamed or wants to hide it for whatever reason.

Let's just all relax and put down our weapons for a little bit, everything will be ok

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By z3ro180

@zarathos022: I'm not falling for anything, if Aaron had Ben writeing a bad story then yes I would also be in the same boat as you, but as of right now his storys have been good, you all are just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lvenger

@z3ro180 said:

@zarathos022: I'm not falling for anything, if Aaron had Ben writeing a bad story then yes I would also be in the same boat as you, but as of right now his storys have been good, you all are just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Clearly you've read none of our complaints or understand the justifiable problems we have with this. We're not bitching for the sake of bitching at all, I certainly never do that. We dislike this poor take on Thor because it's disrespectful to Thor's own character and identity, is clearly shown as an obvious gimmick and false diversity for diversity's sake and demeans a woman's role as a superhero. Aaron is writing a bad story in our books, just because you think it's good doesn't mean everyone else shares your opinion. Understand differences of opinion and where we're coming from and you might start understanding people better. As it stands, you're just blinding yourself to the validity of our criticisms for the sake of it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: there might be some vailid critasims but really I don't see them I just see a whole bunch of people on the Internet yet again jumping on a bandwagon.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator

This is what happens when you question forced political correctness; especially in the form of PC diversity - if you criticize the PC diversity narrative, you will be met with insults. This is all that the PC police can do, insult and take cheap shots at anyone who disagrees with their warped narrative.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@z3ro180 said:

@lvenger: there might be some vailid critasims but really I don't see them I just see a whole bunch of people on the Internet yet again jumping on a bandwagon.

How can you say this considering this is exactly what Aaron did but to a bigger scale? Aaron jumped on the PC diversity bandwagon and replaced Thor with a female on the basis of attempting to appeal to females; thereby alienating Thor's long-time fanbase. Aaron used the cheap route by replacing an already popular character for a female, indicating he doesn't really know how to handle diversity.

A lot of people are fine with political corectness, but it becomes a problem once Marvel force it on their readers.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jacthripper

@frozen: Was Girl Thor Aaron's idea or was it some bigwig's and Aaron just has to carry it out?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@sodamyat said:

@primebonnick said:

There will be the day when he will not be writing Thor and we will still be fans of the character, i don't get what was his goal, no ones like to be insulted, this will not make me and others change our opinion, because that doesn't erase the mentioned flaws of the new book, only gives him less and less credibility between who felt insulted, i thought his writing goal was to appeal to all the fans.

who knows what these writers think at the best of times. I do get people will be insulted though and he brought that on himself, but i gotta admit alot of people are saying this about feminist so i couldn't help but be amused.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yeah I say insult Thor is his name not to be passed on to anybody male or female.

I love female heroes if unique and done right. Thor is a established character very old and with a rich history. How hard is it to simply respect fans and create something that is good for all fans?

I think Marvel thinks they tried that already with Thor girl and Lady SIF. I would love to see them push Sif more

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

He's insulting idiots. If they happen to be fans of Thor it's irrelevant.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard:

1. I was never in an argument.

2. All the people who are saying that Aaron has ruined thor and that makeing thor a woman has destroyed the character are the same people who only one year ago where prasieng Aaron for writeing God of Thunder.

3. The thor fan bace on comicvine has become a joke, the large volcal majority, whitch I'm sure with a login like Asgaard you must be a part of, complains and bitches about everything.

So please excuse me if I don't take what you say into consideration.

Yup you are Aaron's twin because again like him you made another generalization, yes i have problems with the new book, but i gave it a shot, i made topics where i try to guess what could be the whisper, without hurting Thor as honorable Asgardian Warrior, the same with Odin, in another topic i also try to guess who female Thor is, and i m a simple hater? No i m not i just dislike some of Aaron creative decisions like call her Thor, yes i have problems with that like i said above.

"Giving up on your name is like giving up on your identity, and that defines who you are, how Thor Odinson gives up on his name wasn't believable, he was Thor before he was worthy of Mjolnir".

You don't take what i say in consideration? Why do you post in this topic? Did you post without read the topic?

@frozen: Was Girl Thor Aaron's idea or was it some bigwig's and Aaron just has to carry it out?

I was Aaron's idea i said it in multiple interviews.

@teerack said:

In my perspective is not healthy to insult the fans from a character that you are writing (idiots or not).

The new book has flaws, if you usually read Thor books you know that some fans have valid points.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

So anyone who is a fan of Thor as he was before is an idiot now? Way to generalise us Thor fans.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is right though . Most of the Thor fans are idiots and retarded .

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: If not wanting to waste my money on some PC screwjob of classic character makes me an idiot, then you must have strange ideas on what qualifies as an idiot.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Asgaard

@agentofchaos1 said:

He is right though . Most of the Thor fans are idiots and retarded .

Can you explain why?

@renchamp: Are all this insults in this topic acceptable in comicvine?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.