Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8589 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Agent Roz, Loki and Mjolnir

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gp3

So the new character worthy of Mjolnir who Marvel calls Thor is Roz?

No Caption Provided

Knew Dario Agger

No Caption Provided

The one that is missing from this list is Roz.

No Caption Provided

We already saw that she thinks like human in the books, but by this description in my understanding she definitely is not Asgardian. So let's go with the humans suspects, both Jane and Roz are not Blonde why the hell the new female character after being worthy of Mjolnir became blonde?

In Axis worthy Loki was like the other worthy characters BRB or Cap, How Aaron will explain that the character the he created (Roz) is brunette but with Mjolnir is blond? If none of the other worthy characters became blonde, and worthy Loki was after unworthy Thor so the new enchantments on the hammer doesn't fit. And we also can't forget that the human Steve Rogers when worthy of Mjolnir never behave like an Asgardian like this new worthy female does, will this be explained with logic or it was something necessary to accomplish a character that is the female version of Thor for the headlines/publicity/sales? After the whisper and Odin unworthy i m not expecting a solid plot for a book based on a pr stunt, but this hair color thing makes me confused even if this is only a comic book!

No Caption Provided

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Blonde thing is an issue?

I mean, given the number of 'body' changes Thunderstrike Jr. went through before settling on his MC2 one? (Not to mention Masterson doing the same thing.) I'd think something that could be explained by a bottle of hair dye wouldn't be a big deal.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gp3

@tyger said:

The Blonde thing is an issue?

I mean, given the number of 'body' changes Thunderstrike Jr. went through before settling on his MC2 one? (Not to mention Masterson doing the same thing.) I'd think something that could be explained by a bottle of hair dye wouldn't be a big deal.

Are you reading the new Book?

She said the hammer was the one that changed her...Why that didn't happen to Loki in Axis?

There also the part where she thinks like Human (earth) but speaks and acts like she was Asgardian (Midgard), the hammer never did that to Steve Rogers when he was worthy.

She is human but marvel and Aaron call her Thor so she must behave like an Asgardian (female version of Thor), since when wielding the hammer makes you Asgardian? Sorry but that isn't in the canon ("Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor"), as far as i know Beta Ray Bill never behave like the Asgardians. Aaron to make this work is butching a lot of Thor and Mjolnir marvel comics mythology.

No Caption Provided

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no such thing as canon anymore. There are only fiscal quarters and public relations stunts.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Sadly yes. Asking for consistency and editors who actually expect writers to hold true to past continuity is too much to ask for anymore.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at the same time, Canon isn't consistent up to this point either. I think this whole Canon thing is overblown. One of the problems is too many global level heroes alongside too many events.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at the same time, Canon isn't consistent up to this point either. I think this whole Canon thing is overblown. One of the problems is too many global level heroes alongside too many events.

Yes it's true, but the events of Axis (Loki worthy) and this new character wielding Mjolnir book could have more consistency, after all it's the same editorial team and the timeline is very close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do believe it was Roz and Aaron will probably just say the hammer gave her blond hair because Thor has blond hair even though it didn't change anyone else's hair or speech. This storyline is silly.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I do believe it was Roz and Aaron will probably just say the hammer gave her blond hair because Thor has blond hair even though it didn't change anyone else's hair or speech. This storyline is silly.

Aaron probably will go with the story line when Doctor Strange repair Mjolnir with Thor life force, after being damage in the fight with Bor, saying that she is Thor and behaves like Thor because the hammer has Thor life force, but still doesn't make sense because Steve Rogers (fear itself) and Loki (axis) were worthy after Strange fix Mjonir and they weren't changed, and Steve and Loki (Laufeyson) are not Asgardians.

Aaron also can ignore everything i said, like he did in TGOT with Freyja pregnancy from Fraction Run.

PR Stunt »»»»»» Plot and Solid Story line.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HaveAtThee

@phisigmatau:

Too many titles and overexposure of certain characters. When you over saturate the market it's hard to explain how these characters tie into the stories. But, with that being said, the editors and writers purposely ignore much of Marvel's continuity. The characters these days are mere props for whatever story they decide to tell at any given time.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

worthy loki has a different armor. maybe it depends who the wielder.. I Forgot the issue it was before marvel now when Brb came to Asgard and beaten by a shrek like being?skrull maybe? his outfit changed.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gp3

worthy loki has a different armor. maybe it depends who the wielder.. I Forgot the issue it was before marvel now when Brb came to Asgard and beaten by a shrek like being?skrull maybe? his outfit changed.

i was talking about physiology changes like the hair, that never happen until now Agent Roz and Jane are not blonde and if you are reading the new book you know she is human, and there is no justification for her physiology change, because Loki hair didn't change and he was worthy after Thor was unworthy so nothing new happen to the hammer, and as you know none of the past worthy characters change their physiology when worthy of Mjolnir.

Thor 6 cover

No Caption Provided

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gp3: yup, got your point. For sure it will explained why it changed not just the garments but also the physiology. this is really new like odin being unworthy. maybe mjolnir is sentient? well , need to wait how will aaron explain this.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gp3

@titing2101 said:

@gp3: yup, got your point. For sure it will explained why it changed not just the garments but also the physiology. this is really new like odin being unworthy. maybe mjolnir is sentient? well , need to wait how will aaron explain this.

Let me ask you and by your Avatar you are Thor fan, do you believe that there is a solid justification for This?

Let's face it she had to be blonde to look like the female version of Thor that's the Pr stunt, her image is what is selling not her original character personality you don't have anything from her personality in the new book, only the hammer commanding her to do stuff like she was Asgardian and she isn't, for now you have to admit this isn't Sif or Valkyrie or other worthy warrior of Asgard wielding Mjolnir, and do you know why, because you couldn't call Thor to Sif or Valkyrie they have their personality well establish, so in my opinion there is no justification to the physiology change or the Whisper (Thor is a brave Warrior a whisper would never take him down) they were just tools to make a fast change that butched a lot of the honored warrior's and his marvel comics mythology past.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gp3:

@gp3 said:

@titing2101 said:

Let me ask you and by your Avatar you are Thor fan, do you believe that there is a solid justification for This?

Let's face it she had to be blonde to look like the female version of Thor that's the Pr stunt, her image is what is selling not her original character personality you don't have anything from her personality in the new book, only the hammer commanding her to do stuff like she was Asgardian and she isn't, for now you have to admit this isn't Sif or Valkyrie or other worthy warrior of Asgard wielding Mjolnir, and do you know why, because you couldn't call Thor to Sif or Valkyrie they have their personality well establish, so in my opinion there is no justification to the physiology change or the Whisper (Thor is a brave Warrior a whisper would never take him down) they were just tools to make a fast change that butched a lot of the honored warrior's and his marvel comics mythology past.

Yes. Thor is my fave character :)

That being said, there are many inconsistencies in comics because of the writers. Sometimes writers tend to forget or ignore what has been established. Also they sometimes provide explanation or just plainly ignore it. As a fan of thor, yes i was really furious at the same time curious of what that whisper is. maybe one stupid way of taking down thor(jobbing at its finest..lol) . I really dont care much about the current "thor", yes i am waiting for the explanation of things from the books to come. but I am more interested on how thor will develop being unworthy and what he can do.

PS. Really hate the cutting of his arm. he looks badass with the destroyers arm but. thats a blow on his durabilty. Apocalypse throwing jarbjron >> malekith swinging.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.