Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

Write in request to Marvel for upcoming Thing Battle.

capshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Just would like to mention that in a recent letters page letter in Fantastic Four, a request was made for an issue dedicated to having Thing fight and defeat a major Super bad heavy weight. Suggestions like the Hulk, Abomination ect... were made. I would love to see this done soon. My vote is for Ulik the Rock Troll or the Abomination. He has beaten the latter in a series a few years back for younger audiences. But it would be great to see it done in the main stream Fantastic Four Comic and time line. So If you are fans of the ever lovin Blue eyed thing, write an email to marvel and make a request. Thanks. Capshield.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Abomination. I feel like the Thing is such an underdog against the Abomination, who I imagine is much stronger and faster but the Thing's got so much heart that he just wouldn't quit. Should make for an epic battle.

capshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abomination is a little stronger than the Thing but Ben's fighting skills and heart would make the difference in his coming out on top. It should be remembered, that Thing has defeated Dr Doom, Executioner, Super Adaptoid, Blastaar, Sub Mariner, Anihilus, Klaw Kree Sentry, Sand Man, and many other top level bad guys. Not too mention fighting Hulk, Silver surfer to near draws!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

The Red Hulk.

I would love to see Ben kick Rulk's tail.

capshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I did not think of Red Hulk. I would really enjoy seeing Ben take him down too. I hope you wrote in and made that request. By the way, I see Fraction is leaving already. These writers now days have the attention span of a 2 year olds. The Fantastic Four are just not handled well at all. Its been that way for years with a few bright spots here and there. But if you compare it to the 60's, 70's and 80's, its been down hill ever since. I am really disgusted with Marvel and how they have nearly ruined the once greatest characters that started it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.