Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8020 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

Why the Thing in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Makes Sense

• 59 results
    Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
    Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@rag_man said:
    @uncanny_xfactor said:
    @comic_book_fan said:

@uncanny_xfactor: he is stronger than either of the other members.

I know. I said more sensical members, i.e., more classical members like Drax or Groot, I didn't say stronger. I do like him here though.

Yeah I agree he makes sense in space, but what an odd team dynamic...Seems like too many brutes?

That's exactly the problem. Need some more creative power sets.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Starhawk needs to show up again soon.

~KL~

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not a fan of this. Thing belongs with FF and Kitty belongs in the x-books. Why can't everybody be where they are supposed to be. Bendix cherry-picking whoever he wants for his GOTG is ridiculous. GOTG should have its own characters if it should even exist at all. FF should be doing this not GOTG

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: This is obviously Marvel's F-U to sony/fox (or whomever has the rights to the FF currently). I'm in agreement though I have to say that the dialogue where Ben asks "who has the infinity armor?" was a concept I never thought of.

A lot of these reboots, the avengers titles, guardians, etc… are piss poor books. Bad team formations, crappy costume concepts, I'm not investing in much of this crap. I just plop my ass down in the local comic shop, read a book and put it back on the shelf.

BTW, what happened to the evolved beast, gamora & angel from that mirror story arc with thanos' son.

QFT.

At least the part about Marvel's F-U. I'm glad that there are some folks who get it. No, there is no "legal" issue with Marvel making FF comics, or X-Men comics. Marvel/Disney just doesn't want to keep making comics to create a new audience for movie franchises that they don't currently own.

The X-Men are gone, gone, GONE. Mutants can't live on earth due to the Terrigen bomb, apparently. But who cares.. since Inhumans have replaced them right? Marvel figures that in 8-10 years, nobody will care, and we'll have cool Inhumans movies.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@g_man: Nice read. I haven't read much about the GotG but your article has answered some questions I have had about it. You should do one on why Beast is with the Inhumans.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By stumpy49er

I kinda love the idea of the Thing being in GotG. I have some old Thing comics from the 80's and he spent most of those off in space.

As for the question of what does he bring to the team? He's the ever lovin Thing. He brings his good looks.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Galerion

@luciferjonez said:

@truemarvel:

BTW, what happened to the evolved beast, gamora & angel from that mirror story arc with thanos' son.

Beast gave up his powers again at the end. Gamora and Angel didn't. Where Gamora currently is is unknown. Angel will be on All-New X-Men and will probably have a bit of a supporting role in All-New Wolverine. Beast is hanging out with the Inhumans.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamoras fate is revealed at gotg v4 #1-2

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kantrip said:

Haters are gonna hate but I am digging the new GotG and can't wait to see what the surprise villain at the end of the issue is gonna bring forth.

Hala the Accuser made her debut in Guardians of Knowhere. I'm interested in seeing whether the Guardians recognize her or not, that would reveal some interesting Meta-knowledge about SW.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be better if it wasn't written by Bendis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.