Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

What happened to the Thing in 1986?

PunchMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PunchMonkey

Hi everyone,

I just got finished reading The Thing (1983-1986). At the end of the series, he's sick... clammy with weird pink splotches all over him. He busts out of the hospital and ends up walking alone down a beach. The comic says we find out what happens in West Coast Avengers #10. So I dug around to find this issue... and all that's in it is a silhouette of Thing saying he won't join there team... and no indication of where the story continues. I see he's back in FF 296, but he seems fine.

Can anyone tell me what happens with The Thing? I'm guessing it's resolved in some other series like a two in one.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By infonation

@PunchMonkey: He was going through some sort of mutation but I never found out what caused it or why it went away so quickly. All I know is that he wanted to join the Avengers but couldn't because he was so self-concious about his condition.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

He was mutating further and wanted to be left alone.

Ben went to Monster Isle where he befriended the Mole Man and lived until the other members of the FF found him there and convinced him to return to his former life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.