Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

Thing is strong.. But what about Ben?

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Band Lone

So, Thing we know that he is quite strong and all, but what about Ben? What's his ability? I heard he is able to break from his shell with some weird potion. What then? What if he encounters a criminal then? Does he have any combat ability or anything at all? Or is he just a walking diploma without his rocky exterior? 

No Caption Provided
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think he's got the strength of a guy his age in pretty good shape. But since he's getting old he's probably not close to a powerhouse. 

Back in the early 2000's when he had the ability to change back and forth I kinda wished he'd work out his organic body and get much stronger when he changed back to Thing. But then he lost the ability.....course then they did the idea with She-Hulk a bit later.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

the potion only lasts for one week and can only be used once a year....Ben is just a normal guy when his powers are turned off

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scarbearer

Ben was a skilled fighter who'd been on alot of Black Ops missions before he ever became a super hero.  Now I would imagine that if he lost his powers, he'd have to adjust his tactics because he's used to fighting in a body that's hard to hurt and strong as hell, but I think he's skilled enough that he can hold his own with most of the 'skilled normals' of the Marvel universe.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Ben was raised on the mean streets of NYC where he was once a member and leader of the Yancy Street Gang.  While in high school and college he competed in sports including football and boxing.  After he graduated from college he joined the military and was trained to become a skilled and experienced pilot and fighter.  Since then Ben became the Thing and has had innumerable battles with a veritable who's who of Marvel characters.  His hand to hand fighting experience is immense.   

Based on this; when Ben is in his human form he is still a trained, skilled and experienced fighter who would be quite capable of holding his own against most non-powered opponents without a high level of fighting ability.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.