Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

The Thing is #5 in power rank!?

Goji64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Goji64

Not to be rude I do respect the Thing but he is not that strong. Hulk, Godzilla, and Superman could all defeat him

Not trying to trash the Thing, just saying #5 really?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

They're not reliable. They're buggy and fan-voted. Pay no attention.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By z3ro180

Like mercy said dont bother with them i mean at one point howard the duck out ranked superman.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By thestarguy

I tend to view the Power rankings as more of a respect / popularity ranking, personally.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

The Thing is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough respect. So it is nice to see him get some love somewhere.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thestarguy

@Blood1991 said:

The Thing is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough respect. So it is nice to see him get some love somewhere.

Couldn't agree more! Ben Grimm is my quintessential hero. When it comes down to guys that you plain just have to admire, and really want to be like, he is nearly at the top of the list! I can't think of anyone who I would want to have my back in a fight except maybe Hercules! Marvel comics is literally built on the backs of selfless courageous heroes like Ben.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By infonation

@thestarguy: True, I like to think the only reason Ben looks weak is because he always holds back in fights, in fact he usually pulls his punches even when he's fighting an enemy that might be at LEAST twice as strong as him!

capshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By capshield

Just some great battles starring my favorite Super Hero the Thing. FF 165, FF 40, FF 355, FF298, FF 148, FF 139, FF Heroes Reborn # 11, AVX Versus # 1. I could go on and on, but those are some good samples. There are also some great ones from the Ultimate FF series, though thats from an alternate universe.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He used to #1 . . . but, alas, those days are forever gone since CV shutdown that feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.