Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

The Thing

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

If you could have all of the things powers, but you had to look like him would you do it?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"If you could have all of the things powers, but you had to look like him would you do it?"

Nope. You could pretty much forget any real personal interaction with your significant other and it's not like there are any supervillains out there anyway.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

There was a time when I would have but not anymore.

Sorry, Ben.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By samuel_larson_10

nope.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Onemoreposter

If I lived in the 616verse? Yeah, I probably would. He saves countless lives and still gets some trim.

In the real world? I doubt it. I'd probably get abducted by the government and never get to do anything good for society. Most importantly, I'd probably never get to be with a woman again.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JonSmith

'Fraid not. The downsides just aren't worth the upsides.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.

Ye, I sure would get his powers, even if I have ta give ma own face. Havin' super strength, super durability an' a super punch would be awesome, I dont really care 'bout ma looks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.