Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8020 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

Could think be able to transform soon? :O

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

It looks to me like in this current Fantastic Four story arch they are setting things up for the thing to gain the ability to control his transformations.

When his powers first started to mess up he turned black and his crack glowed at one point. Now his rocks have fallen off and he is looking normal in the preview for the next issue.

In the recent alternate earth they showed a different Thing where the guy could transform back and forth from black and glowy rock form to normal.

You think maybe he'll be able to shift between forms soon? I think it would be cool and he deserves it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope so, it's about time they freaking cured him for real. There is no reason with all this science, and magic they can only cure him 1 day out of the year. In the ultimates he was pretty much wonderman, glowing purple and all that, but he could use his rock form too, I don't see why he would want to because his glowing form was clearly better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8
    deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing should get new developement for his powers because it makes sense for his rocky form to be a sort of cocoon.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Instead of a complete cure he should somehow be given the ability to change to his powered form like Colossus can.

Saying that, if he truly wanted to be cured he could have just asked Sersi to change him back.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Instead of a complete cure he should somehow be given the ability to change to his powered form like Colossus can.

Saying that, if he truly wanted to be cured he could have just asked Sersi to change him back.

That's what ultimate colossus did. human Form, Wonderman form, Rock form.

I don't know the difference between rock form and wonderman form. though or why he would choose to use the rock one. Maybe it is physically stronger, but he seemed just as strong.

After secret wars maybe he will be updated

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.