mr_colossus's The Wolverine review

Avatar image for mr_colossus

A Step In the Right Direction

The Wolverine is a decent movie and much better than it predecessor. I think overall it was a good movie, but did have a few plot issues and possibly not enough action. Jackman and Wolverine is still spectacular and it does have him in a little bit truer form to the comic portrayal. I think it one of the top two X-Men franchise movies. The cast was well done and cinematography was great. I do think that the antagonists used in this movie were not played out as well as they could have. I give it a 4 out of 5 over all, but the last 10 - 15 minutes of the movie almost caused it to drop down to a 3. Just some of the ending scenes let something to be hoped for. There is an after credit scene that should be seen and will tease you to what is to come next year with X-Men: Days of Future Past. All in all it was a good movie to watch and good cinematic time. I would recommend to go see it when you get a chance.