The Walking Dead Episode 1.06 "TS-19" Comparison

• 63 results
#51 Posted by HexThis (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall it was a good episode. They did have the haunting CDC center but I was relieved that there was no zombie conspiracy or bigger question surrounded by a ton of misleads a la Lost. The Walking Dead truly is it's own show and I think the mythology was strengthened by this episode. 

However, I was a little disappointed by how they handled Jaqui. First of all, it looked a little bad that Dale didn't try to convince her to join them but being that he was pressed for time and had no interaction with her, I'll let it slide. Still, I feel like she was a dead woman walking (no pun intended) from the moment she was introduced which makes her death too easy...it should never be too easy. If we are to believe in the danger of this situation, it should always be someone whose death means something. That's not to say it needs to be melodramatic or time-consuming but it has to have some substance, I think. People dying is always an emotional thing, they're not soldiers, they're civilians who are trapped in this dire situation. 

Also that actress was excellent, she did so much communicating with her face that brought real character to the role.  

#52 Posted by Virus_Warning (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I like the show.  It's a lot more..hardcore than most TV shows
I'm only mildly familiar with the comics in this case, but aren't there supposed to be a set of twins around there somewhere?
-Virus

#53 Posted by blaakmawf (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that Jenner whispered the location of the last base he had communication with.

#54 Posted by Jayso4201 (631 posts) - - Show Bio

How do we know what the doc whispered in his ear, also that seems like an awfully long time to wait for the second season, when the first was only six episodes.  I liked the show I wouldn't say I'm in love with it, I liked the part where they explained how the zombies died and came back, thought that was cool, but I don't care for the "drama" parts. I don't know if anybody saw it but I liked the "Dead Set" much better.
#55 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

Fixing

#56 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I also first that that Rick was whispered to his ear that his wife is pregnant. Usually great news but not exactly an ideal thing to happen in that real bad situation. It could have been a look of great concern. Either way, I think both those theory's are the best bet.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
#57 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually figured that Jenner told Rick that everybody was already infected with the Z germ. That would be a much bigger thing for Jenner to mention, especially in the context of the existential suicide bent he was on. 

Why would Jenner really want to get involved with gossip about who Shane was molesting when he was contemplating humanity's extinction event? 

Knowing that everybody is already infected just adds this extra level of weight and hopelessness on everything. Just the kind of thing that would be driving jenner to suicide in the first place.
#58 Posted by fajkimajki (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I have bad feelings about it... They stopped driving a simple story and trying to complicate things (like Battlestar Galactica in seasons 3 and4).

#59 Posted by phantomzxro (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I maybe one of the few but i have to say i did not like the episode at all and it was not the finale to end on and be gone for so long. Everything just felt so cheesy and over acted. I just hope they don't try to hard to move in it's own direction that it loses focus. But one bad episode is still pretty good and i will wait and see how it turns out.
#60 Posted by CaptainCook43 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

The shows been really bugging me, i don't think the tv shane and comic shane are good matches. I haven't watched the final episode yet, i hope its good. I'm waiting can't wait for Michonne to enter into the show with her zombie friends and see how they do that.

#61 Posted by wallywest55 (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agnosia: L...M...A....O
#62 Posted by amirm (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that bothered me the most in the series was the fact that they aged up Andrea. In the comics she's in her early 20s (or so it seems) while in the TV series she looks 40ish.

The only reason I can come up with to that is that they were afraid that a sexual relationship between an elderly man and a young woman might come off as "wrong" or "non-sexy" in the eyes of the average TV audience. This missed the whole point of this relationship in the comic, namely to show that in apocalyptic times such as these, some things are just more important than age when choosing a partner. 

This indicates to me that the creators of the TV show are really afraid to take chances or breaking boundaries, and this what prevents this from being a truly great TV show. For me, this is OK, nothing more.

#63 Posted by jarko (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished the last episode of the season one, and boy, oh boy, did I hate it. I'm sorry, if this sounds like flaming, but for me, that was one of the worst things I've seen on a TV in a long time. Kind of dropped my expectations totally for the upcoming season 2. All in all, I think the series have been going steadily downhill after the episode 2. I really hope, that the second season would hit me better than the first, but I don't keep my hopes high. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.