Is there a more overrated show on TV than The Walking Dead?

• 116 results
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

The Walking Dead is ok. People regard it as the greatest show ever sometimes, so I agree with it being overrated. I think the ultimate overrated show though is Family Guy. That show has gone so downhill it isn't even watchable anymore.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Xanni15 said:

@ToO_RaW: You look tired in that second pic, you should get some sleep. ;)

I'll sleep when I'm undead!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ssejllenrad

@AllStarSuperman: Oh yeah I just remembered, personal opinion is hogwash in the inturnetz filled with lots of fanboys and all that.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

After watching this...I'm basically crestfallen at everything that AMC has done to what could have potentially been its greatest moneymaker ever. After watching this (which everyone should who's reading this forum post), I agree that yes...it is overrated now :/

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ComicKID777

@Xanni15: game of thrones in nice i dont really watch any of the other shows.Well you got to think sure he was in a world with zombies but he was in a world of zombies with his best friend an his family. that world so far has turned his best friend against in which he had to kill an killing your best friend an partner has to have some reall effects on your mind an then after that he lost his wife not too mention under his leadership many have died i think his crazy state of mind is justified. best parts of season 2 was the shane barn incident an the final conflict between shane an rick but the overall slow pacing of season 2 did hit the show in a hard way

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Charlie_Jade

@Xanni15 said:

To be fair and honest,

imdb ratings

walking dead 8.7/10

breaking bad 9.4/10

AND BREAKING BAD IS AWFULLY DULLSHIT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

Of course with all the hype I checked it out, 2 seasons later it still sucks, storylines so cliché, pinkmans pals are uninteresting, the women in the show are uninteresting wenches, the American latino are stereotyped as ruthless pimps, drug addicts, illegals and gangsters......yes groundbreaking television indeed...if you've never seen weeds or the wire or some kind of show that combines family disfunctionalism, recreational drug use and crime noir all together into one package it must be a big 'wow'

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Whoa steady on there. I was just simply voicing my opinion just as you have done. I have as much right to as you do pal.

What? Never said otherwise, pal. o.O

Well I disagree I think the acting is good and it is well written.I think they have done well to keep the writing suspenseful and surprising.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Well they did,considering they kidnapped part of Ricks group and forced them to tell them where they where located.

And what led to that? Aformer member of Rick's group walking right into the Gov's hands, and also because of Meryl being with him. Hardly a threat if Rick's group had stayed put, I mean Meryl couldn't even clear out the prison...

Shane he completely changed and went over the edge.Daryl has too he has become more caring and more human which is a good contrast to Rick and Shane whilst Shane went over the top,Daryl the opposite and Rick is kind of in the middle struggling with his humanity.Carl has changed he has become alot more independent.So that is just a few examples really.

Shane's dead, and I actually liked his character, He did have depth. I guess you're right about Daryl, but Carl's not more independent nor is he believable. So we'll disagree again.

Don't know don't really care what words you use just coming back with my thoughts and why I think what you are saying is total BS.Again that is what I think so don't take offense to that

So you come into my blog and criticize the words I used then act surprised when I take issue with it? Your critique of the word "overrated" was pointless and added nothing to this discussion Looks like you're the one who needs to "Whoa steady on there." If you can't keep things civil, please stop posting in this blog.

I critiqued the word overrated because there was really no good reason as to why you used it.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#58  Edited By turoksonofstone

@Xanni15 said:

@turoksonofstone: what makes you say that?

@ToO_RaW: You look tired in that second pic, you should get some sleep. ;)

@AllStarSuperman: I agree, Smallville was better than TWD, I haven't watched any of Breaking Bad yet so I can't comment.

I have seen Smallville and Breaking Bad and Dexter Game of thrones etc. some of those are very good and I could think of others but IMO TWD is second only to Six Feet Under in overall combined freshness and flawless execution of story.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By JamesKM716

The tension for me came from who would lives s go would die. Is Rock going crazy? What's going to happen to him and the group?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shows on tv, Hmm in regards to cartoons Adventure Time and Regular show, I mean come on they're not even funny in the slightest, one's just random for the sake of being random and the other is pointless as crap. Also Family guy like someone else said

In regards to the Walking Dead, I have not watched a single episode but I received a text at 1 last night saying that the show was awesome

As for Smallville I enjoyed it

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Xanni15

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Agreed, it could have been so much more than IMO a soap opera with zombies.

@ComicKID777 said:

@Xanni15: game of thrones in nice i dont really watch any of the other shows.Well you got to think sure he was in a world with zombies but he was in a world of zombies with his best friend an his family. that world so far has turned his best friend against in which he had to kill an killing your best friend an partner has to have some reall effects on your mind an then after that he lost his wife not too mention under his leadership many have died i think his crazy state of mind is justified. best parts of season 2 was the shane barn incident an the final conflict between shane an rick but the overall slow pacing of season 2 did hit the show in a hard way

He didn't have to kill anyone, though. Rick's not a good guy or a hero, and Rick's responsible for what happened with his wife too. Someone should have some good in them.

@Charlie_Jade: I haven't seen any BB episodes so I'll reserve judgement till I do, but you're not the only one to bring that show up so maybe there's something to it.

@mrdecepticonleader: I'm sorry you don't think I should use certain words. What does that add to this discussion?

@turoksonofstone: Agree to disagree, I respect your opinion but IMO there's nothing fresh about TWD. Thanks for commenting. :]

@JamesKM716 said:

The tension for me came from who would lives s go would die. Is Rock going crazy? What's going to happen to him and the group?

So just Rick being unstable, all right I can see that.

@redbird3rdboywonder: As for the cartoons, I'll take your word as I do not watch them. I despise Family Guy so that might be a worthy choice.

deepdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deepdown

The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, American Idol, the one with snoki, The Housebitches of anything, most everything on Bravo and MTV, Grey's Anatomy, anything that is so called "reality television".

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Xanni15

@deepdown: Snooki Stackhouse or the other Snooki? I would agree that the majority of reality TV is pretty bad.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By JamesKM716

@Xanni15: Baseline The appeal is this. I care about these characters. The third season has proven itself willing to hurt these characters. That makes for incredibly entertaining show.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By .Ajax.

A lot of shows are overrated these days. But that is simply because of the way society works today; people fall into fads and that's how pretty much everything works.

The walking dead is a decent show; the first season was incredible but I do have to agree with OP in saying that it has went significantly down hill since then.

Honestly, with the exception of Darrell, there isn't a single character on the show that I like even the slightest bit. I'll stick to Sons of Anarchy from now on.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Xanni15

@JamesKM716 said:

@Xanni15: Baseline The appeal is this. I care about these characters. The third season has proven itself willing to hurt these characters. That makes for incredibly entertaining show.

Sounds good. :]

@.Ajax.: Daryl's cool, so is Michonne even though her loyalty to Andrea is beyond annoying. SoA worth getting into? I'm a fan of a few FX series', The Shield and Justified.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By .Ajax.

@Xanni15

SoA is awesome, and I'm not just saying that because most people who watch the show say it. Excellent writing and story, I really enjoy pretty well all of the characters...I actually feel sympathetic for some of them unlike in Walking Dead. And despite the fact their a biker gang that does illegal things, you don't for one minute wish they would get caught! Plus, their all incredibly badass; and if you're a femal I would hazard a guess that you would certainly be into Jax Tellar haha.

Dexter and Breaking Bad are also top notch shows.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Xanni15

@.Ajax.: Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try to check it out. :]

I've watched Dexter, it just lost me for some reason. And BB is another that seems to be hit and miss for some.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I've tried getting into the show, but I just can't see the appeal.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
    Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on how big it is right now, it can't really be anything but over rated at this point.

Kind of like The Dark Knight

That said I'm enjoying it and this reminding me I have to go watch last nights episode!

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By .Ajax.

@Xanni15

Not a problem! I lost interest in Dexter for awhile!

SoA is definitely the best out of all of them!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Xanni15@DarkKnightDetective:

Breaking Bad is one of the few shows that live up to their huge hype.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
    deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

iCarly. Everyday of the week.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By kuonphobos

I think the O'Reilly Factor may be a little more overrated.

=)

I find it amusing that TWD gets a countdown timer AND an aftershow as well as being re-released in black and white. So based upon those factors added to the lack luster nature of the show's recent two seasons....NO there is no show which is more overrated than TWD.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: This seems to be a problem with a lot of cable networks that used to be geared at something specific and are now just trying to put out high rated shows. Once they get a good one they hype the crap out of it like it's the Super Bowel.

Just look as channels like Discovery and History. The only historical discovery I've made from those two channels, in a long time, is there names are complete crap.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kuonphobos

@Captain_Yesterday: I like how you called it "the Super Bowel". Was that intentional? Because it certainly is appropos! =)

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: Yup, I LOVE football, and I HATE the Super 'Bowl', if that makes sense....

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GodOfMischief

It's already been said, but The Big Bang Theory is easily one of the most overrated shows of all time.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kuonphobos

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@kuonphobos: Yup, I LOVE football, and I HATE the Super 'Bowl', if that makes sense....

Absolutely makes sense. I love the season around Christmas but hate the commercialization of the season. I think the same thing goes for the superbowl more than any other sporting/cultural event. Certainly TWD is not even close to being as overrated as the Super Bowl althought I think the OP implies ongoing shows and not single events.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Walzo

@Charlie_Jade said:

@Xanni15 said:

To be fair and honest,

imdb ratings

walking dead 8.7/10

breaking bad 9.4/10

AND BREAKING BAD IS AWFULLY DULLSHIT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

Of course with all the hype I checked it out, 2 seasons later it still sucks, storylines so cliché, pinkmans pals are uninteresting, the women in the show are uninteresting wenches, the American latino are stereotyped as ruthless pimps, drug addicts, illegals and gangsters......yes groundbreaking television indeed...if you've never seen weeds or the wire or some kind of show that combines family disfunctionalism, recreational drug use and crime noir all together into one package it must be a big 'wow'

You're obviously in a minority.

Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: True, but all these other events only add to the hype.

It even seems like some have turned on the comic because of all the attention.

But it's not all a bad thing. Truth is I always read TPB comics, but it was TWD that fueled me to start buying/following them on a regular basis cause I thought it'd be silly to only follow only that when I already liked so many comic characters.

Too bad there's no unlimited Punisher series...

Bottom Line yes it's over rated, but of all the over rated things in this world this is the least to be upset about,.,,cough... Twilight...cough

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15:I never really said you shouldn't of used the word,just that it gets thrown onto anything that is popular,and is well received.It just seems like people cant just enjoy things anymore without someone saying "Its overrated"As if it is somehow a valuable critique and as if something might be overrated it is automatically assumed as being bad.

Too many people make the assumption that if something is overrated then that means its bad.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kuonphobos

Too many people make the assumption that if something is overrated then that means its bad.

But isn't that assumption kind of built into the very word "overrated"? I mean something gets rated highly for whatever reason (usually a commercial reason) then actual observation leads a growing number to disagree with the high rating. This would be a downward movement (negative). A negative reaction would surely be "bad" for the commercial reasons behind the original high ratings.

Perhaps the word "bad" shouldn't apply because ultimately it comes down to various tastes which like opinions are very subjective and not very succeptible to objective criticism. I think a better word might be "over hyped".

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @GodOfMischief said:

It's already been said, but The Big Bang Theory is easily one of the most overrated shows of all time.

true
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

But isn't that assumption kind of built into the very word "overrated"? I mean something gets rated highly for whatever reason (usually a commercial reason) then actual observation leads a growing number to disagree with the high rating. This would be a downward movement (negative). A negative reaction would surely be "bad" for the commercial reasons behind the original high ratings.

Perhaps the word "bad" shouldn't apply because ultimately it comes down to various tastes which like opinions are very subjective and not very succeptible to objective criticism. I think a better word might be "over hyped".

Not necessarily,sine they are both different words with different meanings.Some things that are overrated/over hyped can still be good,it doesn't mean to say it is bad,just that maybe it is not as good as people have made out.But that does not make it bad.

And yeah it is all subjective at the end of the day.

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By Bushwhacker_

My Little Pony

-Come at me, bro-

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Xanni15

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thank you, I'm definitely going to check it out. :]

@kuonphobos: I wasn't aware of some of those factors. Wow, talk about pampered.

@Captain_Yesterday said:

Bottom Line yes it's over rated, but of all the over rated things in this world this is the least to be upset about,.,,cough... Twilight...cough

How dare you! :P

@Xanni15:I never really said you shouldn't of used the word,just that it gets thrown onto anything that is popular,and is well received.It just seems like people cant just enjoy things anymore without someone saying "Its overrated"As if it is somehow a valuable critique and as if something might be overrated it is automatically assumed as being bad.

I just don't even see the reason you brought it up in the first place. Yes, you can obviously discuss anything you want and post whatever you want, but I don't see how it added to the discussion.

I also don't see how you can make that connection to my OP, where I ever said that I liked S1, and have continued to watch the show. I'm not hating on TWD, just keeping it in perspective.

Not necessarily,sine they are both different words with different meanings.Some things that are overrated/over hyped can still be good,it doesn't mean to say it is bad,just that maybe it is not as good as people have made out.But that does not make it bad.

And that is essentially what I have been saying all along. TWD isn't the worst show on TV; however, IMO I think it is the most overrated show currently on TV based upon a number of factors.

@Bushwhacker_: You better not start a flame war in here! ;)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15:I brought it up because as I said the word gets used a bit much and alot of people presume if something is overrated then that means it is bad. I wasn't really aiming my post specifically at you though.I think ironically that the word overrated is indeed that.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Xanni15

@mrdecepticonleader: Okay.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now Twilight that is overrated.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#91  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Xanni15

Now I feel like you're just trolling me. lol

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Xanni15

@PowerHerc said:

Nope.

I'm glad to have you on my side.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15 said:

lol

Well it is.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Xanni15

@Xanni15 said:

lol

Well it is.

I got ya, it's not for everyone. :]

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Xanni15 said:

To be fair and honest, I do watch this show and I liked the first season so this isn't just random hating, but it has gone straight downhill after that. Season 2 was so awful and a waste of time, and season 3 so far hasn't really done anything except add a few more zombies to the show as opposed to season 2.

I know it's all about different tastes and opinions, and that I don't have to watch it, yeah yeah; yet, how this show can be held to such high standards is beyond me. It's predictable and filled with annoying moments, and the show in general is incredibly inconsistent.

I've also read about 5 issues of the comics and really don't see why it was adapted in the first place. Gotta fill the air time, I suppose.

Judging from what I have read around here this opinion seems to be the minority.

How dare you say this and dislike this show...what are you stupid?? I am just kidding,

I love the show but even I will agree its not as great as the hype. The second season was garbage and I am surprised it didn't lose its audience during it, I honestly thought there wouldn't be a season 3. Now of days people are so lazy and watch so much TV I believe people will watch something even if its bad just out of habit or because someone told them too....wait a minute, isn't Honey Boo Boo a highly rated TV show??.....Yup. never mind my beliefs. We can pretty much say its fact. People will watch anything.

I mean there was an episode in the second season where the whole episode focused on Daryl getting injured, seeing a vision of Merle, and finding his inner redneck and making an ear necklace from the zombies he struck down. When everyone saw this episode we were like "Oh shit, Daryl is probably going to become crazy like his brother and cause some inner turmoil in the group" later that episode, Andrea shoots him by accident...which would further the theory "oh shit, Daryl is going to lose it...." Then, the next episode, Daryl was back to being his normal self......So, what the f**k was the point of that whole episode...were the writers just having some fun fan fiction or something.......what nonsense. Easily one of the biggest blunders of any tv show ever.
    Avatar image for deathstrokemerc
    DeathstrokeMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DeathstrokeMerc

Happy Days! I mean come on, Fonzie gets all the chicks, hits a jukebox, and conducts business in a restroom. Same thing over and over again!

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Xanni15

@cattlebattle: I remember that episode, and more than Daryl, Andrea stuck with me. How the HELL do you shoot Daryl?! She's going on an on about how great a shot she is, and wants her gun back, then shoots Daryl!

I'm one of those who just watches it out of habit, a few of my friends watch it so there's another reason.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheHulk

YES! Glee.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Xanni15 said:

@cattlebattle: I remember that episode, and more than Daryl, Andrea stuck with me. How the HELL do you shoot Daryl?! She's going on an on about how great a shot she is, and wants her gun back, then shoots Daryl!

I'm one of those who just watches it out of habit, a few of my friends watch it so there's another reason.

Andrea shot him because she thought he was a walker....which I actually didn't find to be a blunder, he was all beat up and was hobbling. Would have had more impact if he died....but then again, Daryl is awesome. So, I am glad he didn't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.