digitalvampire's The Unwritten #5 - How the Whale Became review

Avatar image for digitalvampire

Unwritten #5

Gross does a good of depicting lots of different locations in this issue, each one feeling authentic. There's also beautiful depiction of Kipling's How the Whale Got His Throat , and a few Jungle Book teases.

This issue was a little hard to get through. It's very dense compared to the previous issues, with almost no action. However, the book nerds reading this will love it. Instead of staring Tom Taylor, this issue focuses on Rudyard Kipling. I had to check the cover to make sure I had picked up the right comic! There is a payoff at the end, but most of the comic I struggled to even understand how it fit in with Unwritten at all. If you aren't a book nerd, I would just skip to the end and pick up there.