I am appalled at Marvel

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

Edited By Gold Dust Boi

It just came to my attention about Uncanny X-men being cancelled.  I am absolutely horrified by this.  I don't even have anything snappy to say.  Just extreme disappointment.  This was the title that got me into collecting comic books and its a complete shame that they would cancel it with all the other extraneous titles they have.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

there's still gonna be like 5 X titles so its not like the xmen are going away

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown

Yea don't worry, no way its not getting replaced or relaunched.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Gold Dust Boi said:
    It just came to my attention about Uncanny X-men being cancelled.  I am absolutely horrified by this.  I don't even have anything snappy to say.  Just extreme disappointment.  This was the title that got me into collecting comic books and its a complete shame that they would cancel it with all the other extraneous titles they have.
    Marvel won't even do much. just renumber it for a bit and revert to the old #'s later. promise. It's the DC fan we should feel for. They are gonna get waxed all 2012 long..... 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

It'll be back in like 5 months. Marvel just needs something "jaw dropping" since their competitor is....well you know

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Yeah I understand all of that I really do and my biggest pet peeve is a little stupid I'll admit but I was really looking forward to #550.  It felt really good to pick up Legacy #250 this week knowing that I had the whole set.  I just hate all the renumbering and relaunching and everything that companies do now.  Like if your 4 X-men titles are doing poorly then cut Vol. 3 or Astonishing (which is just another X-title without Whedon).  Don't cut your longest running title just to bring it back.  So stupid.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Marvel doesn't care.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Honestly this isn't really the first time, simply think of it as them pausing it, they can't write uncanny when the x-men are divided into two separate groups, give it a year and it will be back to where it is now(I hate renumbering and I already understand their reason for it)

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    Honestly this isn't really the first time, simply think of it as them pausing it, they can't write uncanny when the x-men are divided into two separate groups, give it a year and it will be back to where it is now(I hate renumbering and I already understand their reason for it)
    You know that the most reasonable explanation Ive heard yet.  Can't have Uncanny when the team is divided.  OK I'll take that for a while but they better come back with Uncanny X-men #545 at some point...
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123
    @Gold Dust Boi said:
    Just in time for the DCU relaunch. xD
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By iLLituracy

550 is a number. Cut off your OCD impulses for a minute. Your favorite team isn't going anywhere...more of them will probably die...some of them may not like each other anymore, but they'll still be there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.