wmwadeii's The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5 - The Foes Are Back! review

Avatar image for wmwadeii

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5 Rating

Cover & Solicit - 3/5

• Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?
  • Are the alternate covers appealing?
  • Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?
  • Do I like the artist's style on the cover?

Art, Colors & Inking - 3/5

- Weighted Double

• Do I personally like this artist's style?
  • Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?
  • If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?
  • Does the coloring/inking blend well with the artist?
  • Is the coloring and inking enjoyable to the eye?
  • Is it easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout & Flow - 3/5

• Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read?
  • Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?
  • Can I easily read the issue, to include lettering?
  • Is there too little or too much dialogue or monologue?
  • Is it easy to understand what's happening without reading previous issues, or other titles?

Story - 4/5

- Weighted Triple

• How well did the issue further develop the current story?
  • How well did the issue further develop the characters?
  • Did the writer stay true to the history and characteristics of the characters?
  • Did I simply enjoy reading the issue?
  • At the end of the issue do I immediately want to read the next one?

Verdict - 3.3 (6.5/10)

- For additional ratings and previews of this issue, visit my blog at Images Unplugged.

Other reviews for The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5 - The Foes Are Back!

Nearly a laugh per panel...and there's a whole lot of panels. 0

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5“The Foes are Back”In a light week of reading, my pick for review is my tonally “light” monthly read, The Superior Foes of Spider-man #5. Spencer and Lieber’s exploration into just what makes a hopeless loser villain tick continues to delight me and cause my girlfriend to glance over in confusion over what could possibly be eliciting such vocalizations from me while reading on the couch. From the opening interrogation at the hands of The Owl that I couldn’t help...

*Sigh* 0

Nothing new is really covered here, the same jokes are used, the same lines are used, more or less, and there really isn't anything interest presented here. This is the same ol' shtick Spenser has been serving us for the last four issues. If you don't mind that, go bananas. Otherwise, go buy something you'll enjoy....