Follow

The Spirit

Character » The Spirit appears in 1440 issues.

Will Eisner's legendary newspaper comic creation was Denny Colt, a police detective that took on the identity of the masked vigilante, The Spirit, upon seemingly being resurrected after his death.

Video Review for The Spirit Special #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Here's my video review on The Spirit Special #1.  DC put this out to prepare you before the movie comes out next month.  It's classic Will Eisner.

I snuck into the Giant Bomb lair and used their equipment.  Shhhh....
    Avatar image for aran_the_forsaken
    Aran the Forsaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aran the Forsaken

oooh high tech! good review..and i agree with that other guy...ima watch it for ScarJo!! lol 

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL yes! MOAR!

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

That dude at the end is really weird, but so handsome.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mr. Wilson

lol

I like the new tech. The movie looks crazy though even though I enjoy the Spirit.  Frank Miller is off his rocker.  :(

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

G-Man I would like you to review The Boys.  Specially since I see similarities to it and The Watchmen -- which is in the news alot.

mrenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrenb

You provided good info.  While The Spirit is synonymous with Eisner, this looks like a misguided and self-indulgent attempt on Miller's part to provide a Spirit movie.  Based on the trailer, and also based on the fact most people aren't familiar with The Spirit (despite it being around for a long, long time), I think it won't do very well, SJ or not.  In the strips,  I've also always thought Ebony was blatantly awful with racist overtones.(my op.)  Lastly, the attempt to do another movie in Sin City's style (which was a good movie) may not fly with most movie-goers.  I know several people who haven't seen Sin City simply because it was in black and white with the color highlights; this one falls in that same category.  *sigh*  If I am wrong, that would be wonderful, but I don't think I am.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr Mofo

Pretty slick video.  As you know, I'm a huge Eisner fan (I've tried fleshing out some character pages with ya).  I have to say that I agree with [G-Man].  This was a great comic (for those that haven't read the stories before).  I can't see how the movie will be good.  It seems so far off of Eisner's vision.  I get that some things might need to be updated but the whole movie just looks and feels wrong.  I could be mistaken.  DC's current Spirit ongoing (now written by Sergio Argones) has done a great job of retaining the classic Eisner feel while subtly moving things into the 21st Century.

I don't think I'll be seeing the movie on opening day.  I don't want to ruin my Christmas.

Graft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Graft

MOAR

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.