liberty's The Spectre #4 - Crime and Judgement review

Avatar image for liberty
  • liberty wrote this review on .
  • liberty has written a total of 301 reviews. The last one was for The Isle Of Fear

Best so far in the series

Best so far in the series.  I loved this book.  I knew nothing of the Spectre before I started reading and nothing prepared me for how great this story is.  As a hero I don't like the Spectre.  To me he is not a hero.  He is hubris he is vengeance and he would tell you that himself.  I really let the writer have it for issue two but one thing it do right was set up this issue.  Fantastic.

What I loved most about this issue is the Spetre admits to his short comings.  He screwed up a lot of things no matter how hard he tried to be on the side of right.  He even talks back to God in the afterlife.  The hands down best part however if Jim Corrigan is unable to forgive himself.  All the wrong he has done haunts him.  He can't get past his own guilt.

The art in this book is really good.  The Spectre lends to creative places and dream sequence styles art and it is done with perfection.  I could not find anything bad about this book at all and I would recommend this book to anyone that could watch a PG-13 movie.  I gave this book a perfect five.  This book is great.  Find it buy it.